• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Who can beat Rousey?

Vickeree

Vickeree

Correira just got the ass whoopin in the most embarrasing way possible ending with her face and big mouth flat on the canvass and being booed in her home country of brazil. Probably deserved it with all the trash talk about Rhonda and her family... i wonder if rousey will ever be beaten in her career?

P

PLP Rob

Given what she did to Gina Carrano, Cyborg is thought to be perhaps the only legit threat to Rousey's crown. This theory is fraught with problems, though. For starters, there's no evidence that Cyborg can make 135 (hence her ongoing requests for a catchweight fight, which isn't even worth considering from Ronda's perspective). Also, Cyborg was on PEDs when she TKO'd Carrano, and it was arguably an early stoppage. Carrano wasn't unconscious (like Correia when she fought Rousey), or beaten up (like Rousey did to Alexis Davis). In any event, even if Cyborg were to make 135, she'd be far more depleted than Rousey, and wouldn't have the kind of power she has at 145.

But, like, who else is there? Holm's gonna get smoked, especially if Ronda decides to take it to the ground rather than beat Holly at her own game (as she did to Bethe). At the end of the day, Miesha's given Rousey her stiffest challenge, and Tate will never be good enough to win a third fight, should the UFC grant it. Bottom Line: Rousey continues fighting for two or three more years and retires undefeated.

Vickeree

Vickeree

I think Rousey is gonna stand up against holms just to showcase her ever growing stand up skills pretty much like what jon jones did in his fights where henfights his opponents on where they are actually good at! He stood up with texiera, dirty boxed and wrestled cormier and boxed with gustafson!

P

PLP Rob

Well, damn. I agreed with you that Ronda would stand with Holly, but I DID NOT foresee that outcome. Holly really fought a perfect fight. She kept Ronda on the outside with footwork and that stiff left hand, and just picked her apart. Unreal. I think the most surprising thing (shocking, really) was how strong Holly's ground game was. Got taken down, didn't panic, defended against the arm bar. And then even took Ronda down once for good measure! I heard plenty of experts note that Holly's boxing titles didn't actually mean much... well, she definitely proved she's the best women's striker at 135. Incredible performance. I only wish I'd put a few bucks on her and Whitaker!

Vickeree

Vickeree

yeah I guess this thread has been answered! I think Rhonda was baiting Holmes into a brawl with her pre fight antics where she could use her clinch to her advantage if Holly does engage but she was so experienced and calm she played the counter game and let Rhonda come to her. After getting hit a few times, her clinch and take down where not as "undefendable" as it used to be... I'm really glad I didn't bet money on that fight I never would have guessed the outcome too!

R

rz3300

Banned
Well we all know that she is beatable, as we have seen. I think that anytime that you have a sport where it can end instantly, you are going to be hard pressed to find anyone go unbeaten throughout their career. I guess it does just make the case more for the fighters who have really impressive records when it is all said and done. That said, I think that we still have to wait and see how she stacks up towards the later years of her career.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We all know now that Rhonda was beaten by Holly Holm. And that humiliating defeat sent Rhonda to a long vacation to gather back her wits. A day before the end of this 2016, Rhonda will be given a chance to regain her lost championship belt. The present champion in the person of Amanda Nunez is no pushover. However, Rhonda is the favorite in the betting so my money goes to Rhonda Rousey.

P

pwarbi

I think if we are looking at skill alone, the Rousey should be the winner but like you say, she has had a pretty long lay off and I wouldn't be putting any money on any outcome to be honest until I've seen just what she looks like. I'm sure her fitness and training regime will be perfect as it was before, but after that loss I do think she will be motivated to win, but there will also be that feeling in the back of her mind that this is a make or break fight for her.

Lose against Nunez for back to back defeats, I'm not sure that even a fighter like Rousey could recover from that no matter ho long she takes off.