• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Nspire Sports League Coverage

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I thought it would be a good idea to post all Nspire Sports League updates here! Nspire Sports League is also known as the NSL! You will find NSL Bodybuilders here, videos, NSL schedules and events and more!

NSL

NSpire

Here are NSL International events for 2016
Nsl events

Saturday, April 23, 2016
CHINA:: Nspire International Event Lineup – China

Saturday, May 14, 2016
CHINA:: Nspire International Event Lineup – China

Saturday, June 11, 2016
CHINA :: Nspire International Event Lineup – China

Saturday, July 09, 2016
CHINA :: Nspire International Event Lineup – China

Saturday, July 30, 2016
CHINA :: Nspire International Event Lineup – Beijing, China

Saturday, August 13, 2016
China :: Nspire International Event Lineup – Harbin China

Saturday, August 20, 2016
CHINA :: Nspire International Event Lineup – Hong Kong China

Saturday, September 17, 2016
CHINA :: Nspire International Event Lineup – Shanghai China

Saturday, September 17, 2016
CHINA :: Nspire International Event Lineup – Xuzhou China

Saturday, October 15, 2016
CHINA:: Nspire International Event Lineup – Zhengzhou China

Here are USA NSL Events for 2016

Saturday April 16, 2016
NSL Nspire South Florida PRO/AM Championships
Miami, FL
Miamishow

Saturday, April 23, 2016
NSL DENVER NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
PRO QUALIFIER
Denver, CO
Nsl denver

Saturday, May 7, 2016
NSL Nspire Fit Co Pro/Am Championships
Irving, TX
Nsl

Saturday, May 21, 2016
NSL Nspire Battle of the Border Pro/Am Championships
El Paso, TX
Nsl ontheborder

Saturday, June 4, 2016
NSL Nspire Georgia Pro/Am Physique Championships
Atlanta, GA
Nsl pro physique

Friday, June 24, 2016
Saturday, June 25, 2016
NSL AESTHETIC ASYLUM PHYSIQUE CHAMPIONSHIPS
PRO QUALIFIE
Ontario, CA
Nsl pro qualifier

You can get more info at nspiresl

Last edited by a moderator:
underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Benny Brantely is a new pro NSL bodybuilder.

19797 benny brantley 85 final

19797 benny brantley 97 final

19797 benny brantley 113 final

Some Benny Brantley competitions:
Junior Nationals - NPC, MiddleWeight, 11th

Nationals - NPC, Light-HeavyWeight, 3rd

Nationals - NPC, Light-HeavyWeight, 2nd
USA Championships - NPC, Light-HeavyWeight, 8th

Nationals - NPC, Light-HeavyWeight, 9th

Nationals - NPC, HeavyWeight, 9th
USA Championships - NPC, HeavyWeight, 6th

Nationals - NPC, HeavyWeight, 8th
North American Championships - IFBB, HeavyWeight, 4th
USA Championships - NPC, HeavyWeight, 5th

USA Championships - NPC, HeavyWeight, 10th

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
043bb957cb419565afa47234ecc556e5-1.jpg

Benny got legs?

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
He looks like a guy that can get decent exposure in the NSL that he would never have been able to get in the NPC or even the IFBB, for that matter.

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do not know much about this NSL you guys are talking about. Care to elaborate?

NSL is a new bodybuilding federation created by LEE THOMPSON few days before the Olympia 2015. There have been several attacks by lee thompson the npc. LEE seems that chooses to reveal in a book certain situations that took place when he was one of the leaders of the NPC judges and IFBB Pro

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pretty cool. They look to be getting bigger.

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is NSpire a new bodybuilding league or did NPC Change there name?

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is NSpire a new bodybuilding league or did NPC Change there name?
Nsl is a new body building federation. This federation was made by lee Thompson

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
From what it appears, the NSL is going to focus more on MPD and bikini (but still have all categories). This isn't a bad marketing ploy since there are many more competitors from those respective divisions in the overall pool.

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Toney Freeman left Pro IFBB division.

dd9b175c672e7611e8b681b73e2c8288-1.jpg

Toney Freeman left the Pro IFBB Division to become the new ambassador of the Nsl.

i will post more details ASAP!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Re: Toney freeman lefts pro ifbb division.

From others forums.

TONEY FREEMAN FINDS NSPIRATION
BY JOINING NSPIRE SPORTS LEAGUE
Bodybuilding Icon to Compete in NSL and Serve as Brand Ambassador
Thursday, April 7, 2016- Los Angeles, CA--Three months into their inaugural season, Nspire Sports League (NSL) is pleased to announce that iconic bodybuilder and former IFBB icon competitor, Toney “The X-Man” Freeman is joining the new organization. Announced today NSL commissioner, Lee Thompson, Freeman will compete in the NSL’s pro league and also serve as a brand ambassador for the league at live events and across social media platforms.
Freeman is the most high profile and decorated bodybuilder to join the NSL since the league was formed in December of 2015. “The X-Man” has more than 70 professional shows on his resume, highlighted by placing 5-times in the Mr. Olympia competition, and 3-times at the Arnold Classic. Freeman first started competing as an amateur in 1989 before turning pro in 2002. Known for his “X-Frame” and classic bodybuilding style, Freeman became one of the sports visible stars for what he has accomplished as a competitor, his one-to-one mentoring of other athletes, and his on-going commitment of teaching high level total health and fitness to fans who seek out his services.
Thompson said, “I have always respected Toney’s presence both on and off the stage. When we first created NSL, Toney was someone we wanted to compete under our banner because he embodies our goals and values. His exuberant personality transcends the fitness community and he is a proven problem solver whose unlimited resources will only further attract competitors and fans to the events and competitions that we are putting on.”
Freeman “I reached a crossroad in my life and decided that it was time for a change. After much thought, prayer, and discussions with my family, I have decided to control my brand in an environment that supports a shared economy with the athlete. With the NSL, I will have a platform where I will be able to advocate for my personal interests and focus on the passion that I have for the sport. Like Jackie Robinson, I’m being a trailblazer for the athletes, fans—the entire sport!"
With 2-3 North American events per month, the NSL is built on the principles that have been lacking in the bodybuilding world and competing organizations: Equality, Opportunity and Transparency. This foundation provides stability for athletes to compete in fair competitions that feature competitive divisions and class that align with their goals. The NSL’s format allows fans to get the best in class the fitness world has to offer against the backdrop of an organization that supports their competitors and the demands they put on their body.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Nice pick up by Thompson with Toney Freeman as a competitor and ambassador for the league. This guy is a wily veteran and held in high regard throughout the industry. Now we await the shitstorm of lies out of the IFBB apologists about the X-Man...

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author

Great move by both. Freeman was getting fucked since criticizing the IFBB judging (no shock, as that his par for the course) and Thompson has a vet who has been respected for decades. Hopefully Freeman can get more names to follow.

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Update.

I found this from Shawn Ray.

In case you were sleeping under a Rock, Veteran Pro Bodybuilder- 50 year old, Toney Freeman has chosen to change the direction of his Pro Career and future by effectively leaving the IFBB for what he believes will be "Greener Pastures."

I spoke with the XMan at length the other day as he trecked across the country from Atlanta to LA to meet with a guy from Shark Tank and his brother who owns the Talent Agency associated with the upstart fitness organization NSL that has promoted 2 amateur contests in hopes of one day developing its own Pro Division.
Toney expressed that founder, former, NPC State Chairman, Lee Thompson was responsible for the introduction and stated, he no longer had the desire to carry on competing in the IFBB and being ignored after placing 4th out of 8 in Levrone Classic then last a week later at Arnold Classic. He seemed frustrated and ignored by the Judges to the degree that he needed to make a "Change" and get a fresh start. What the former National Champion failed to disclose to the fans is the fact that he Tore his Hamstring prior to competing in these early shows this year and the fact he's 50 years old competing against younger guys and that his time on stage competing against these guys may have passed.

Every athlete will come to a point in their careers where tough decisions will need to be made as they transition off the stage. Toney, who's very bitter about his last few placings has decided he needed a fresh start, a career change and has chosen to Retire from Competition effective Immediately.
In an interesting twist, NSL has stated Toney will be Competing?
Not sure against whom but Toney was adamant his Health was his primary concern and that he no longer wanted to be the "Old Guy" onstage.
News Flash!!!!!

When you sign a Contract, Read the Fine Print!!!!!!

Toney is quoted fancying what he is doing is akin to what Baseball Great Jackie Robinson did for Major League Baseball:

It should be interesting to see how his 2nd career evolves with his new status in the NSL which has yet to be explained or disclosed but apparently someone is writing him a 6 Figure Check to do whatever it is they want him to do. What's puzzling is the fact that Toney couldn't explain exactly what that is or would be writing the Check??

Toney has interviewed many times with us and most recently two weeks ago, shared his expertise with the fans of the sport participating in my California Muscle & Fitness

What are your thoughts?

We wish him well from Team MD in his new endeavor.

Strength & Honor!

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Great move by both. Freeman was getting fucked since criticizing the IFBB judging (no shock, as that his par for the course) and Thompson has a vet who has been respected for decades. Hopefully Freeman can get more names to follow.
Joe you speaks about generation Iron interview of toney freeman?

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author

Joe you speaks about generation Iron interview of toney freeman?

Here's the link. Very interesting clip:

Every week, Iron Cinema will connect you with Generation Iron director Vlad Yudin. Giving you unprecedented inside access to the creative process behind his the Generation Iron Fitness Network. Get a first hand look at the entire journey of taking Vlad’s creative ideas to the big screen – from stories on set of films like Generation Iron and CT Fletcher all the way to exclusive behind-the-scene looks at our newest GI news and films. This week Vlad talks with legendary pro bodybuilder Toney Freeman about the lack of standards in IFBB judging and the details of his "mishap" during his trip to Sweden.

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I saw this video and i think that it is great interview! Thanks joe!

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Thanks, bro. All of the IFBB apologists are now saying that Freeman's a has been, washed up, etc. and that he deserved the low placings. Comical how this always happens when someone leaves their 'beloved' federation for the enemy.

underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
13edc45fb25a99ac3f11d168ef87ebb8-1.jpg
a36c974d2bd4eaf80be7612be5892954-1.jpg

Toney freeman and lee Thompson

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Part of the anti-trust lawsuit filed by the NSL noted the actions of the NPC/IFBB last December in Houston when they brought in numerous big name guests when they were going head-to-head against the NSL. Fast forward to this weekend in South Florida and the same thing is happening again, except that the NPC is one-upping themselves with a meet n' greet, Q&A and "fan selfie op."

12524227 10207434852003644 3660084087925401821 n