• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

New MD Cover: Jay Cutler Bodybuilder of the decade

• Thread starter The King Of Lurkers
  • Start date
The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
mdmay2012cover600-1.jpg

Last edited:
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
And what fucking decade would that be?

Reactions: Savjav
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LMAO line, I agree. Coleman can take 90's and 00's lol. not really. But if anyone has the right to that it is Coleman, in my opinion.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
70's - Arnold
80's - Haney
90's - Yates
00's - Ronnie

That leaves Jay with...

9gfs50-1.jpg

M

monkster

Jay is no doubt a good bodybuilder and the one who dethroned King Ronnie......but that does not make him the bodybuilder of the decade........it should be Ronnie

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The same arguing is going on MD forums...

The main point is that:

"In all 23 contests he competed in from 2001 through 2011, Jay was either first or second. That level of longevity excellence has never been achieved by any bodybuilder. Through it all, Jay has been a magnificent ambassador for bodybuilding, and has done more for the sport than anyone else.His first Olympia victory came after four second places; no previous winner had that ?close but no Sandow? runner-up record before taking the title. He is the only man to lose the Olympia (2008)and return and win it (2009). He is the only competitor to win three consecutive Arnold Classics (2002-2004). Those are the stats bearing testimony to Cutler being recognized as the greatest bodybuilder of the past decade."

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

The main point is that:

"In all 23 contests he competed in from 2001 through 2011, Jay was either first or second. That level of longevity excellence has never been achieved by any bodybuilder. Through it all, Jay has been a magnificent ambassador for bodybuilding, and has done more for the sport than anyone else.His first Olympia victory came after four second places; no previous winner had that “close but no Sandow” runner-up record before taking the title. He is the only man to lose the Olympia (2008)and return and win it (2009). He is the only competitor to win three consecutive Arnold Classics (2002-2004). Those are the stats bearing testimony to Cutler being recognized as the greatest bodybuilder of the past decade."

That's a good point, if you consider 2002-2012 as a decade.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

The main point is that:

"In all 23 contests he competed in from 2001 through 2011, Jay was either first or second. That level of longevity excellence has never been achieved by any bodybuilder. Through it all, Jay has been a magnificent ambassador for bodybuilding, and has done more for the sport than anyone else.His first Olympia victory came after four second places; no previous winner had that “close but no Sandow” runner-up record before taking the title. He is the only man to lose the Olympia (2008)and return and win it (2009). He is the only competitor to win three consecutive Arnold Classics (2002-2004). Those are the stats bearing testimony to Cutler being recognized as the greatest bodybuilder of the past decade."
No, that's a bunch of BS. Good consistancy does not defeat pure dominance.

Here is MD's updated version of the mag due out in the middle of may.

24fie0y-1.jpg

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
No, that's a bunch of BS. Good consistancy does not defeat pure dominance.
Exactly. They're obviously justifying a poorly received marketing ploy.

Oh, and nice work brining the funnies. :2:

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fairly good arguments could be made both for and against MD calling their sponsored athlete best of the decade but dismissing 23 contest wins/runner-ups Vs Ronnie's 7 wins/runner-ups/4th-spot-finish "dominance" is not right!
And then theres that "showing the way" how to be presentble, how to carry yourself as a pro athlete, being an embassador of the sport and financially being very very successful, living off of a "dying sport"....

Last edited:
Mike33

Mike33

Jay is one of the greatest champions ever. No question about that:) I mean, look att what he has accomplisd, both on stage and off the stage. A great ambassador for the sport. And a true champion.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Ronnie is undoubtedly better on stage but in some ways that's a good title for jay considering his accomplishments on and off the stage (his professionalism, persistence, and marketability among other things) . I guess some could argue for him having that title. Especially a magazine he is with while he is still relevant and marketable. Ronnie Coleman as a pure bodybuilder is easily the greatest of the last decade although, IMO, jay is in a close second.

Last edited:
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ronnie is the best bodybuilder ever. No question about that.

Which bodybuilder achieved more in the 2002-2012 time span? Jay Cutler.

End of story.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ronnie is the best bodybuilder ever. No question about that.

Which bodybuilder achieved more in the 2002-2012 time span? Jay Cutler.

End of story.
Choosing 2002-2012 as the decade is being too selective and unfair. Should be 2000-2009 ONLY, which would be Ronnie Coleman, easily. And in case you can't count, 2002-2012 is eleven years, not a decade.

Don't forget that Jay Cutler SHOULD have lost in 2007 to Victor Martinez, and lost his title to Dexter Jackson in 2008.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Spaniards dont count

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Youre right about it being selective, its like a Ronnie fan saying we should count from 1998-2007.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For a "calendar year" decade (Jan 1st 2001 to Dec 31st, 2010)

• Ronnie won 5 O to Jay's 4
  • Ronnie won 1 ASC while Jay won 3 in a row... while he was placing 2nd at O for all those three years!
  • Ronnie got beat by 4 guys namely, Jay, Gunter and Dexter & Victor (because he was 4th)... Jay got beat by 3, Ronnie, Dexter & Phil!
  • If we could call O & ASC "the grand slams" of BBing then Ronnie won 6 to Jay's 7!
  • And then theres that light years of difference between the two when they speak & how they carry themselves!!! Jay has shown the way tp up & commers how to be presentable & marketable and how to carry themselves on (point in case Ronnie's stripper moves, US flag posing trunks and the Moses skit + ESPECIALLY how both athletes took their losses on stage)& off the stage ...!!!

Last edited: