• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Who's the best MMA fighter that ever lived?

Vickeree

Vickeree

Who's the best MMA fighter that ever lived?
Others may disagree with me but for me it's Fedor Emelianenko. I think Anderson Silva comes in second but he has poor take down defense and other fighters could out game him and win on points just by taking him down and controlling him on the ground, just like what Chael Sonnen almost did in their first fight... who's the top ten on your list?

T

Tommy

Randy couture had the most balls!!! Thats for damn sure

Vickeree

Vickeree

I agree!you need to have balls of steel to be able to fight competitively in the elite level at age 40+!!!

T

Tommy

I agree!you need to have balls of steel to be able to fight competitively in the elite level at age 40+!!!
For sure but that dude had the grit to do it. In any sport your going to find really impressive veterans but MMA is so grueling. Thats whad made it so impressive

F

Fozz

I'd have to go with GSP. Crazy amount of accolades and just an insane work ethic. Not to mention he was always entertaining to see fight. It's a shame he tore his ACL in '14 while preparing to come back.

Spartacus Anabolics

Spartacus Anabolics

Banned
I agree Randy C. Is one of the best. So is bj pen. And tito !

P

PLP Rob

Fedor's great for sure, but I think he's overrated and would be shown up if he signed with the UFC. We know that's not going to happen because he can make more money fighting in Japan, but if he Dana & Co. did sign him he wouldn't get further than #5 or 6 in the rankings. Werdum's already submitted him, Cain would beat him, as would Miocic, Dos Santos, and others. Hell, Arlovski might even avenge his loss the way he's looked lately. Anderson Silva's definitely a contender for the title of G.O.A.T., but I think it's Jon Jones at this point. He's still never lost (no, he didn't lose to Matt Hamill), and after he mops the floor with belt-sitter Daniel Cormier he'll have cleaned out the division. Maybe he fights Rumble and re-matches Gus, but at some point he's gonna head up to heavyweight and start owning the big boys!

nusster

nusster

While Anderson Silva and Fedor had very impressive streaks, both kinda came to a crushing end. My friend argues Anderson has always fought cans, but I think he just made them look that way. Plenty of good fighters in that middleweight division (which is now flourishing now that he left). Fedor on the other hand always fought the greatest fighters and the world and while I certainly respect that, I'm still going to say Jon Jones can be the greatest that ever lived. I hope he has some brains to think about his actions, work hard, get that title back and show the world what he can really do.

R

rz3300

Banned
Well I do not follow the MMA as closely as a lot of other people, and I am not really all that familiar with the history so some of the guys who were there in the early years I might not really know about. That said, from what I have come to understand, and subsequently see, is that Anderson Silva is the best. I am pretty sure that he has one of the better records of all time, and when it comes to reputation I know he is second to none, or at least very few. I am curious to see who else other people mention, though, so thank you for sharing.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Conor McGregor is the flamboyant UFC fighter from Ireland who was the first to win belts in 2 weight classes simultaneously. He became the featherweight champion when he defeated Jose Aldo by a knockout. After a special fight with Nate Diaz, McGregor had a return match with Diaz to even the score. And as of the latest, Mcgregor defeated Eddie Alvarez for the lightweight belt. That feat is proof that he can be called the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
T

tpicks

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think you are right Fedor Emelianenko, I find it hard to say who is the best really. There are so many wonderfully talented fighters out there.