• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What happened to MuscleMayhem.com

P

Pain

VIP
Seems to be gone from the internets.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
you know who else was one from the interwebz?

B

basskiller

people stop posting so he shut it down

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I guess forums really are a thing of the past!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Pain's alive, eh? No shit.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Forums everywhere are dying down. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this one :/ ... I wonder what it was? Do people not care as much about bodybuilding or if its a set back from social media.

In the days of old, a pro bodybuilder would send a picture to a friend and the friend may upload it to a forum for us to see. Naturally we want our opinions heard so we chime in and debate. It was also a time where the majority of people were relatively new to online communication and flaming was much more effective. Nowadays its easier to shrug off an insult because we've become so used to it when, in the past, we weren't used to people offending us with unadulterated insults. If person A had average social encounters for months but once person A becomes active in a forum and person B personally disrespects A, A may feel compelled to respond in his defense at such a personally insulting comment. Think back and the majority of dialogue in forums was flame bate and rebuttal. Most people were so affected by flaming that they would check forums to see the replies of their rebuttals and/or insults which resulted in massive activity levels. Take that out of the equation and we're left with the pictures of the pro's.

Many pro's stopped willingly posting pictures ever since Silvio Samuel was threatened by Weider/AMI. Along with the Ronnie VS Jay dialogue ending, we lost a lot of conversation starters. Nowadays we are seeing a resurgence of cell phone pics being uploaded but the damage has been done and the user base has significantly dropped.

I also believe facebook has a lot to do with it. The majority of online users wanted their opinions heard, many times through redundant comments. Now since facebook is connecting so many pro's together, its faster to see their updates and its easier for your opinion to be heard since you can just comment whatever pops to mind through your news feed.

In short, we lost a lot of reasons to go to; a website, log in, scroll through topics, hit the reply button (I cant even quick reply on this forum) and hope that there is something interesting. Its so much easier to "Like" and athlete and see all the topics related about them go by your news feed.

There's still reasons to go to a forum which is why i come on here but the majority of lazy non-hardcore fans, there's not much motivation. Anyways, i have gone on too long but this was just something i was thinking about as i noticed that every bodybuilding forum has lost extreme amount of activity. I remember logging in here and having to through a couple of pages of new posts so i dont miss one days worth of new dialogue and activity and now its more like scrolling down a quarter of the page and i have seen all the new posts and then sum.

P

Pain

VIP
For now anyway.