• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Weed Killer kills bodybuilder

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Jamie Chivers, 44, a gym owner of Spring Gardens Road, High Wycombe sold weed killer to Sean Cleathero, a bodybuilder as a fat burner. less than 8 hours later Sean Cleathero temperature rose to 107 degrees /42 Celsius! He suffered a fatal heart attack at the hospital.

Jamie Chivers is now on trial for man slaughter for selling this deadly crap.
Chivers has plead guilty to making and supplying anabolic steroids to customers of his Apollo Fitness Gym at Basepoint Business Centre in High Wycombe.

Prosecutor John Price
DNP has a long history of misuse as what is called a fat-burner, a drug taken to assist in losing weight.

It is however regarded as unfit for human consumption. DNP still is used as a herbicide and an insecticide and has chemical explosive properties requiring it to be carefully handled.

The prosecution submit that the toxicity of DNP would have been known within the body-building community.

Jamie Chivers has been involved in the bodybuilding industry for a long time. If he did not know of the dangers of DNP then we submit as an individual involved in the commercial sale of that substance to members of the public he ought to have known it.

Bodybuilder Sean Cleathero
Sean Cleathero

Jamie Chivers
Jamie Chivers

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
##I have an update on this story!

Jamie Chivers, 44, of High Wycombe was cleared of manslaughter on Monday. He admitted that he supplied anabolic steroids which is a class c drug.

I am not so sure what is going on but I will post more updates on this soon. I believe he must have been charged with something else because he is due to be sentenced at a later date.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Prison or fine money?

I don't know. I will post though when he gets sentenced. There is not much info right now and it is very confusing. He was cleared of manslaughter but I do not know what the charge is now that he is being sentenced for. I believe it is selling drugs(Class C) steroids but I'm not sure. He could get off with probation a fine and a suspended sentence though if that is the case.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Re: Weed killer Update, Laura Hague Charged

Laura Hague, a power lifting champion has been jailed for destroying evidence after Sean Cleathero died from being given pesticide as a weight loss product.

Laura Hague(23) holds the British record in 2 weight classes was involved in selling steroids at Apollo Gym in High Wycombe.

The owner of the gym, Jamie Chivers was originally charged with manslaughter but was cleared and was given 5 years instead for also covering up the death. He was actually out on bail for another crime when this all happened!

Laura Hague - Sean Cleathero
Laura Hague   Sean Cleathero

Laura Hague
LauraHague

T

teamuscle

Man that's kind of scary when you think about it because here you are getting something from some one that you really trust and then they sell you something that takes your life that is really scary if you really think about it.

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

that is a bad way to die that sucks i cant wrap my mind around that

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your not kidding. Slow poisoning. Ouch.

H

Hozyboy

The pressure of having that perfect body these days is a lot. Wow someone is willing to take a pesticide just to lose weight.
That is just trying too hard don't you think?

E

emuzeskylow

My question still remains, why subject to supplements when you can just place yourself on an healthy diet while you work out. This is so sad to have thought that some stuff would have helped in achieving your desired objectives and it turned out that they ended up killing ya. Guys be on the look out for the kind of supplement you take. Do your background check on the product thoroughly, irrespective of the person selling it to ya before taking it. RIP to Sean.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

rz3300

Banned
He sold weedkiller and disguised it as a fat burner? This is disgusting to me if that is the actual case and what happened. I would never guess that someone would knowingly do that to anyone, but I guess I was wrong. I guess I cannot say that I am too surprised, just given the outrageous nature of the twenty-four news cycle that we now live in, but this is still sad and shocking to hear. I hope that the family is able to find peace.

WizardX

WizardX

Maybe he trusted his supplier that he could even take a weed killer. May he rest in peace but that raises questions on whom we should trust. Did he know that he was supplying a weed killer? Was he the only person who took the poison or others suffered silently.