• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Four common misconceptions about steroids

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Cholsure

Four common misconceptions about steroids

Steroids and bodybuilding go hand in hand as far as most people are concerned, and unfortunately in this day and age, anybody and everybody can post whatever they like onto the internet, with no real facts or evidence to back up their claims. For this reason, a lot of lies get told, and a lot of metaphorical wires get crossed as people read something on a forum or webpage and take it as gospel, without any real hard facts or evidence to back up these claims. Steroids are a prime example of what we’re talking about as people are quick to label steroids as dangerous, despite not knowing any real true facts. For instance, they refer to steroids as if all steroids are the same, when in actual fact there are dozens upon dozens of different varieties, with each one serving its own unique purpose. In a bid to help better get a better understanding of what steroids are actually all about, here’s a look at four common misconceptions about steroids.

All steroids have severe side effects – This is simply not true as not all forms of anabolic steroids have severe side effects, and in fact, some varieties have little to no side effects in the slightest. As far as common side effects associated with steroids go, most people will be quick to talk about problems such as acne, or gynecomastia. These are side effects that are associated with overuse of certain steroids, in moderation and used as they are intended to be used, any side effects experienced will be minimal at best.

Steroids make you gain muscle whilst doing nothing – Another common misconception associated with anabolic steroids is when people seem to think that if a person simply takes steroids, they will suddenly bulk up like the incredible hulk, and build huge amounts of muscle mass without lifting a finger. This is complete nonsense. Steroids can and will enhance a person’s physique, providing of course that they train seriously and intelligently, and have their diet and nutrition down to a tee. Without a solid diet and training program, a person could indeed take steroids, but they would not grow as they would have hoped. Steroids are not a quick fix, and the hard work must still be put in if you wish to reap the benefits.

Steroids give you “roid rage” – Roid rage is another term that is often used when talking about steroid use. Truth be told there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that steroids cause mood swings and cause people to fly into fits of rage and anger in the slightest. There is however, evidence that suggests that steroid usage could help to enhance character traits that already exist in a person. For example, if a person is already naturally angry and quick to lose their temper, steroid usage could enhance these character traits slightly. If a clam and placid person was to use steroids however, they would remain calm and placid and would certainly not be transformed into a raging mass monster.

Steroids shrink your penis – Again, this is simply not true. Steroids do not alter the size of your penis in the slightest. They can however, cause the testicles to temporarily become smaller but despite what people say, there is no evidence that suggests this can lead to infertility. The penis will remain the size it always has been, both on and off cycle, but the testicles could lose some size so just bear that in mind. If you are thinking of using any form of steroid, always seek medical and expert advice first, and always, always use them responsibly.

Copyright © MuscleMecca.com 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
A

animal87

Lol! You dont know how many times, newbies have asked me if it will shrink their penis lol.

T

Tommy

Good post, I think people need to be properly informed on steroid use. There is a lot of hysteria in the media but people have to do their own research. Like i said though good post

111kg

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There are a lot of other misconceptions, especially as there are lots of UGL products on the market. In my experience, there are some steroids that have no side effects (Anavar and Primobolan for example), but it's really hard to find real products in my country. Most of the sellers have fake Balkan s**t and this is the main reason why I had to quit using steroids 4 years ago.

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Great thread I remember having a number of conversations with friends and wife that steroids don't build muscle by themselves they help repair the muscle u tore down during ur workout the amount of protein and carbs is most important the steroids repair the muscle by making ur body use the protein and cabs at a higher than the body would without the gear

E

emuzeskylow

We were so fed with the lies in so much that while growing up we were made to believe that it was steriod that killed Bruce Lee. Very funny, right? Well that's what we were told. Thank you so much for the info. It's really helpful.

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We were so fed with the lies in so much that while growing up we were made to believe that it was steriod that killed Bruce Lee. Very funny, right? Well that's what we were told. Thank you so much for the info. It's really helpful.
Sorry to go off topic but what did Bruce Lee die of?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
E

emuzeskylow

Didn't bother to find out but I just know that the story was just a make up lie to scare us off something like steroid.

Fitspired

Fitspired

The thing is, media has lead people to believe that steroids are bad. It's such an over-generalisation because we all know that steroid use isn't bad if done correctly. But no, steroids are the evil supplements, at least that's what they have lead people to believe for years and years and years. But the reality is, steroids are mostly testosterone, the male hormone. So why the heck would it be bad for body building? Basically, it just enhances the masculinity of the person taking it.

There are several kinds of steroids, but we can classify them as anabolic steroids. Specifically, they're called Anabolic Androgen Steroids, which means they can promote fat loss as well as increase muscle and size. I would say that Dianabol is the most popular steroid. But there are other options like Equipoise, Sustanon and Anavar.

As with any drug, you could experience side effects with steroids as well. There's the obvious ones which are gaining muscle size and increase in stamina. But the lesser desired side effects could be a strong appetite and a strong sexual appetite... Wait, is this a lesser desired side effect? Lol. It depends.:p

In any case, just research well before taking steroids and make sure that you don't go beyond the dosage recommended. If used properly, steroids can aid you in achieving the perfect body you're dreaming of.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Steroids are not worth the risk. Since steroids do not work on a target organ it makes them difficult to control. Moreover, prolonged use has an additive effect and can cause havoc with body's natural ability to produce most hormones that are steroid in nature and can lead to dangerous diseases.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tpicks

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great information about some misconception of steroids. What shocked me there is the fact you mentioned that steroids can shrink the testicles. Will this not in some way affect the person's sexual capabilities. I really think a lot of consultation with the doctor is needed before starting on any steroid.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great information about some misconception of steroids. What shocked me there is the fact you mentioned that steroids can shrink the testicles. Will this not in some way affect the person's sexual capabilities. I really think a lot of consultation with the doctor is needed before starting on any steroid.
It is a misconception meaning it is not true.

T

tpicks

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That it can shrink the testicles is not a misconception according to the article.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
That it can shrink the testicles is not a misconception according to the article.
It said that steroids can shrink the testicles temporarily and there is no evidence that it leads to infertility.

I'm sure only people that really over use steroids see that type of effect.

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I never met anyone that happened too.