• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Confused about supplements!

B

Bigpapa

I need a little help. I can't decide between two pre workout supplements to try. 1 M.R or Cellucor C4 ? I have heard good stories about both. HELP !!

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Try a bigger cup of coffee and some good food with good carbs and moderate fats to keep your energy levels high through the day......no 1MR Duracelltech C4 Nuclear bomb s**t is so much better than that...

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't used pre-workouts in a while. For me, just a cup of coffee and a caffeine tablet. Total cost? Maybe .18 cents

As for which is better, pretty much every pre-workout supplement is the same 4-5 basic nutrients with about 50+ unnecessary filler nutrients. So it cracks me up when people argue that one is better than the other. Usually just placebo.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I do like some pre-workout.

but I agree with Flex and Flexfan (lol) a cup of coffee should do trick.. and why not some arginine poweder or caps.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, you could always make your own.

-Arginine AKG
-Caffeine tablet
-Taurine
-Beta-Alanine
-Creatine
-Citrulline Malate

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That substance can be dangerous if taken consistently over a period of time. Most commonly people have problems with not being able to breathe. Another popular ingredient being added to pre-workout supplements is vinpocetine which comes from the periwinkle plant. Vinpocetine increases the rate of cerebral ATP synthesis, which gives your brain more energy to run metabolic reactions. Humans break the phosphoester bond on the 3rd phosphate molecule in adenosine triphosphate(ATP) and the release of energy that comes form that (-62KJ/Mol) allows us to do metabolic work. The problems associated with vinpocetine are dizziness, most commonly.

I agree with flex I would stick with coffee. I also like the other stuff flex mentions beta alanine and creatine specifically. Beta-alanine works by increasing the concentration of inter cellular carnosine which is a buffer, it prevents changes in pH within the places it is located in the cell and by doing this reactions that are responsible for muscle contractions taking place can run longer. The reason that is true is b/c the rate of a reaction is a function of concentration of reactants/products, temperature, surface area, and pH. If carnosine is present pH takes a longer to change and the reactions responsible for muscle contraction can take place longer, which means more muscle endurance.

If you use creatine buy creatine citrate. Creatine citrate has high water solubility compared to mono-hydrate, phosphate, or ethyl-ester which means you can use less of it than the other types and get the same, or better effect. The more water soluble a nutrient the better the chance it has of being delivered to cells.

My personal preference would be to buy some raw cacao powder from a health food store b/c it is such a strong antioxidant. Cacao powder, that has not been processed by alkalizing the cacao by treating it with a chemical base, has an ORAC value in the 100,000's per 100g of cacao. Coco powder is not cacao, coco has been alkalized and the pi electrons have been oxidized, meaning the antioxidant effect of coco powder is far less than the antioxidant effect of cacao. Cacao bean/powder has a chemical in it very similar to caffeine called theobromine. It works by the same mechanism caffeine does but theobromine does not bind as strongly to adenosine receptors in the brain, but it does do other cool things. Cacao increases Nitric oxide production and has other neat chemicals in it some of which make you feel good by mimicking dopamine, and these chemicals are active in the human animal.

Last edited:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
**** I LOVE BIGBEN's POSTS!

thanks!

cacao powder hun? looks interesting.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I abuse cocoa powder. I add some every time I use protein powder.

As for 1,3-dimethylamylamine, I would probably avoid long-term use. I'm kinda a health nut, so I'm not big on using supplements for long periods of time that haven't been researched very long.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Creatine absorbtion is hindered by caffeine so both of these together before training wont be such a good idea. Coffee half an hour before workout and creatine half an hour after training!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff