• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Help Kris Dim Walk Again

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Please donate to this body builder, Kris Dim. He needs our help.
6289712 14444099638539

Hello everyone, my name is Kris Dim. For over 20 years I spent my life in the world of bodybuilding, receiving the title of IFBB Pro in 2003. Along with the title came the ability to inspire others and act as a role model for the younger generation. My life was in the gym, until it was all taken away from me.

It has been 3 1/2 years since I went in for heart surgery (aorta replacement) and woke up with a T-11 spinal cord injury. During the surgery my spinal cord was sufficated, causing severe and irreversible damage. I was left without function from the waist down. Not only did I lose the ability to walk, I also lost my independence, career, and the future I had always wanted for myself.

I have since then come to accept that my life will never be the same. I am now independent, getting my career back, and doing aggressive Exercise Therapy 3 times per week. My life can only go up from here.

Which is where your help comes in. I had always refused assistance from friends and family due to a stubborn Ego. Coming this far on my own was a great accomplishment, but I know now that in order to reach the goals I have set for myself, I need help.

I was recently introduced to 2 devices that I believe will impact my life tremendously. One being the Tek-RMD, a robotic standing device that would allow me to be mobile while upright. Not only would this assist in my ability to be 100% independent and train my clients more efficiently, I would also be receiving the benefits of standing and load bearing for a greater portion of my day. Anything to get me standing and out of my chair while working will help me avoid pressure sores and a severe decrease in bone density. This device alone costs $20,000.

The second device is the ReWalk exoskeleton. The ReWalk 6.0 home unit would allow me to walk, unassisted. The physical benefits of this device include maintaining bone density, increased circulation through my lower body, along with the many benefits of a gait training program. The psychological and emotional benefits of being able to walk are immeasurable. This device costs $77,000.

The remainder of the $145,000 will go towards the training that will be needed to efficiently use the devices at home, along with the continuation of exercise therapy (at SCI-FIT Sacramento) that has helped me tremendously during my recovery. I know this will be a long process, but the sooner I will be able to start using these devices, the better!

Thank you so much for reading about my story and for helping me get back on my feet.

https://www.gofundme.com/krisdim

Last edited by a moderator:
underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From Kris Dim's FB:

This is the Machine that I need from my wheelchair to walking for now. Do I want to walk with nothing but my own legs well the answer is yes but let's just say it's like crawling before you walk. This ‪#‎rewalk‬ exoskeleton machine alone is close to $80,000. I never want to ask for help but it's been three and a half years since my accident happen of being in a wheelchair. My ego is put aside and now it's time to ask my family and friends for help. If you can go on gofundme.com/krisdim and help donate I would really appreciated. No amount is to little, even just 1-5 dollars. Thank you to all of you.

12075096 1499487820348714 9026107530250783025 n

Last edited by a moderator:
ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe get him to start an original thread here. People help him from here.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Yeah, not so good to copy and paste but I'll fix this later. Let's all try to help Kris though! Do what you can guys!

111kg

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This should be posted on r/bodybuilding on Reddit, too. Kris Dim appears to be such a nice guy. Even from a wheelchair, he still can motivate a lot of people. Hell, if he can do it and look like that, even with steroids (although I doubt), then everybody can (with the proper nutrition and discipline).

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
b1c5365e2981a32138c5d580995f8722-1.jpg

Today!

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kris seems like a great guy. I didn't even know about this post but I saw it on the MuscleMecca Facebook page.

If I have any extra money after my bills I will donate donate something at the end of the week.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good kris is getting donations! I saw you guys shared this to the MuscleMecca Facebook page and twitter. Good on you guys for helping out Kris!

I sincerely hope Kris covered through this ok.