• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Some recent updates to MuscleMecca

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Hey all,

I just wanted to let you know what has been going on with MuscleMecca. I am going to keep this thread as a sticky and post updates here from now on. Keep in mind this is only a small portion of what I am working on for Mecca. I just do not have time to post everything.

# - As you all can see we have added a new title image. I thought it fair to include Ronnie Coleman because he has been a member. So now in addition to Phil Heath we have Ronnie in our header!! I do still need to blend the image a bit with the header but it looks ok for now.

# - I have added a couple temporary icons. The finished higher res icons will be done tomorrow hopefully.

# - Server - Just over a month ago we had to switch to a new server due to major issues with raid that would have caused way too much down time to have fixed. After switching we had serious dns issues that were causing our dns to overload which caused major slow downs and even caused Google to stop crawling. This caused our search status to go way down. This has all been corrected and we are steadily coming back quickly. In addition we now have an experienced server tech to help me as long as I can pay him. He is working on additional tweaks which should be incorporated with in the next few days. This should make page load time even faster!! This may allow me to replace some of the widgets and content I had to remove to get page load times down.

# - Low res improvements - Some people have had issues viewing the site using lower resolution monitor settings. I have made many changes to the main theme to allow the site to be better viewed under lower resolutions. I am sure we have lost traffic and members due to these issues in the past so hopefully these improvements will really make a huge difference to those with lower res screens, We also have another theme that members can choose if they prefer a simpler and lighter look. That theme is also very good for lower res settings.

----------------------------------------------------

Want to help MuscleMecca be a great community?

I am working on some major additions which require funding. If anyone would like to contribute to musclemecca to help pay for these improvements just shoot me a message and I will tell you where to send the money. Even a dollar would be appreciated guys.

## - A free way you can help us grow is to subscribe to our Youtube, Facebook and Twitter feeds. You can also submit videos to our YouTube channel.

Thanks everyone!! Keep an eye out for more updates! I am working really hard every day to make Mecca the best Body Building Community it can be for you guys!!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm a big fan of FAST load times, so IMHO you can get right of every widget you need to :)

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Haha Yes, it is a rather big site with a ton of images so it is important to have things tweaked. Ofcourse it also depends on the internet speed of the viewer.. good luck to anyone still using dial up. :p1205554:

Please report any bigs guys and let me know if the site seems faster today. To me it seems to load pretty much instantly. How it will work for most is if you visit often much of it will be stored in the cache so it will be quick. Once your browser cache also has some of the basics it will also help so initial load times after a browser cache clear may take a second longer. All in all the site seems blazing fast. If it is still slow for some I can optimize more of the images and maybe reduce the amount of info being displayed. Let me knows how it is.

Thanks!!

I have someone working on a small surprise for you to be added to our Youtube channel soon. I think you guys will get a good laugh from it. Keep an eye out and go subscribe on the Youtube channel so you know when it is there.