• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Diet improvement ideas

J

jerzeytib

I work at a jail and only get one break a day. It's usually between 9 and 10 am. I'm going to try to eat every 3 hours but it's hard because of my work situation. This is the diet I plan on starting:

7am --> 5g of glutamine
1 of 2 multi-vitamins
1 1/2 scoop of whey protein

10am --> 1 can of tuna fish
12 oz water

1pm --> protein bar
12 oz water

4pm --> 8 ounce chincken breast sauteed with spinach, mushrooms, peppers
12 oz water

7pm --> 10 oz salmon filet 1/2 cup of vegetables
12 oz water

7:30pm --> 42g liquid protein (before workout)
5g glutamine
water (during workout)

9pm --> (post workout) 5g glutamine
1 1/2 scoop protein shake
2 of 2 multi vitamins (before bed)

I weigh 310lb , body fat 36%

I need help with this diet because I know it's not the best but it's all I can come up with. Any suggestions???

high_five

high_five

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's not that bad but I would suggest getting some carbs in the morning cause your not getting any carbs till like 4 in the afternoon, and there's not many carbs in that meal. you'll probablly feel pretty tired throughout the whole day cause you wont be getting any energy. your only significant carbs are at 7 at night. your daily carb intake looks to be around 100g or less. i would try to stick around 150 -180g of carbs daily. I would suggest oatmeal with your first meal and also try to get around 30g carbs with the liquid protein before you work out.

good luck bro. if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

J

jerzeytib

Thx and is that the only change I need to make in my diet. So, I should add 1/2 cup of oatmeal with my shake.

high_five

high_five

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah, just add the oatmeal in the morning and carbs(30g, whole wheat bread, wheat thins, oat bar or any other acceptable carb) before you workout and you should be good. Its a decent diet and should really help if you stick to it.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You're going to need to add some type of variation regarding carbs or you will hit a wall very quickly. Try doing some sort of carb cycle or you could get in 200g of carbs Tuesday-Sunday and 400g on Monday. Also, ditch the shake for breakfast and the protein bar (if you can) because whole foods are much better.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At the very least try to increase the vegetables. get some raw carrots or celery or coliflower and add a cup of raw veggies to each meal. this will help clean some of the bulk you have built up in the intestines from poor diet. Another rule to go by is if you have a protein shake drink 24 OZ of water just to help the body not dehydrate.

Honestly u dont look bad exspecially for weight loss. Add raw veggies like carrots or celer or coliflower to all of your meals missing veggies, have a cup at each meal. That alone should help some with the weight loss.

God Bless
Ben

J

jerzeytib

You're going to need to add some type of variation regarding carbs or you will hit a wall very quickly. Try doing some sort of carb cycle or you could get in 200g of carbs Tuesday-Sunday and 400g on Monday. Also, ditch the shake for breakfast and the protein bar (if you can) because whole foods are much better.

What would be a good substitute for the protein bar? Honestly, the protein bar was the most convenient thats why I chose it, but any whole food alternative ideas are welcomed.

J

jerzeytib

At the very least try to increase the vegetables. get some raw carrots or celery or coliflower and add a cup of raw veggies to each meal. this will help clean some of the bulk you have built up in the intestines from poor diet. Another rule to go by is if you have a protein shake drink 24 OZ of water just to help the body not dehydrate.

Honestly u dont look bad exspecially for weight loss. Add raw veggies like carrots or celer or coliflower to all of your meals missing veggies, have a cup at each meal. That alone should help some with the weight loss.

God Bless
Ben

What alternative can I have at breakfast that would be a good source of protein?

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What would be a good substitute for the protein bar? Honestly, the protein bar was the most convenient thats why I chose it, but any whole food alternative ideas are welcomed.

Cook some chicken or other meat the night before and just stick it in the fridge and pack it in a cooler for work. Also, eat it cold because if you reheat the meat you will actually lose some of the nutritional value.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Can I boil the eggs or will that reduce some of the nutritional value.

You need to cook your eggs in some way shape or form so your body can actually metabolize the protein. Otherwise, your body will only metabolize 50% of the protein and you run teh risk of getting sick. It's just reheating foods that further denatures the protein losing some of the nutritional value.