• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Weekend trainig

A

alessandro

Hi everybody,
I need your help regarding this question, how can I set my workout routine only using Saturday and Sunday? I know in advance it will be hard to reach a good level of training, but this is it. Thank you in advance. Alessandro

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Many HIT advicates such as Mike Mentzer claim to have been able to get clients results with training frequencies as low as once ever 7 days, some as low as 10-14 days apart. I know alot of people will disagree, but your in the perfect situation to put it to the test. I'd just train once a week bro, do and upper lower split, or push pull and go for it!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ as long as you don't drink the Koolaid of HIT you can get good results using an approach along those lines.

An upper/lower split would work very well. Another option is push/pull. Start with the biggest exercises and then use single joint stuff as finishers. Expect the workouts to take an hour to 1.5hrs. Try and stay active the rest of the week.

Also you'll need to rotate exercises monthly or every 6 weeks to not burnout.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ as long as you don't drink the Koolaid of HIT you can get good results using an approach along those lines.

An upper/lower split would work very well. Another option is push/pull. Start with the biggest exercises and then use single joint stuff as finishers. Expect the workouts to take an hour to 1.5hrs. Try and stay active the rest of the week.

Also you'll need to rotate exercises monthly or every 6 weeks to not burnout.

lol Tim gets up early in the mornings and drinks a **** load of hatorade!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
first of all what's your routine?

A

alessandro

Thank you for your advices. I was thinking to start with a sort of 5-3-1 workout routine. Do you think it will be ok?

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Write up a sample routine. Only then will you get serious meaningful feedback!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol Tim gets up early in the mornings and drinks a **** load of hatorade!

I tried Hatorade but it messes with my digestion.

My meaning was that HIT has some absolute garbage pseudoscience behind it that the Jedis push. As long as people don't get caught up in that BS then they can use HIT without ill affects.

@alessandro I don't know that a 531 template would work on a two dayer, unless you wanted to hit two sessions a day (say bench morning, then do a big shoulder and accessories evening session, etc). Best to read the manual on that point, but it is designed to be get the main stuff done, but the accessories are important. I'd say a better option would to pick some main exercises on either a push/pull or upper/lower and try to accumulate volume above 80% of Max (you can cycle this up for 3 weeks then drop back then ramp back up) and then do the rest of the exercises to do higher rep work.

A

alessandro

Thank you tim. I agree with your comment. I'll start with a push-pull routine(4-6 reps x 2 main exercises), and than I will finish with 2 other exercises with 8-10 reps.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Thank you tim. I agree with your comment. I'll start with a push-pull routine(4-6 reps x 2 main exercises), and than I will finish with 2 other exercises with 8-10 reps.

that's the way to go.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Still want to see a complete routine. It's always good to get it down on the forum and let people offer tips. Good for board activity too!

A

alessandro

ok, let me work on it, and it will be posted soon.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Jim Wendler actually wrote up a 2day/week version of 5/3/1 in his book.

A

alessandro

I've seen the book. It is perfect! I will start immediately Wendler's routine.

A

alessandro

i'm doing my job, and it seems to work...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to hear.

The rest of the week can have other stuff in it, like bodyweight exercises and general activity, such as walking the dog, chasing the kids, jumping to managers ridiculous demands.

J

John222

Well, exercises only for weekends have to be carefully planned and scheduled. Morning and evening time both are good for exercise. Swimming is good if you are going to do exercise only at weekends. But do exercise two times a day at weekends. Running at morning and swimming at evening would be best.