• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How many times a day?

Fortachon

Fortachon

Well, I personally think that we have to eat around five times a day, but this is kind of controversial because many people say you have to eat six times a day and other people say that it's okay if you only eat three times and the important thing is that you eat properly, how true are those opinions?

111kg

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It depends of your goals, but also about your schedule. I am on the keto diet right now, therefore eating 3 times a day somewhere around 1200-1400 calories in total is more than enough for me.

However, if you are trying to build muscles, 4-6 meals should do it. In fact, if you eat 6 times a day, you don't need any other protein based supplements (as most of them are worthless, anyway). However, to build muscles, you need consistency. It's not enough to eat 4-6 times a day just a couple of days a week.

Fortachon

Fortachon

Well, I was thinking about eating 6 times plus some supplementation, but now I see it is not going to be too necessary for my objectives, thank you for the advice though.

111kg

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can eat as many times as you want, but in the end, keep in mind that if you eat more than your body can handle, you will get fat, simply because everything we eat is energy. If the body can't use all that energy, it transforms it into fat tissue, which in time, can lead to obesity and a lot of health issues. Just track your body, because it will tell you when eating too much is actually...too much.

T

texashulk

Best is every 2-3 hours keep that metabolism going but most important thing is to hit your macros for your goal.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
3 meals here. As it's been said already, it's important to hit your macros for the day.

Fortachon

Fortachon

3 meals here. As it's been said already, it's important to hit your macros for the day.
I will consider the tip, thank you guys for the advice.

C

cardinals27

I have always heard eating six times a day is good and it has worked pretty well for me. I understand some people do not have the time but I do. Eating 6 meals a day keeps the metabolism up, which is a good thing but don't eat too much because even if you do eat six times a day you can still get fat.

C

Clair02

I agree that this would very much depend on what your goals are. Anything from 3 to 6 times a day will work for different goals.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
T

texashulk

What is a macro?

Macro is macronutrients
Macro is a calorie- being from a carb, protein or fat.
Example if you weigh 200lbs and want to gain weight your daily macros would be "roughly" 300g protein 420g carb 104g fat

So regardless if u eat 3 meals or the recommended every 2-3 hours(average 6-7meals) you want them all to equal up to your daily macro needs.

R

rz3300

Banned
Six meals a day would be pretty tough to do consistently, for me at least. I guess if you could have someone else worry about the food itself and do all the cooking and cleaning, then maybe that would make it easier. The first thing that came to my mind was the hassle that comes with preparing meals, but maybe everyone else is eating out or have other options. For this I try to eat a smaller amount of big meals, but I do tend to snack throughout the day to get those calories if I have a big workout.

R

rajuii

If depends on the person. A bodybuilder always follows a scheduled eating plan because the food intake needs to be consistent to build muscles. A non-body builder would need to eat lesser and he does not need to be consistent.

- - - Updated - - -

Best is every 2-3 hours keep that metabolism going but most important thing is to hit your macros for your goal.
If you want to have a great metabolism so that you don't gain weight, you should eat small meals many times a day. That is the best way to keep your metabolism normal. Don't accept the habit of eating only when you are hungry.

R

rajuii

I agree that this would very much depend on what your goals are. Anything from 3 to 6 times a day will work for different goals.
Yeah, for a body builder who needs increased metabolism all the time, he can eat 5-6 times a day. That is the best thing that any bodybuilder can do.