Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
  • The Facebook Platform
  1. Back To Top    #1

Should I get a personal training course before training other bodybuilders?

I'm a former professional bodybuilder who is now going into business for himself training and developing other bodybuilders.

I would like to canvass opinions on something:

As I have the knowledge of a professional bodybuilder, I am confident that I know how to train people properly and safely, so can I go ahead and start training clients straight away, or because I'm technically going to be a personal trainer, should I go on a personal training course first?

Will I be able to get fitness trainer limited liability insurance if I don't have a formal personal training certification?

Do you think my clients might want some kind of formal qualification before they hire me?

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Body building advertising
      Your Body building,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Muscle Building Community

Support Muscle Mecca and Visit Our Sponsors

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Should I get a personal training course before training other bodybuilders?

I would suggest you do. I dont know if you need to get a licence or not to do it but i definatly think you should do a course just to brush up.
    If your training somebody and they get hurt it will give you some wiggle room in case of a law suit

collapse Posting Permissions