• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Hello

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
good enough...

How about you pain? you don't post much any more. lots of work?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Chillin' with James Bond.

About to do my first diet and then compete in my first sanctioned powerlifting comp in 7 weeks.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Chillin' with James Bond.

About to do my first diet and then compete in my first sanctioned powerlifting comp in 7 weeks.

Nice one, I just joined healthworks in westend, they do competitive meets there and the manager is training for the aus titles in july i think he said. He does 90kg class and last meet pulled 280kg squatted 300 and benched 200 or so. Jeff someone. really humble guy, I actually thought he was tiny because of the clothes he wore, until i saw him train... his thighs were like my waist he worked upto a 220kg squat with additional chains for reps...

Last edited:
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
What are the opening hours for Healthworks? I'm going to UQ as of this year which is like across the river... I'd go to the powerlifting club but the opening hours really aren't helpful for training. We could train together if I went there!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^^^

bromance.

don't reply Pickle.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
uuuuuuh love is in the air.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
What are the opening hours for Healthworks? I'm going to UQ as of this year which is like across the river... I'd go to the powerlifting club but the opening hours really aren't helpful for training. We could train together if I went there!

would be good skip, but i can only do early mornings regularly. your not a 6am squatter are you?
they are 5:30-9 mon thurs, 5:30 to 8 friday 7:30-6:30 sat abd 8-12 then 3-30-630 sun

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I'm not a 6am wake up person lol... How do you have the energy to squat and stuff at 6am? hahaha however I do have to be at uni 8am tues-fri this semester...

How much are fees?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Nice one, I just joined healthworks in westend, they do competitive meets there and the manager is training for the aus titles in july i think he said. He does 90kg class and last meet pulled 280kg squatted 300 and benched 200 or so. Jeff someone. really humble guy, I actually thought he was tiny because of the clothes he wore, until i saw him train... his thighs were like my waist he worked upto a 220kg squat with additional chains for reps...

Jeff Lam. He runs CAPO comps which I won't be allowed to compete in once I join Powerlifting Australia (different Feds, PA is tested, CAPO isn't).

Skip, the UQ PL Club is a PA club.

Last edited:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Jeff Lam. He runs CAPO comps which I won't be allowed to compete in once I join Powerlifting Australia (different Feds, PA is tested, CAPO isn't).

Skip, the UQ PL Club is a PA club.

I realise this, but it's opening hours are extremely inconvenient ahahaha. My ability to train this year is going to have a lot to do with actually being able to get to the gym.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
i pay 15bucks a week skip i only in there mon/wed/frid at 6am till 7ish usually.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Are you still powerlifting and stuff?

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
^nope, still recovering from bad back doing basic full body work and am able to squat, power clean and bench but im not going to deadlift for a while. Cant afford to be sore at work when i wrestling with druggies etc lollooool

Malouda

Malouda

hey there . . . !!!
another newbie here , happy to find this forum . . . :D
would love to have some friends from here . . . :D

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
hello, stay active. Natzo would like that.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hard to stay active here... got lots of work, bills etc.

oh gas prices are over 3.15$ here in Texas. wow

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
$3.15/gallon right? Thats like 80c/Litre yeah? You Americans get cheap ****ing fuel lol. It's $1.30-$1.50/Litre over here (and our currency is equal right now looooooool), I know that Europe's fuel prices are even worse than ours.