• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jay Cutler done with MuscleTech - MD drops Jason Huh/Cedric McMillan

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
companies start planning their advertising budgets for the upcoming year. They think about how they want to spent their money, and consider how the money they spent in the past year worked for them. This is the time to plan to advertising campaigns, re-sign, cut, and sign new athletes. The contest season is ending, but the business of bodybuilding is in full swing.

Signed

Dusty Hanshaw was recently signed by Weider/AMI. Dusty was one of the guys that had a lot of hype coming into NPC Nationals a few weeks ago in Miami. Most people expected Dusty to be somewhere in the top 5, but almost everyone was surprised that he ended up placing 10th in the Super-Heavyweight class. Neither the Overall National Champion, Todd Jewell, or Heavyweight winner, An Nguyen, have signed with Weider/AMI. This made it even more strange for Dusty to be signed. What it comes down to is advertising dollars. Dusty is heavily supported, marketed, and pushed by iForce Nutrition. I can only imagine that we will be seeing iForce advertising in a more substantial fashion in FLEX this coming year. This signing is a WIN for everyone. FLEX will get more advertising revenue, and a great ambassador for the sport in Dusty Hanshaw. Dusty is now a member of an elite team of athletes, and IForce has it?s top guy in the pages of FLEX magazine.

Cut

When you hear that an athlete has been dropped or cut it is often just a misunderstanding. Normally the truth is the athlete was just not re-signed. If you have a year contract with a magazine and the year ends without signing a new contract, you haven?t been cut or dropped. The result is you're just no longer under contract. That?s the case with both former MD athletes Cedric McMillan and Jason Huh. Both had their contracts end and no new contract was offered.

The most lucrative contract in the history of bodybuilding is about to come to an end. Jay Cutler?s high six-figure contract with MuscleTech (Iovate), is ending tomorrow on December 1st. The rumor on the street is that Jay and MuscleTech will be parting ways, and no new contract will be signed. Jay?s contract with MD will also be up in the new few months, so who knows what the future will bring for Jay. I think it?s safe to say, Jay will land on his feet. I?m predicting that 2012 will be the year we see Jay Cutler go mainstream.

Re-sign

Ben Pakulski is re-signing with Weider/AMI. Obviously, the guys over there really believe in Ben. I see Ben and his lovely very pregnant lady, Amanda, at the gym daily in Tampa. This is set to be a very exciting year for Ben. He?s got a baby 5 weeks away from popping onto the scene, a new workout program he?s introduced (MI40), re-signed with Weider/AMI, plus he?s just started dieting for the 2012 season.

jasonhuhoneweek5-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I would drop Huh too if I was MD the guy failed the expectations big time, talks way too much and gives crappy training advice.

As for Cedric, I wouldn't cause I still have hopes he will knock everyone out in 2012 at the NYP..... or fail big time, and I understand MD and Mtech not re-seign with a guy that has his priorities elsewhere and did miserably in 2011.

Cutler... damn Cutler can do whatever he wants.. my guess is that he didnt want to drop his high 6 figure paycheck, and just played the i'm in or out game... - he was out obvisously. lol

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would drop Huh too if I was MD the guy failed the expectations big time, talks way too much and gives crappy training advice.

As for Cedric, I wouldn't cause I still have hopes he will knock everyone out in 2012 at the NYP..... or fail big time, and I understand MD and Mtech not re-seign with a guy that has his priorities elsewhere and did miserably in 2011.

Cutler... damn Cutler can do whatever he wants.. my guess is that he didnt want to drop his high 6 figure paycheck, and just played the i'm in or out game... - he was out obvisously. lol

Jay is still the top 2 bodybuilder in the world... and the best bussinessman in BB, so, who cares if he doesn't resign with MT? He'll get his money, one way or another.

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wonder if BSN will jump to get Jay and offer him a 3 year contract like they did with Ronnie after he lost his tittle

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah I read the article by Jewbacca at RxMuscle the other day and didnt really think too much of it... all I wondered was what he meant by "...2012 will be the year we see Jay Cutler go mainstream."
I think Jay might start something with Rambod, a new supplement company or somethin... and he seems awefully intereseted (a heck a lot more than just being big brother/mentor role) in Phil so I woudnt be surprized if the two of them bring Phil into it too!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Yeah im surprised he hasnt started his own supp company, I think its only a matter of time. I wouldve dropped cedric too, why pour money into someone who isnt focused on what youre trying to help him with?

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
supplement company??

I WOULD PUT ALL MY MONEY ON BEATS BY JAY!!!!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
How much gas do you have left in the tank?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^ LMAO hey guys leave jay alone! hahaha

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff