• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bicep workouts?

R

rosacrux

I have been bulking for three months. I feel stronger, but my biceps have not grown too much. What are some workouts that you can recommend me?

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
What is your current training split?

For biceps I'd personally do less volume and more reps. Also higher frequency. For example I would train them with back and another larger bodypart, 2 times per week, only 2 exercises, and 2-3 working sets of 15-20 reps. As for exercises you can choose basically the ones that you feel best. Like incline db curls, scott bb or db curls, alternate db curls, hammer curls and so on.

Check out this video as well. Pretty good tips. You'll enjoy it.

Reactions: TalkAdmin
R

rosacrux

Thanks for your reply. The video is great, I will try some of those exercises. This is my current split:
Monday: Back.
Tuesday: Shoulders.
Wednesday: Legs.
Thursday: Rest.
Friday: Chest.
Saturday: Biceps and triceps.

I have gained strength and size, but my biceps are lagging behind. I am thinking on moving to PHAT on January as, from what I have read, my current split is not very effective.

G

GlennMarsh

My favorite exercise is bicep workout,.
I love to gain the size of my biceps and i do work hard to gain it,.
Please tell me some exercise for biceps that give me some extra size and shape,.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Please tell me some exercise for biceps that give me some extra size and shape,.

Barbell curls and Hammer curls (with dumbbells). Basic stuff, simple and effective.

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do concentrated curls with my elbows over a chair and the others tkd mentioned.

G

GlennMarsh

Last edited by a moderator:
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Please do not spam.

T

teamuscle

I have been looking for some exercises so that I can be able to put some mass on my biceps. People have been telling me that they look bigger but somehow I just don't feel so. I want them to be extremely big and I want them to not be able to fit inside my shirt. Thanks for the tips and workouts that I have seen in this thread I will definitely try to add them to my bicep routine.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
T

TigerMystic

Personally, the following has always worked for me:

Preacher Bar (E-Z Curl Bar) Bicep Curl 4x12
Concentration Curls 3x12
Dumbell Bicep Curls 3x12

With the Preacher Bar Curls, I will start with a manageable weight, move up to heavy, then back down to manageable.

This is done as part of a split program. On the same day I'll do Triceps and core exercises.

Reactions: TalkAdmin
Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Personally, the following has always worked for me:

Preacher Bar (E-Z Curl Bar) Bicep Curl 4x12
Concentration Curls 3x12
Dumbell Bicep Curls 3x12

With the Preacher Bar Curls, I will start with a manageable weight, move up to heavy, then back down to manageable.

This is done as part of a split program. On the same day I'll do Triceps and core exercises.
That is hard core. I'm going to try it. I normally go up in weight and lower in reps as I burn out. I'm going to try it your way.

L

ljwright

From my personal experiences, two of the best exercises that absolutely fried my biceps were alternating static hammer curls, and hammer curls using a tricep extension rope connection to a cable machine. Both puts so much constant tension on the muscle.

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From my personal experiences, two of the best exercises that absolutely fried my biceps were alternating static hammer curls, and hammer curls using a tricep extension rope connection to a cable machine. Both puts so much constant tension on the muscle.
I really wish I had the cable but all free weights here. I do hammer curls and alternate with standard concentrated bicep curls using a curling bar.

L

ljwright

Where there's a will, there's a way my friend!! Try out this exercise, the first video on Hammer Curls.

L

ljwright

Honestly if you want any muscle to be ridiculous or catch up to the rest, you just have to kill it, more than once a week. Always try new exercises to confuse the muscle fibers and they will respond accordingly. We all grow diff muscles at diff rates, but just continue to work hard. It will get there!

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Honestly if you want any muscle to be ridiculous or catch up to the rest, you just have to kill it, more than once a week. Always try new exercises to confuse the muscle fibers and they will respond accordingly. We all grow diff muscles at diff rates, but just continue to work hard. It will get there!
True.

I try to do 5 days a week doing different muscle groups each day but sometimes I get burned out and take day off. I do cardio though at least 5 days a week and sometimes 6.

Hard work pays off!

L

ljwright

yes sir!! hard work is the secret!! its definitely okay to take a rest when needed to recoup of course. but as long as you keep busting it, you'll get through this milestone and many more! best of luck my friend.

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes sir!! hard work is the secret!! its definitely okay to take a rest when needed to recoup of course. but as long as you keep busting it, you'll get through this milestone and many more! best of luck my friend.
You too, thanks