• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Give me some biceps tips

kraftwerk

kraftwerk

Hi people
I've still been trying to get some meat on my biceps (and triceps). Some unease about my thin arms has haunted me for all my life
Will you answer please what approach is better for gaining mass.Taking standing barbell curl for instance. I can work with 32 kg (70 lbs) but it is almost the limit. I can hardly do it more than 3 reps at one set. Or should I take less iron and do 20-25 reps with 16 kg (35lbs) for example?
Sorry for my poor terminology. Anyway my problem is understandable. Thanks, guys!

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lay on your bench in high incline and use dumbells.

Set the weight so you can only do 8 to 10 reps max. Do 4 to 6 sets.

Lewriter

Lewriter

Try some partial reps in the negative tram of the repeticion (when you are getting the weight down).

I enjoy the restriction of movement with this rythm: one quarter, half, three quarters then full range. It feels pretty good!

Another thing to try if you can't move much weight is the super-slow motion technique. Yes, you're going to look somewhat "different" than the others when doing it, but with a relatively small weight and a few repetitions doing super-slow motion + continuous tension you are goig to feel the muscle working greatly.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
In the last 2-3 years all I did for biceps is high reps, 20 or even more, and I've included more cable work with great results. Give it a try.

T

The Syndicate

top 3 exercises I do for biceps

seated dumbbell curls 8-10 reps 4 sets
seated easy bar curls 8-10 reps 4 sets
standing cable 2 arm bicep curls I do this last, 12-15 reps, 4 sets

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

21's allways work

Fortachon

Fortachon

It mostly depends on whether you want to grow some mass and gain strength or you just want to get defined, you should try to lower the iron and do around 10-12 reps in order to pump those biceps properly, 4-5 series of 10 reps each would be okay with 50 Lbs, try it out and see the difference, by the way, you could also do some progressive additions of weight, you can go 50 - 55 - 60 - 50, it will feel quite good.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
When you do concentration curls, do not rest your elbow on your leg. Keep the tension on throughout the entire rep by balancing your arm a few inches away from your leg.

Fortachon

Fortachon

When you do concentration curls, do not rest your elbow on your leg. Keep the tension on throughout the entire rep by balancing your arm a few inches away from your leg.

That's a good exercise, but that mostly depends on the weight you may be lifting, if it's too heavy, then it's going to be quite complicated, other than that, it's great.

Z

zonemik

Lay on your bench in high incline and use dumbells.

Set the weight so you can only do 8 to 10 reps max. Do 4 to 6 sets.

Yes, that is a good thing to do. Sets me help you. Use heavy dumbells and you should be regular. Being consistent is one of the main things and that is all that you need in my opinion.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is a very good reason why the gym drill equipment called dumbells are in existence. They are the perfect tools for anyone who really needs to develop his biceps. I make use of it any day I go to the gym for my workout.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Like you, I also have thin arms that’s why I also dreamed of developing big muscles. I was hooked into push up since I was in high school. That gave me a good bulge for my triceps which is under the arms. When my biceps were getting small compared to the triceps, I bought a dumbbell upon the advice of an uncle. The combination of push ups for the triceps and the dumbbell for the biceps is ideal.

jolter604

jolter604

Tren lube gives girls ass mass
Sponsor
21'$ lots of 21'$