• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

RIP Kamal Bhanadri!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Kamal Bhanadri died at age 81 in KOLKATA after having a massive heart attack on April 2, 2015 at 10:30am. He was a 7 time (Bharat Shree)national champion and a 2 time finalist for Mr. Universe!

Kamal Bhanadri

Kamal Bhanadri was sitting treasurer of the BOA and secretary of the West Bengal Gymnastics Association.

The Legacy of Kamal Bhandari: A Tribute to the Seven-time National Bodybuilding Champion

An Indelible Mark on the World of Bodybuilding

Kamal Bhandari's name has long been synonymous with excellence in bodybuilding. Over the span of his illustrious career, Bhandari not only conquered the national bodybuilding stage seven times but also showcased his prowess on international platforms, emerging as a finalist in the prestigious Mr. Universe competition twice. His achievements in bodybuilding carved a niche for him, earning him the revered title of "Bharat Shree."

The Man Behind the Muscle: Kamal Bhandari's Administrative Contributions

Beyond the physical realm, Kamal Bhandari's influence extended into the corridors of sports administration. Holding esteemed positions in various sporting bodies, he was not only an ambassador for bodybuilding but also for other sports. At the age of 81, Bhandari held the role of treasurer at the Bengal Olympic Association (BOA) and actively served as the secretary for the West Bengal Gymnastics Association. His unwavering commitment to nurturing and promoting sports made him an integral part of these associations.

Remembering a Titan: Kamal Bhandari's Personal Journey

Kamal Bhandari's journey in the world of sports and bodybuilding was not without personal sacrifices. His dedication to the craft was evident even in his later years. Tragically, Bhandari's wife predeceased him, and the couple was not blessed with children. In a poignant reminder of the transience of life, the bodybuilding legend succumbed to a heart attack on a Thursday morning. He was pronounced dead at a private nursing home at 10.30am, as confirmed by BOA secretary, Chandan Roychowdhury.

Conclusion: Celebrating an Unparalleled Legacy

Kamal Bhandari was more than just a bodybuilder; he was a force that shaped the landscape of the sport in India. His unparalleled achievements in the realm of bodybuilding combined with his immense contributions to sports administration have left an indelible mark. As we remember and celebrate his life, we are reminded of the sheer passion, dedication, and commitment that defined Kamal Bhandari, making him a true legend in the annals of Indian sports.

Last edited by a moderator:
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is to bad but most bodybuilders do not have so long a life. He was lucky.

N

Neil

I was blessed to have been his student & having worked closely with him.
He was a man of few words, & had tremendous personality, and a total disciplinarian. He commanded huge respect, and his aura was second to none.
Even after a massive motorbike accident, he carried on working out meticulously, even at advanced age (65+).
First time I saw him was at Sri Bishnu Charan Ghosh's Gym at Sukhiya Street, when I was a student of Mr. Shanti Dutta.
Sir, my prayers for your soul, and pranaam for giving us the opportunity to learn from you.
You are irreplacable.

Reactions: TalkAdmin and ArnoldS
ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So sorry for your loss. Seemed like a great man.