• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Antoine Vaillant Joins MD ! + shoulder workout!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
SIGNING OF THE YEAR! GREAT MOVE BY MD!

I am pleased to announce that 24-year-old Antoine Vaillant has joined Team MD. ?It?s an honor to be part of the most bad-ass magazine in the business! I?m super excited and motivated to be a member of Team MD... Let?s ROCK!?

Antoine is from Canada and one of the best amateur bodybuilders in the world today. In 2011 he placed second in the Super Heavyweight division at the Arnold Classic Amateurs, behind German champion Matthias Botthof.

Antoine is very athletic. He played hockey as a kid and transitioned to mixed martial arts, and after that to bodybuilding. He?s been in bodybuilding for six years.
At 5?11? Antoine?s goal is to step onstage in August at 250 pounds in shredded condition and turn pro!

Antoine is one of the most charismatic bodybuilders in the industry today. He is also extremely popular, with 3 million views on YouTube and over 18,000 followers on Facebook!!!

Stay tuned for Antoine?s bi-weekly training and lifestyle videos, weekly blogs, Q&As and participation on the MD forums. Antoine wants to motivate fellow bodybuilders, help them with their goals and respond to their questions. Also, you will have the opportunity to see his progress!

12antoine_shoulders_rot-1.jpg

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He looks fantastic.................................................and wtf with those in and out's

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Impressive physique, though, and perhaps this is because I work in a PT facility, his shoulder mobility seemed extremely limited during that posing session.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
OMG, ultra-cheeseburger...

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Impressive physique, though, and perhaps this is because I work in a PT facility, his shoulder mobility seemed extremely limited during that posing session.

that's an issue for me... my shoulder mobility is very limited. How can I improve that line, what are the best exercises or stretches in your opinion?

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^^ Stop using both hands at the same time. I used to have the same problem.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
We have In-N-Outs here in Souther California... they are overrated if you ask me.

Nice, i got delts in a bit. This is interesting because Antoine provides many videos on his own, this may be the rare case that we see LESS of him now that he is under contract as opposed to other athletes who make more videos while under MD.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
that's an issue for me... my shoulder mobility is very limited. How can I improve that line, what are the best exercises or stretches in your opinion?
It depends exactly what the issue is. I know that, in the case of my recent bouts with shoulder impingement, my inferior capsule was incredibly tight, so it was a matter of having someone stabilize my scapula so I could stretch it more efficiently overhead (I.e. I lied on my back while someone held it down, which allowed me to reach up and back past my head as far as I could, moving through shoulder flexion). If done correctly, you'll feel it deep under the armpit. Pulling medially (across the body) in that position also helps. My internal rotation also sucked, and now, well, it sucks somewhat less. For that you would lie on your side with your arm angled at 90 degrees away from you, with a 90 degree bend at the elbow, as shown below. From there you use your free hand to rotate down. The problem with this particular image, however, is that the shoulders should be perpendicular to the surface you're on, and not angled as seen. Depending on what is limited your ROM, the pec minor might also be tight. And I feel I should mention that I do try to work in some SMR in that tender area near the bicep tendon and supraspinatus when the mood strikes me, which is pretty much when I'm feeling overly sore, tight.

Attachments

• SleeperStretch1.jpg
    SleeperStretch1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 231
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
It depends exactly what the issue is. I know that, in the case of my recent bouts with shoulder impingement, my inferior capsule was incredibly tight, so it was a matter of having someone stabilize my scapula so I could stretch it more efficiently overhead (I.e. I lied on my back while someone held it down, which allowed me to reach up and back past my head as far as I could, moving through shoulder flexion). If done correctly, you'll feel it deep under the armpit. Pulling medially (across the body) in that position also helps. My internal rotation also sucked, and now, well, it sucks somewhat less. For that you would lie on your side with your arm angled at 90 degrees away from you, with a 90 degree bend at the elbow, as shown below. From there you use your free hand to rotate down. The problem with this particular image, however, is that the shoulders should be perpendicular to the surface you're on, and not angled as seen. Depending on what is limited your ROM, the pec minor might also be tight. And I feel I should mention that I do try to work in some SMR in that tender area near the bicep tendon and supraspinatus when the mood strikes me, which is pretty much when I'm feeling overly sore, tight.

Thanks for the reply Line, I'll follow your advice especially concerning the inferior capsule, because by your description it seems just like what I feel and have trouble doing.

I have very bad shoulder mobility when I need to go behind my head in a straight arm position, let's say just like the over head squat position. I can't put my shoulders back.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
We have In-N-Outs here in Souther California... they are overrated if you ask me.

Nice, i got delts in a bit. This is interesting because Antoine provides many videos on his own, this may be the rare case that we see LESS of him now that he is under contract as opposed to other athletes who make more videos while under MD.

I think you missed the part of the text where it says he'll be doing a training vid or lifestyle vid every two weeks....

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^ Stop using both hands at the same time. I used to have the same problem.

two hands feels akward, I need the other hand free to touch my balls.