Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    If it happened they could give him one fight LW against Chuck since he fights at about 213lbs. (I know I'm dreaming, it wouldn't happen).. I just see that as a better fight than most of the UFC heavyweights vs Mirko .

Thanx for the update!

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I watched inside the UFC last night and it had Franklin on, he said that he should be cleared to spare next week and then will start back training for his next fight. One interesting thing he said was that he has not watched the fight with Silva yet and doesn't plan to until he is ready to start training. I think that this is a great move by Rich. Why both letting it get you down while you are healing and relaxing, take your time off and enjoy it then when its time to train deal with it then with a clear vision of what went wrong.

I am untamed, I need a leash
    I am insane, I need a shrink
    I love brain, I need a leech

Rich is a champ, i know he'll be back better than ever...he looks like Jim Carrey so he can't fail.

Mecca V.I.P.
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^ CC - You probably can't wait for the next UFC PPV so you can rid yourself of that location!

bastard

Mirko Cro Cop will make up his mind today about if he's going to the UFC or not...whether he announces it today or not is a totally different story apparently

Good things like that are worth waiting for though. We'll have to see how PRIDE's secure future affects his decision.

Stand or fall, but choose.

From official Mirko's site : "Mirko off the NYE card!

It was confirmed today that Mirko won't be fighting at PRIDE's NYE event.
    "I still can't kick like I want to. It's the best that we give more time to this injury to heal. I want to be in perfect shape for my next fights."

But there's one far more important question lately - in which promotion will Mirko fight in the future? The big decision was made and the official statement will follow soon.

Quote Originally Posted by www.crocop.tk
    December 02nd, 2006
    Is Mirko going to UFC? Apparently UFC is offering Mirko million $ for just signing a contract, 1.2 million for first two fights and another 2 millions for 2 more fights. It sounds unbelievably, especially because UFC HW champion Tim Sylvia earned around 120.000$ for his last fight.
    Mirko said: Whoever saw this contract offer was probably mistaken by one zero in the numbers. That are big numbers, even boxers dont get that amount of money today. UFC is interested in me but i didnt sign or oblige for anything yet.
    Hold on to your nuts guys, Cro Cop may just come to the UFC (knock on wood)

UFC BOUGHT WFA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sherdog.com
    It was billed as the “ultimate” competitor. Yet in the end, the revamped World Fighting Alliance will be remembered as little more than a splattered bug on the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s broad windshield.

On Monday, as first reported by the Wrestling Observer, it was revealed the WFA had unloaded fighter contracts to the organization it intended to compete with head to head, thus completing a thin chapter on what mixed martial arts promoters should not do: overpay fighters, inflate revenue and pay-per-view estimates, and under-staff the front office.

During the short time WFA reappeared on the MMA landscape, the promotion repeatedly reminded anyone who would listen that it was home to Quinton Jackson (Pictures) and Lyoto Machida — fighters with little in common besides owning wins over UFC stars.

Less than 10 months after the WFA announced its return, Jackson and Machida now have a much larger and more secure roof over their heads. And instead of hearing about their accomplishments versus Chuck Liddell (Pictures) and Rich Franklin (Pictures), we may now actually get to see how they stack up at this moment against the current and former UFC champs.

Having recently added World Extreme Cagefighting to its promotional umbrella, Zuffa — apparently out of necessity as well as a desire to quash the WFA for good — jumped at the opportunity to expand its bursting fighter roster by about 30, adding some of the biggest names in the sport in the process.

How did it happen?

Spurred on by last Wednesday’s revelation that WFA CEO Jeremy Lappen was suing the company’s owners Ross Goodman and Louis Pallazo for breach of contract, the demise of the WFA was kick-started from idle to sixth gear.

Friday, two days after the WFA delivered letters to fighters in its stable informing them they remained bound to the company through “MMA Participation Agreements,” Lappen and the WFA settled for an undisclosed sum — a clear sign that something was in the works.

Before the weekend was over, Zuffa had capitalized and the WFA was officially dead.

Now what? Will every fighter whose contract was purchased by the UFC have a spot in the rapidly expanding fight organization? And what role could the WEC play in all this?

Several sources informed Sherdog.com that the UFC plans on deciding in the next day or two exactly which fighters it will keep, and moreover, what the Las Vegas-based organization will do with the ones they holdover.

An option being considered, one source said, could see the UFC split its new acquisitions between the UFC and WEC, which will likely be showcased on HBO presuming the long-anticipated deal gets done.

With the UFC committed to Spike TV, Zuffa is apparently planning on promoting WEC as a separate brand, and as such, it wouldn’t be entirely unexpected if several of the highly-regarded additions — Jackson, Machida, Jason Miller, Urijah Faber (Pictures), Heath Herring (Pictures), among others — end up fighting under the WEC banner.

The belief is White moved to purchase WFA properties to gain the rights to Jackson so he could promote a rematch with Chuck Liddell (Pictures), not to mention prevent the selling of WFA contracts to Showtime and Pro Elite, which are set to hold a press conference Thursday in Los Angeles to announce plans for 2007.

Jackson’s contract, a one-year, three-fight deal that expires in March of ’07 (though there is an option for a second year), does guarantee the former PRIDE star a percentage of pay-per-view proceeds. In the case of Jackson’s lone WFA bout — a decision victory over Matt Lindland (Pictures) — his chunk of the pie was significantly smaller than expected, as one source with close ties to the now dead WFA front office told Sherdog.com the “King of the Streets” card pulled in fewer than 50,000 buys.

In the case of UFC stars such as Liddell, Tito Ortiz (Pictures) and Randy Couture (Pictures), pay-per-view-induced revenue has been extremely kind to their bank accounts. As such, there is speculation that the UFC could circumnavigate paying Jackson hundreds of thousands if not millions of additional dollars by placing “Rampage” on HBO-televised cards.

What that might do to a second Jackson-Liddell showdown is unknown, but it’s highly unlikely the fan-favorite light heavyweight would fight in Zuffa’s house without facing the “Iceman” in his first few tangles.

Other matches of intrigue were born out of Monday’s news as well, yet one man who will remain absent from the UFC, at least as a result of this deal, is Lindland.

The middleweight star informed Sherdog.com via e-mail Monday evening that he was not bound to the WFA in any capacity, and was therefore not among the group of fighters acquired by the UFC.

Much remains to surface in the wake of Zuffa’s quick purchase of the WFA. However, White and company must feel good about themselves knowing another big-talking challenger crashed and burned, and a year’s worth of quality fights have fallen into their laps.

Official WFA purchase announcement from UFC:

Quote Quote
    Las Vegas, NV – A subsidiary of Zuffa, LLC, which owns the Ultimate Fighting Championship® brand, announced today that it acquired select assets from the World Fighting Alliance (WFA) organization. WFA Enterprises, LLC, a subsidiary of Zuffa, purchased select fighter contracts and the trademarks and other intellectual property of World Fighting Alliance, Inc., a corporation owned by Las Vegas attorneys, Ross Goodman and Louis Palazzo. The acquisition further solidifies Zuffa as the preeminent fight promoter in the world and infuses the organization with more of the world’s top MMA fighters.

Dana White, UFC President and Zuffa co-owner said, “Zuffa is committed to giving our fans the best fights between the best fighters in the world. This acquisition helps us continue fulfilling that goal.” White also said, “Goodman and Palazzo were working towards building a strong promotion. But bringing the WFA fighters into the Zuffa family is the best thing that could happen for the fighters – and for the fans.”

The WFA organization held four events, the most recent in July at the L.A. Forum with a solid fight card that was shown on pay-per-view television. “This is an exciting time for MMA as evidenced by the 60 Minutes story last night and we are glad that the WFA has played a leading role,” said Ross Goodman, President of the WFA. “This business opportunity presented itself and it made sense for everybody to make this transition.”

Under the terms of the purchase, World Fighting Alliance, Inc. will cease all operations.

About The Ultimate Fighting Championship
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship® brand is the world’s leading professional mixed martial arts organization and offers the premier series of MMA sports events. Owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, and headquartered in Las Vegas, Nev., the UFC® organization produces approximately eight live pay-per-view events annually that are distributed through cable and satellite providers. In addition to its U.S. distribution, UFC fight programs are distributed throughout the world including broadcast on WOWOW, Inc. in Japan, Globosat in Brazil and Bravo in the United Kingdom. For more information, or current UFC fight news, visit www.ufc.com.

Ultimate Fighting Championship®, Ultimate Fighting®, UFC®, The Ultimate Fighter®, UFC® Fight Club™, Submission®, As Real As It Gets®, Zuffa™, The Octagon™ and the eight-sided competition mat and cage design are registered trademarks, trademarks, trade dress or service marks owned exclusively by Zuffa, LLC in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks referenced herein may be the property of Zuffa, LLC or other respective owners
    This means the UFC now has guys like:

Ricco Rodrigues
    Matt Lindland
    Ryoto Mahchida
    Heath Herring
    RAMPAGE JACKSON!!!!!

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

this deal has the potential to really bring some great fights i really hope that it all comes together right

With all these new good fighters under 1 banner now we need more shows to see them all... if not this will be a big downside..

Real eyes realize real lies

UFC said their doing like 20+ shows in 2007, with all these new fighters alot of those shows could be damn good

Expanding their base like this is exactly what Zuffa needs to do. Props to Dana; I for one am really looking forward to seing Lidland, Jackson, and Herring do some damage. We'll see how 'El Gigante' Ricco and Ryoto do as well

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCharisma
    UFC said their doing like 20+ shows in 2007, with all these new fighters alot of those shows could be damn good

Thats awesome if it happens!

Can anyone confirm this??? I heard Fedor broke his toe so his fight with Hunt is apparently postponed.. I cant find a reliable source at the moment

Keep eyes on Sherdog; if it's legit, they'll report it quickly.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions