Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: MaKaVeLi's Log

1. Back To Top    #163
    thanks for all of your comments guys

Chesticles - yeah it's goin down, although I weighed myself in at 83.5kg which isn't too surprising because weight does tend to fluctuate in short term

Max-ot - believe me...it took a lot outa me!

rocky - it's workin well but I might have to increase my carbs a little because I'm just feelin too carb depleted... I have some pix on pg 7 of this log, although they are of me at my worst condition (in terms of size and bf%) ever

Glex - lol I've always been good at that exercise, I swear I go deep and use perfect form too. my PB is 112lbs x 5 so if you manage that then you'll be pushing me! thanks again

•   Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Body building advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Body building,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Muscle Building Community

Support Muscle Mecca and Visit Our Sponsors

2. Back To Top    #164
    WHEW! Hardcore mak! Carb depleated none the less!

great job bro!
    Keep it up!

Godbless
    Beno

3. Back To Top    #165
    didn't have such a good workout... I was feeling too tired and too weak

Friday

Back (For Thickness)

Lying T-Bar Row: 66lbs x 12, 90lbs x 10, 112lbs x 7 - for 3 sets, 135lbs x 6, 135lbs x 5

Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral DY Row: 138lbs x 12, 158lbs x 10 - for 3 sets, 158lbs x 8, drop 93lbs x 10

One-Arm DB Row: 72lbs x 12, 78lbs x 10, 78lbs x 8 - for 2 sets

Biceps

Cable Curl: 56lbs x 12, 78lbs x 10 - for 2 sets, 78lbs x 8 - for 2 sets: by now my biceps had had it

Incline DB Curl: 22lbs x 9, 17lbs x 8 - for 3 sets

DB Concentration Curl: 17lbs x 8 - for 4 sets: 60sec rest between sets

DB Compound Curl: till failure with 22lbs

Cardio

Elliptical Trainer: low intensity for 20 mins

Time: 95 mins
    Result: Felt very drained during the workout and I wasn't able to push as hard as usual, I'll definatey have to increase my carbs

4. Back To Top    #166
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

that was a good session though that backs gonna be thick mate

MaKaVeLi's Log

5. Back To Top    #167
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by MaKaVeLi
    Glex - lol I've always been good at that exercise, I swear I go deep and use perfect form too. my PB is 112lbs x 5 so if you manage that then you'll be pushing me! thanks again
    That's awesome bud; I would try but I doubt my form would be there! Do you keep your elbows close together or do you let them come out to the sides a bit?

Your numbers do look like you were a bit drained. However, even though you're upset about the DB rows, that's a lot of weight to be throwing around on that movement. You also got in the 20 minutes of cardio even though you felt like crap, I admire that discipline!

-glex

6. Back To Top    #168
    Don't feel down man. Not surprised you weren't feeling it if your so carb depleted - it'll drain you right out.
    Jsaw the pics - looking big man and can definately see you've got some good muscle size going on. Looking forward to seeing the post-cut pics.

7. Back To Top    #169
    Quote Originally Posted by FOOTBALL FAN
    that was a good session though that backs gonna be thick mate
    although I didn't feel too good during the session, right now my rhomboids n lats r really feelin it!

Quote Originally Posted by Glex
    That's awesome bud; I would try but I doubt my form would be there! Do you keep your elbows close together or do you let them come out to the sides a bit?

Your numbers do look like you were a bit drained. However, even though you're upset about the DB rows, that's a lot of weight to be throwing around on that movement. You also got in the 20 minutes of cardio even though you felt like crap, I admire that discipline!
    i'm sure you could get up to that man you're strooong. yeah the one thing I maintain is good form - which means slowly taking the DB down and keeping the elbows tucked in so that the arms are straight and don't flare out. I also go pretty deep so that the top of the db is below the level of the top of my head...although when i did that 112 for 5 I only took the db low enough that the top was parallel... my tris maybe good but my bis suck

thanks a lot man, i was sweatin hard when i was done with the dbs and i guess i gotta keep workin hard to get to where i wanna be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Don't feel down man. Not surprised you weren't feeling it if your so carb depleted - it'll drain you right out.
    Jsaw the pics - looking big man and can definately see you've got some good muscle size going on. Looking forward to seeing the post-cut pics.
    yeah the carbs were really low yesterday (less than 100g) so that explains it. i can't wait till my cutting is over and then i can post some new pix...although that will have to be some time around March

8. Back To Top    #170
    i'm getting some decent amount of carbs into me today (at least 180-200g) and i reduced the intensity of the cardio today.

Saturday

Cardio

Treadmill: medium intensity for 30 mins (350 calories)

Elliptical Trainer: low-medium intensity for 40 mins (485 calories)

Time: 70 mins
    Total Calories: 835
    Weight: 82.5kg (185.6lbs)
    Result: it was good to have a lower intensity cardio session today, in light of how depleted i've felt recently and also in relation to burning as little muscle as possible.

9. Back To Top    #171
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

That's good that you keep the elbows tucked in; I'll give the 100s a shot and see how that feels, but even though I've always liked DB extensions they're a weaker exercise for me. Mad props to ya

Nice cardio session, I bet that and the carbs will make you feel more energized tomorrow

10. Back To Top    #172
    ^ i have a friend who's tris r just as strong as mine but he just can't lift nearly as much as I can on DB extensions, yet I'll fall 5lbs short of his cable pushdowns... go figure? thanks, i'll need that energy when i hit the driving range tomorrow!

11. Back To Top    #173
    got around 150 - 200g of carbs into me yesterday so I was feelin a lot better when I hit the gym today. As I wanted to do my bis twice a week I substituted it in for the cardio - I'll be doing a 30 min run tonight to make up for it.

Monday

Chest

Incline DB Press: 33lbs x 12 - for 2 sets, 66lbs x 10 - for 2 sets, 73lbs x 7 + 1 assisted, 66lbs x 6 + 2 assisted: really happy with the weight considering how deep i was takin the DBs

Bench Press: 112lbs x 10 - for 3 sets, 110lbs x 12 + 3 forced, drop 90lbs x 8: my tris kept burnin out

Incline DB Flye: 28lbs x 10, 33lbs x 8, 40lbs x 7 - for 2 sets

Back (For Width)

Pull-ups: BW less 90lbs x 10, BW less 66lbs x 6 - for 4 sets, BW less 44lbs x 4

Lat Pull-down: 110lbs x 10, 118lbs x 8, 135lbs x 8 - for 2 sets

Biceps

Alternating DB Compound Curl: 33lbs x 10, 33lbs x 8 - for 2 sets, 40lbs x 7

Cable Curl: 56lbs x 12, 66lbs x 10 - for 2 sets, 78lbs x 10

Time: 85 mins
    Result: happy with how the session went and I really felt each body part get worked well

12. Back To Top    #174
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

good weight right there on those inclines Makky poo, then hitting bench press hard followed with those flyes is a killer

good lat pulldowns andpullups too, gonna get WIDE baby!

smashed them biceps nicely as well, your biceps are definetely one of your strong points, damn people and their strong biceps in here good work dude

The biggest difference between you and me is you're you, and I'm me. I always win. Sorry bro.

13. Back To Top    #175
    ^
    gotta get dem wings! nah man my biceps really suck ass since my left bicep injury ... it's just that on DB compound curls n cable curls you can go heavy, otherwise if i were doing BB curls I probably wouldnt even be able to do 78lbs for more than 6 reps

14. Back To Top    #176
    i just got back from a 3.6km run (which i did non-stop) and my quads are fried! so much so that i might just stick to the hamstrings n calves, might throw in some forearms to the mix too.

15. Back To Top    #177
    my quads weren't sore at all compared to last night straight after the run but there's always the chance of DOMs kickin in later so to reduce the chances of overtraining the quads I stuck to doing the hammys and calves...threw in some side laterals for the hell of it too

Tuesday

Hamstrings

Hyper-extensions: 2 warmup sets of 12 reps (BW)

SLDL: 90lbs x 12, 135lbs x 10, 155lbs x 10, 180lbs x 10, 202lbs x 10 - for 2 sets, 225lbs x 6: was taking the weights within an inch off the floor and I felt a really good stretch, felt I could have gone another 20-40lbs heavier but i didn't bring my straps

Seated Hamstring Curl: 120lbs x 8 - for 2 sets, 130lbs x 8, 140lbs x 8, 150lbs x 8

Calves

One-legged Calf Raise (on lying leg press): 180lbs x 12, 240lbs x 12: felt really uncomfortable doing it one-legged on this machine so switched to both legs next

Calf Raise (on lying leg press): 400lbs x 25 - for 3 sets

Seated Calf Raise: 90lbs x 15 - for 2 sets, 112lbs x 12, 135lbs x 12

Random Shoulders

DB Side Lateral: 22lbs x 12, 28lbs x 10, 33lbs x 10 (PB), 33lbs x 8 - for 2 sets

Time: 50 mins
    Result: felt good doing SLDLs again and my lowerback didn't get tight much at all, might even do the real deads pretty soon. I don't know where I'm getting this strength from when I've reduced my carbs to within 120g but i aint complaining! Will do 30 mins elliptical trainer tonight to make up for the cardio that I couldn't be bothered doing at the gym

16. Back To Top    #178
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

dang man, major props to you for being able to run that distance non stop

Good SLDL, good weight right there too, shame about the straps

Your hammies sure are getting stronger it seems, seated leg curl is looking solid as well, I bet next time you could star heavier though since you got 150x8 and that was your last set

Your never one to neglect calves, and you didnt in this session either. At this rate your going to have huge diamonds back there!

lol @ Random Shoulders, getting some shoulder work, yea buddy!

superb session Makky!

17. Back To Top    #179
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

holy shit, your calves and shoulders are strong bro. 400 for 25 on calfs...just scarey. 33 lbs dbs for laterals...and for medium reps. thats awesome. your lying ham curls were awesome too...fuck i'd love to do 150X8. 120 for 6-7 is my breaking point.

18. Back To Top    #180
    thanks tweak, cju - really motivates me to hit them weights hard

last night i was supposed to have a cardio session but I was just too knackered from work so I skipped it...i plan to make up for it by doing that 3.2k run again on Friday

Thursday

Shoulders

Seated DB Press: 33lbs x 12 - for 2 sets, 61lbs x 7, 61lbs x 6 + 1 assisted, 61lbs x 5 + 1 assisted: just did 3 working sets coz my shoulder wasn't feelin too good

DB Side Lateral: 28lbs x 12, 33lbs x 10, 33lbs x 8 - for 2 sets, drop 18lbs x 10

Reverse Pec-Deck: 100lbs x 12, 125lbs x 12, 135lbs x 10, 145lbs x 9

BB Front Raise: 33lbs x 12, 44lbs x 12, 56lbs x 10 - for 2 sets

Triceps

Skull-crusher: 66lbs x 12, 78lbs x 10, 90lbs x 10, 101lbs x 10, 101lbs x 9 + 1 assisted, 101lbs x 6 + 1 assisted

Cable Pushdown: 168lbs x 10 - for 2 sets, 168lbs x 8, 168lbs x 6, 146lbs x 8

V-bar Cable Pushdown: drop sets til failure

Time: 75 mins
    Result: wasn't the most intense workout, next shoulder tri session I'll leave space for cardio

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Body building advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Body Building Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast