• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Art Atwood dead at 37 years old

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
RIP Art Atwood.

Arthur Dale Atwood died today in Dallas, Texas. He was 37 years old. The circumstances of his death are still unclear. Although, there have been several sources that have said that Art was at a pool party and fell or jumped in. When he was pulled out by fellow party-goers he was already blue and wasn't able to be resuscitated. Until the autopsy is performed, we can't know if any substances or alcohol was involved.

Art won his IFBB pro card at the 2001 NPC Nationals in Atlanta, Georgia. His professional bodybuilding debut was the 2001 Toronto Pro where he took 1st place, joining an elite club of pro bodybuilders who won their first pro show. His first IFBB Mr. Olympia came in 2002, where he placed a respectable 12th. During the span of his career, Art competed in 19 shows as a pro bodybuilder, and retired from the stage in 2006.

Atwood was arrested in 2008 in connection with Operation Raw Deal. His arrest was also tied in with the arrest of David Jacobs, who later killed IFBB Fitness Pro Amanda Savell and then turned the gun on himself.

Since his arrest Art started Professional Supplements and was responsible for bringing Vitargo to the United States. Professional Supplements and Atwood’s main product, Karbolyn, have become very popular and the growth of his company and his reputation as a businessman had recently surged. He was also highly regarded as a contest prep coach, helping IFBB Pros Steve Kuclo, Jason Huh, and many others. Art also ran and owned a nutrition store and tanning salon called, Results Dallas.

Art Atwood was one of the first IFBB Pro bodybuilders I was fortunate enough to have an extended conversation with. When we met, I was surprised by his modesty, honesty, and the friendly manner in which he spoke to me... A regular fan. Since our first meeting, Art reinforced those initial impressions every time we had a chance to interact. Art’s death is a horrible loss for his family, friends, and the bodybuilding world as a whole. He will be missed.

29890_10150206630945454_619175453_128035-1.jpg

Created on Sunday, 11 September 2011 20:47 Written by Aaron Singerman Arthur Dale Atwood died today in Dallas, Texas. He was 37 years old. The circumstances of his death are still unclear. Although, there have been several sources that have said that Art was at a pool party and fell or jumped in. When he was pulled out by fellow party-goers he was already blue and wasn't able to be resuscitated. Until the autopsy is performed, we can't know if any substances or alcohol was involved.
Art won his IFBB pro card at the 2001 NPC Nationals in Atlanta, Georgia. His professional bodybuilding debut was the 2001 Toronto Pro where he took 1st place, joining an elite club of pro bodybuilders who won their first pro show. His first IFBB Mr. Olympia came in 2002, where he placed a respectable 12th. During the span of his career, Art competed in 19 shows as a pro bodybuilder, and retired from the stage in 2006.
Atwood was arrested in 2008 in connection with Operation Raw Deal. His arrest was also tied in with the arrest of David Jacobs, who later killed IFBB Fitness Pro Amanda Savell and then turned the gun on himself.
Since his arrest Art started Professional Supplements and was responsible for bringing Vitargo to the United States. Professional Supplements and Atwood’s main product, Karbolyn, have become very popular and the growth of his company and his reputation as a businessman had recently surged. He was also highly regarded as a contest prep coach, helping IFBB Pros Steve Kuclo, Jason Huh, and many others. Art also ran and owned a nutrition store and tanning salon called, Results Dallas.
Art Atwood was one of the first IFBB Pro bodybuilders I was fortunate enough to have an extended conversation with. When we met, I was surprised by his modesty, honesty, and the friendly manner in which he spoke to me... A regular fan. Since our first meeting, Art reinforced those initial impressions every time we had a chance to interact. Art’s death is a horrible loss for his family, friends, and the bodybuilding world as a whole. He will be missed.
*More details to follow as they come in.

Last edited by a moderator:
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
The story with the pool is kinda weird..

RIP.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's really BAD luck!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Damn... RIP ART

it's a shame, he was behind a really good supplement company - professional suplements, that make top products. They even sponsored Jason Huh.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Damn that sucks. RIP ART

Attachments

• DSC02049.jpg
    DSC02049.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 760
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
damn Dilated you have a pic with everyone that died this year.... Luke and now Art!

do you have a pic with Bin Laden?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
LMAO no bin laden. Yeah it was also the same day i met Luke Wood.

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very sad!
Two deaths in less than 15 days!
Rest in peace

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
RIP Art.

On a side note, seems like every person who takes a picture with DilatedAnus dies, must be some sort of curse :ughnoes:

Last edited:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, that is kinda creepy dilated. lol.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats sad :(
Art had one of the scarest hamstrings ever!

P.S. Im never getting my picture taken with Dilated!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
dude, i'm not getting a picture with dilated either when I go to Cali... :FEAR:

Hey Luis who else did you take a picture with on that day? I hope you dont ruin my Olympia weekend.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I fvcking knew it!!!

mwea6q-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^Hahahhahhaahhahhhahaha NYCE!!!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
LMFAO!!!.

oh wait.... OH ****, EVERYBODY CHANGE YOUR PREDICTIONS! looks like phil wont be joining the festivities.

Attachments

• DSC02042.jpg
    DSC02042.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 681
Last edited:
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
............ one day later.

Attachments

• DSC02068.jpg
    DSC02068.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 355
Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol poor Phil, fvck Jay!!

Look what Derek Anthony wrote on his FB page.

"The truth how art Artwood died. Xanax and alcohol. They found him in bed. Was a cover up that he drowned. The truth here it on the DA show. Sad. Prescription drugs. Another death."

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
..LMFO ..Mickey Mouse is Coming 2 that Thread **** all of U guys..lol ..hahahaha..