• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Anyone familiar with palumboism?

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Has anyone here heard of this or experienced it? I heard palumboism is caused from certain chemicals like HGH but can it also occur naturally?

Palumboism is a rare, complex disease only seen in very few competitive bodybuilders.

The condition is further characterized by chronic metamorphosis of the facial and cranial features, culminating in thick folds of dermal tissue round the mouth and thickening of the Levator labii. Mandibular and mental protuberance hypertrophy and overall cranial hyperplasia, accompanied by a dramatic increase in the size of the frontal ridge follows. Premature aging is also common with Palumboism by the sudden development of an enormous midsection whereby the entire width of the trunk, ribcage and pelvis grows disproportionately whilst the oblique muscles will thicken rapidly and the abdomen will become distended with the patient unable to hold in their stomach.
A particularly spectacular symptom used to confirm diagnosis are disproportionally small limbs on the otherwise gigantic upper body. This is first observed in the upper limbs, where the arms seem to remain in a catabolic shrinking state compared to the torso who's internal structures are growing out of control in all directions. The reasons for this are not yet understood. The quadriceps muscles of the legs also seem to be ever shrinking.
In advanced Palumboism the outer dermis takes on a crackly brittle look, almost as if the patient has been glazed or varnished like a ceramic souvenir. The color of the skin will become uneven displaying varying hues and shades from grey to bright orange throughout the entire body, whilst the skin may appear weathered and abnormally aged.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I heard of it but have not seen it.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
The famous shot of Dave Palumbo displaying some pretty advanced "palumboism" lol

Palumboism

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont know what part of him looks worse, his face or his gut.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
The famous shot of Dave Palumbo displaying some pretty advanced "palumboism" lol

Palumboism

I think I remember seeing that same pick here on mm some time ago. I know it was named after Dave Palumbo but is it a real condition that happens and what really causes it?

# I saw it right here in the Stage 10 Palumboism thread. :)

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I believe its just the result of the abuse of hgh and some other drugs over the years...

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That does not look healthy. How did he compete looking like that?

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
I believe its just the result of the abuse of hgh and some other drugs over the years...

Yeah this + when the body is simply not responding anymore to anything. (diet, training, "supps" etc)