• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Kai Greene - I'm not a weighlifter training vid. *must see*

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Check this awesome advice form Kai guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Great vid! agreed with everything he said.

P

power

You can contract all day with light weight; noting will be achieved, but when you contract with heavy weight and cheat a little, that's when muscle growth happens. For example , Branch, johnny, Ronnie.

umberto

umberto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
very interesting video...the truth without the "bodybuildeng zen"(or without too much bbzen)

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can contract all day with light weight; noting will be achieved, but when you contract with heavy weight and cheat a little, that's when muscle growth happens. For example , Branch, johnny, Ronnie.

You mean Branch, the tore-muscle-guy, Johnny big traps-chicken legs guy?

Take 80% of your 1MR, feel the muscle work, you'll be injury-free and big.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You listed 3 examples, and all 3 train at the same gym.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You mean Branch, the tore-muscle-guy, Johnny big traps-chicken legs guy?

Take 80% of your 1MR, feel the muscle work, you'll be injury-free and big.

xmasbigok-1.gif

1m94555zoom-1.jpg

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP

Ronnie's training is not similar to messy Branch and JOJ. especially when training arms. It is actually closer to what kai is saying.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
You listed 3 examples, and all 3 train at the same gym.

Metroflex FTW lol... Johnny does train well unless he partners up with Branch lol thats when he goes crazy. Ive always been a fan of big Rons training style.

Ronnie's training is not similar to messy Branch and JOJ. especially when training arms. It is actually closer to what kai is saying.

Yeah i remember branch talking about how ronnie at times would lift lighter but have better results so he had to take some pointers from him. I dont think its all about the contraction, sometimes you just have to go lighter to do the excercise properly yet stil have high resistance. You need a ballance ofcourse but it seems like more people have gotten results basing all their philosophies on heavy weight as opposed to lighter weight.

Last edited:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP

haha i took a sample of that last time i did delts. FFFFUUUAAAARK my workout was awesome! one of the best shoulder workouts ive ever done, big increase in strength and endurance.... But i dont take pre workouts so i dont give 1MR too much credit because im sure any pre-workout wouldve made a big difference in my performance considering i never take them anymore.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I could not agree more with kai. Guaranteed to never have a bad workout, unless you do not know what you are doing.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Except for Branch and JOJ, Ronnie did some of his crazy lifts mainly for camera reasons, see, showbiz. When you are hormonized like a walking pharmacy on feet, all you need is stay in mid high range reps with peak contractions and proper form, and cheating in last set or last reps, 60 min of training at max 90 you'll see wonders. Heavy duty or generaly very heavy weights works but only in some cases, and many times you'll see people who lift heavy in compounds movements having some muscle groups outmassing others, like strong flat benchers having huge delts and gunz but not much of great chest, heavy sets are needed in compound movements but just to boost test and general hormones levels to higher levels then it's possible to grow sticking with lighter weights. I'm doing this in this off-season and i'm growing like never happened, the key to longevity in this sport is train smart and maximize gains, not being a roid meathead who slam weights around. When hormonized at high levels you grow even by warm up sets. Coleman and other guys are anomalies, not all bber are that strong and even if you are, you must realize Bbing ain't powerlifting. Plain and simple. It's not about how much you lift but how much it looks you CAN lift. Look at Jay, the guy kept himself injury free through all these years while carrying around freaky size, same goes fro Freeman or Dexter. We rookies need heavy weights in basic compounds but not just them. A veteran can stick with just form and mid weights. But if hormones are made from good sources and you eat right, growth is guaranteed, genetic must be there also for sure

Last edited:
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^ that post would be gh15 approved!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I was thinking the same. HE forgot to post "Im'm eating ice cream and I'm actually growing xD"

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
MY GOD DANIEL!!!

THAT REALLY FITS! LOL

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
I've seen it on bb.com and couldn't stop lol'ing. :icon_mrgreen: