• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rumor: Evan Centopani no Compete '11 Olympia!

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rumor: Evan Centopani not compete in the '11 Olympia!

..Should he compete this year or sit this one out & add more mass?.. :eclipsee_gold_cup:

_PB14118wtmkJPG-1.jpg

Last edited:
Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He should go for it, we know he wont do any damage but he's young and should enjoy his time.

oldez

oldez

I think some pros (Evan included) go too overboard (Priest) with the offseason bulk and it hinders their progress. He'd make more progress if he competed more often and stayed leaner through out the year. So "compete" for me. And the more contest preps he get's under his belt the easier it will be to come in conditioned in the future.

A

agefranco

Is it actually a rumour that hes sitting out.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think some pros (Evan included) go too overboard (Priest) with the offseason bulk and it hinders their progress. He'd make more progress if he competed more often and stayed leaner through out the year. So "compete" for me. And the more contest preps he get's under his belt the easier it will be to come in conditioned in the future.

All the way around my amigo, by your post i guess you've never been on a stage.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yep, source, please?

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Let me assume, that there is no rumours about this, and that this is only COACH's own speculation?

In my opinion he should do the Olympia but no other shows before it.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I think he'll pass it this year.

reasons :

1. His baby is scheduled to born in June, wich means his O prer will be significantly affected.
2. the guy waited 1 year to do the Arnold.
3. he's that kind of body builder
4. he still needs to make improvements.
5. he always wants to be better in the next show.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Natzo has sayed it all, various concrete reasons that could halt his focus for the big competition, despite being still 5 months out from the O, and having time to improve, a newborn child is something that would surely throw off his prep somehow, while if he sits out, he can focus on growing and improving more, and then come back stronger 2012. I don't see why the decision to don't go to the O is being so criticized, Phil Heath, didn't competed in the Olympia until 2008 and before he did only 5 shows in 3 Pro seasons, Evan has done 3 shows in 3 Pro seasons, winning two of em, so this strategy seems to pay well. No reason to be rushed by the Olympia fever and end up placing outta top 10 just to say "hey I did the Olympia" but placing next to Willmore and guys like that

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
The "source" is another thread on MD lol. I think he won't do the O though.

F

fitmod066

i think maby he should just do a smaller show this year instead of the olympia... rack up another win. Then take the rest of the time to make improvements until the Arnold next year!

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He did not get over powered by mass of other guys... he has plenty compete with anyone!

He should compete in both ASC and Olympia EVERY year regardless of his placing! His off-stage prep was good, he needs to improve the on-stage package (condotionning, Tanning
& Posing) IMHO he would have easily taken out at least Victor if his tan was as good as Branch's... he would have done better if he knew how to hide weaknesses in his poses (both relaxed poses and front double bi)! Improving upon these things dont warrent a year off.... 5 months till Olympia should be enough!

On the other hand if he is taking a year off because of personal/family rerasons then by all means he should take time off from competetion!

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Re: Rumor: Evan Centopani not compete in the '11 Olympia!

The source is in the MD forum!

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He did not get over powered by mass of other guys... he has plenty compete with anyone!

He should compete in both ASC and Olympia EVERY year regardless of his placing! His off-stage prep was good, he needs to improve the on-stage package (condotionning, Tanning
& Posing) IMHO he would have easily taken out at least Victor if his tan was as good as Branch's... he would have done better if he knew how to hide weaknesses in his poses (both relaxed poses and front double bi)! Improving upon these things dont warrent a year off.... 5 months till Olympia should be enough!

On the other hand if he is taking a year off because of personal/family rerasons then by all means he should take time off from competetion!

.. I also believe that the current level that Evan has won .. can easily compete in any contest!

Last edited:
COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The "source" is another thread on MD lol. I think he won't do the O though.
..Thanks tkD ..In my opinion ..think the same!

Last edited:
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He needs to get his feat wet with the best of the best, no sense in not doing it this year, hes a moron if he doesnt do it..

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He needs to get his feat wet with the best of the best, no sense in not doing it this year, hes a moron if he doesnt do it..
..x2 ..This opportunity .. to be up in the rankings might not ever be repeated!
The current continuity in Bodybuiding is very difficult!
And having Name-Status in the industry much more!