• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Darren Brown gets new kidney today!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Champion bodybuilder Darren Brown is receiving a kidney transplant donated by his mother. His mother Katrina is 52 and we are so glad she was a match and able to do this for Darren!

Darren's kidney failed in November of last year(2013) and he has been on dialysis since. Darren Ball is from South Wigston and has 2 kids.

From all of Mecca we wish Darren a successful surgery and a fast recovery and cheers to his mom for saving his life.

Darren Brown

Darren has won the British Super Heavyweight Amateur Bodybuilding Champion title twice and he won Best in the World at the Arnold Classic two years ago, in 2012.

Darren Brown
Having this kidney failure has certainly changed my view and appreciation of life such as seeing my children grow up, spending time with them both and going on holiday and enjoying doing normal family things.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow, it's just scary what drugs do on your system...

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Wow, it's just scary what drugs do on your system...
I do not now much about his background but is that what was going on? I am sure he regrets doing it now.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dunno, I guess the usual kit of drugs bb inject themselves: gh, steroids, insulin, you name it.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I dunno, I guess the usual kit of drugs bb inject themselves: gh, steroids, insulin, you name it.

Crazy..
I will see if I can find more information on his background and everything but what you are saying makes sense.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Just an Update--

Darren Brown had a successful kidney replacement and is supposed to get out of the hospital tomorrow.

Darren Brown

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think I remember seeing him at Arnold.

J

jamescaxton

I guess the usual kit of drugs inject themselves,like insulin

R

rz3300

Banned
Well the first that popped into my head was how it would be to have my life as open as some of these people do. I mean do not get me wrong everyone has been supportive towards him and wishing him the best and all of that, but I still cannot imagine that many people knowing about the intricate parts of the health. I hope that everything went well and is going well for the guy, and I am sure this is something serious to have to go through. Interesting stuff, and thanks for sharing.

T

tpicks

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hope everything went fine with Darren Brown. With that said, I hope there are no links or side effects from steroid consumption.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hope everything went fine with Darren Brown. With that said, I hope there are no links or side effects from steroid consumption.
Good question. What ever happened?

Steroids can be used safely if used properly. Many medical conditions are even treated using steroids.

The problems come from using to much and to much other shit too.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I'll see if I can find updates in the morning guys.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It saddens me to read topics like this where a muscleman or an athlete gets sick. From what I know, kidney failure is mostly caused by diabetes and some cases are due to inherited genes. But in the case of a bodybuilder, I have read in a magazine that steroids can indirectly affect the internal organs of the human body particularly the liver and the kidneys. If that is the case for Darren, I hope he would come out in the open and his testimony will be a good precaution for the public.

T

tpicks

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Really it saddens many to learn that a muscle builder an assumed strong person to be down with ill health. Muscle trainers should always ensure they keep to routine health check. Like someone did mention diabetes can cause kidney problems I think regular health check can help to manage diabetes better.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Here we call muscle trainers bodybuilders. :)

I'm not saying Darren did this but some bodybuilders are so obsessed that they will do anything to win.. Including shorten thier lives by overdoing steroids and supplements..

Remember even over the counter bodybuilding supplements can be dangerous to your health of over used.

G

goniva

Here we call muscle trainers bodybuilders.

I'm not saying Darren did this but some bodybuilders are so obsessed that they will do anything to win.. Including shorten thier lives by overdoing steroids and supplements..

Remember even over the counter bodybuilding supplements can be dangerous to your health of over used.

Is it applied for all bodybuilding supplements, or just some of them which contains large proteins?

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Anything taken too much can be toxic to your liver and kidneys.. You just have to be cool and safe with the amount of things you ingest.

R

rz3300

Banned
Talk about a life changing thing to have to go through. These guys certainly know what strength is, but I imagine that this is a whole other level of strength for him. Wish him the best going forward.

johnjohn

johnjohn

One of the reasons I take liver support. I'm always worried about to much stress on the liver