• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Anavite

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Started taking Anavite and wondering if anyone else takes it or has used it in the past and their opinions on the product. Is it worth the price? or am I better off taking a simple and cheaper muti-vitamin?

"The Ultimate Performance Enhancing Multivitamin Supplement

ANAVITE is far beyond a mere high potency multivitamin. It's really 3 supplements in 1. A high potency athlete's multivitamin/mineral formula with optimal, clinically validated doses of Beta-Alanine and Carnipure? (L-Carnitine L-Tartrate) for vastly increasing endurance and nitric oxide levels while reducing recovery time, thus optimally increasing aerobic and anaerobic athletic performance. Fully loaded with highly bioavailable vitamin cofactors such as methylcobalamin and powerful minerals such as methylselenocysteine you can expect that ANAVITE will exceed your expectations in a high potency multivitamin & mineral formulation. To raise the bar even further, Gaspari researchers included 2 FULL GRAMS of the powerful recovery aide Carnipure? (L-Carnitine L-Tartrate) which has also been shown to increase vasodilation, nitric oxide levels, and increases androgen receptor density. Lastly, while other companies under dose Beta-Alanine, ANAVITE includes over a FULL 3 GRAM daily dose of this powerful amino acid which is the dosing threshold clinically shown to increase both anaerobic and aerobic performance. This means you can train harder longer!?

WHAT DOES ANAVITE DO?

* Increases Androgen Receptor Content in Muscle?
* Enhances Post Exercise Muscle Recovery?
* Increases Vasodilation and Nitric Oxide Availability?
* Maximizes Aerobic and Anaerobic Sports Performance?
* Contains High Potency Multivitamin & Mineral Formula?

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: What makes ANAVITE better than other multivitamins?

A: ANAVITE contains optimal doses of the vitamins and minerals athletes need, utilizing the highest quality bioavailable ingredients. Furthermore, it does not contain ineffective doses of numerous ingredients commonly known as "label fluff," but effective doses of beta-alanine and l-carnitine l-tartrate. These not only help support the body's anti-oxidant systems, but support performance and recovery.

Q: How long does a bottle of ANAVITE last?

A: At the maximum doses ANAVITE contains a 30 day supply.

Q: Does ANAVITE cause a "prickling" (aka parathesia) sensation like other beta-alanine products?

A: Because of its advanced tableting technology, the amount of parathesia caused by ANAVITE is minimal if there is any at all. If you do feel any just split the doses into two pills taken with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Q: Why did Gaspari include beta-alanine and l-carnitine l-tartrate in a multivitamin formula?

A: ANAVITE is actually a 3 in 1 supplement. Most other multivitamin formulas really don't do much in terms of increasing performance and contain a bunch of underdosed ingredients that don't equate to much. Furthermore, beta-alanine is best used multiple times a day in clinically validated doses. You'll notice it's used in many pre-workout products that don't contain the optimal dosing. Since multivitamins and beta-alanine are best taken multiple times a day it made sense to stack them in the same product along with a powerful performance boosting anti-oxidant like l-carnitine l-tartrate. "

http://www.gasparinutrition.com/products/anavite/

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The problem with all of these supplements is that they can write what ever they want on the label and are not held to any real standards bc they are not regulated by the FDA. SO you could be taking centrum right now. I agree that bio-availability is probably the 2nd biggest factor in a supplement. The first being that the supplement actually contains what the label says it does. I am a big fan of Beta-alanine. The Chemistry behind beta-alanine is very simple but very neat. Beta-Alanine is converted into carnosine in your cells. Carnosine acts like a Bronsted-Lowery base, a proton acceptor, and acts as a cellular buffer keeping the pH approximately constant at +-1 pKa, allowing the chemical reactions that occur when a muscle contracts to take place longer than had the carnosine not been present. Carnosine is naturally present in your body but supplementing beta-alanine increases carnosine in skeletal muscle, but so does adaption to weight training. Additional supplementation allows more carnosine to be present than just weight training alone.

J Appl Physiol. 2010 Oct;109(4):1096-101. Epub 2010 Jul 29.
Important role of muscle carnosine in rowing performance.

Baguet A, Bourgois J, Vanhee L, Achten E, Derave W.

Dept. of Movement and Sports Sciences, Ghent Univ., Watersportlaan 2, B-9000 Ghent, Belgium.
Abstract

The role of the presence of carnosine (β-alanyl-L-histidine) in millimolar concentrations in human skeletal muscle is poorly understood. Chronic oral β-alanine supplementation is shown to elevate muscle carnosine content and improve anaerobic exercise performance during some laboratory tests, mainly in the untrained. It remains to be determined whether carnosine loading can improve single competition-like events in elite athletes. The aims of the present study were to investigate if performance is related to the muscle carnosine content and if β-alanine supplementation improves performance in highly trained rowers. Eighteen Belgian elite rowers were supplemented for 7 wk with either placebo or β-alanine (5 g/day). Before and following supplementation, muscle carnosine content in soleus and gastrocnemius medialis was measured by proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy ((1)H-MRS) and the performance was evaluated in a 2,000-m ergometer test. At baseline, there was a strong positive correlation between 100-, 500-, 2,000-, and 6,000-m speed and muscle carnosine content. After β-alanine supplementation, the carnosine content increased by 45.3% in soleus and 28.2% in gastrocnemius. Muscle carnosine elevation was positively correlated to 2,000-m performance enhancement (P = 0.042 and r = 0.498). It can be concluded that the positive correlation between baseline muscle carnosine levels and rowing performance and the positive correlation between changes in muscle carnosine and performance improvement suggest that muscle carnosine is a new determinant of rowing performance.

PMID: 20671038 [PubMed - in process]

As far as your vitamin is concerned I would find any studies that you could on it, or send it off to be lab tested to get results on the quality of ingredients. The charges on the nutrients are really vital. That is what I am referring to when i say quality ingredients. If they are not bio-available their is no point in taking them.

Ben

Last edited:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I think it's a good multi vitamin cause of the bio-availability point.

I would stick to animal pak though.