• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How much carryover do high bar squats have to low bar, and vice versa?

X

xenochristramu

I have been doing low bar squats for the past year or so, but the form just doesn't fit my body. Sitting back just isn't comfortable enough and I have recently started developing pain in my knee. So, I switched to high bar squats recently and they don't seem to bother my knees to the same degree and I feel more comfortable with the bar on my traps. Also, it is quite easy to make sure you are hitting depth when you go ATG every time with your calves touching your hammies. So it obviously makes sense for me to carry on with high bar master race.

But here's the catch:

I am interested in powerlifting, and low bar obviously allows lifters to carry more weight. What I plan on doing is lifting using high bar in the off season, and switching to low bar a few months before the competitions. Does this make sense? Would high bar squatting carry over to low bar? What about your experiences the other way, ie low bar carrying over to your high bar squats.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
I only do high bar squat, weightlifting ATG style, which in my opinion is the best squat ever. Never had a problem with my knees and such. Low bar looks akward.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I only do high bar squat, weightlifting ATG style, which in my opinion is the best squat ever. Never had a problem with my knees and such. Low bar looks akward.
What is atg style?

I hate squats of any kind.