• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

New Olympia Qualification Point system announced!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
MENSOPEN-1.jpg

PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA, March 13, 2012 - The IFBB Pro League, in conjunction with Joe Weider?s Olympia Weekend, announced the creation of the IFBB Pro Olympia Qualification Series, a points-based system that will help determine qualifiers for all six IFBB Pro Olympia divisions.

The IFBB Pro Olympia Qualification Series will award points to competitors placing in the top 2 to 5 of all Pro League events. At the end of the Olympia qualifying season, the five (5) competitors with the highest points totals in the IFBB Pro Olympia Qualification Series will qualify to compete at Olympia Weekend.

Since the winner of each competition automatically qualifies, no points will be awarded for first place. Additionally, competitors placing in the top 5 at the Olympia automatically qualify for the following year.

The IFBB Pro Olympia Qualification Series will be effective immediately, and point totals for all 2012 contests will be included.

?We think this is a great way to expand the number of Olympia qualifiers beyond those who win contests and to build excitement for all IFBB Pro League events throughout the course of the year,? IFBB Pro League Chairman Jim Manion said. ?It ensures that the best of the best will be competing on the Olympia stage.?

Points and qualifications in the IFBB Pro Olympia Qualification Series will be awarded as follows:

TIER 1 ? ARNOLD CLASSIC
2nd ? 8 Points
3rd ? 7 Points
4th ? 6 Points
5th ? 5 Points

TIER 2 ? SHERU CLASSIC, ARNOLD CLASSIC EUROPE
2nd ? 6 Points
3rd ? 5 Points
4th ? 4 Points
5th ? 3 Points

TIER 3 ? NEW YORK PRO
2nd ? 5 Points
3rd ? 4 Points
4th ? 3 Points
5th ? 2 Points

TIER 4 ? ALL OTHER IFBB PRO LEAGUE COMPETITIONS
2nd ? 4 Points
3rd ? 3 Points
4th ? 2 Points
5th ? 1 Point

MR. OLYMPIA QUALIFICATION SERIES STANDINGS
(As of 3/14/2012)
1. Ben Pakulski ? 10 points
2. Toney Freeman ? 4 points
3t. Fouad Abiad ? 3 points
3t. Flex Lewis ? 3 points
5. Shawn Rhoden ? 2 points
6. Eduardo Correa ? 1 point

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I dont get it... is Evan qualified already? if he is why do they award points from 2nd to 5th in the Arnold... when top 3 already qualifes?

Cork

Cork

So Tony Freeman got his way. I'm surprised.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is kinda pointless. Isn't Pakulski already qualified also?

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
This is kinda pointless. Isn't Pakulski already qualified also?

no Pakulski is not. In the Flex only Beyeke got it. and in the Arnold only Branch, Wolf and Evan.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no Pakulski is not. In the Flex only Beyeke got it. and in the Arnold only Branch, Wolf and Evan.
Only one qualification at the FLEX Pro, that seems stingy to me. hmmmm.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Only one qualification at the FLEX Pro, that seems stingy to me. hmmmm.

that i'm sure of. This year only the winner directly qualifies in shows other than the ASC and the O.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
The IFBB is such a mess lol... i kinda like this though. It allows people who didnt win shows yet came very close mutiple times to qualify for the O aka Get their arses handed to them by Kai, Jay and Phil.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
The IFBB is such a mess lol... i kinda like this though. It allows people who didnt win shows yet came very close mutiple times to qualify for the O aka Get their arses handed to them by Kai, Jay and Phil.

and Branch.....

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Oh yeah, i forgot that candle hasnt melted completely :/

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff