Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Tecmo Superbowl is perhaps the greatest damn football game ever! Bo Jackson was a stud in that game, I wish I still had it to play. An argument over the greatest of all time could go on forever, those are 10 that I find amazing.

I am what I am and that's all that I am, I'm Popeye the Sailor Man, Woo, Woo.

•   Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Body building advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Body building,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Muscle Building Community

Support Muscle Mecca and Visit Our Sponsors

Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Minchinator View Post
    Tecmo Superbowl is perhaps the greatest damn football game ever! Bo Jackson was a stud in that game, I wish I still had it to play. An argument over the greatest of all time could go on forever, those are 10 that I find amazing.
    Ironslave's top 10 greatest athletes ever

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by JS316 View Post
    Was.

4 gold's in about an hour or something. A great achievement...probably not good enough for this list though
    not bad for a days work

The Passion Of The Zombies

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    a little bit of raping wont hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by El Freako View Post
    being cool on the internet is much more important than being cool in real life .

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Mygeeto View Post
    not bad for a days work
    Not as bad as deflowering 1634 concubines in a single fortnight.

If I was you I'd hate me too...

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^ Bump. who is number 6?

Sorry, I'm pressed for time lately so I don't have the write up, but here's number 6.

Line mentioned earlier in the thread that Babe Ruth was a demigod amongst men during his time, not only is this true, to some extent, he still is. Baseball is known as "America's game", and Ruth will forever be the game's icon.

Yankee stadium, one of the most famous sports arena's anywhere in the world, is known as the "House that Ruth built." This isn't entirely accurate, as literally, this could be called "the house they built for Ruth". Previously, they shared a stadium with the New York (now San Francisco) Giants, who threatened to evict them. At the time, baseball stadiums could hold around 30,000 people. When the Yankees built their stadium, the first game reportedly held around 74,000 people, with a reported 25,000 or so turned away. Babe was the reason why they were able to hold that many people, he also christened the building hitting it's first home run, and leading the team to a World Series championship in its first year. The Yankees are easily among the top handful of most storied franchises of all time, and this was all started with Babe Ruth. He also helped spark the baseball movement in Japan, as in 1934 he participated in an all-star tour there. A decade later, Japanese soldiers seeking the ultimate insult for American troops would sometimes shout, "To hell with Babe Ruth!"

Besides his charisma and ability to draw a crowd, Ruth was one hell of an all around player. He started off his career as a pitcher, and he was one of the best. His career record of 89-46 is indeed an impressive winning percentage, as was his 2.28 ERA. More importantly, he lead the Red Sox to 3 World Series wins in his 4 years with them as a pitcher. When he was traded to the Yankees, he emerged as arguably the greatest hitter of all time. He changed the way baseball was played, paving the way for high scoring and power hitting. He was the first player to hit 30, 40, 50, and 60 home runs in a single season. From 1918-31, he led the AL in slugging percentage every year except 1925. From 1918-31, a 14 year span, he led the league in home runs 12 times, finishing second and third the other two seasons respectively. He only won 1 MVP, however this was due to a rule that at the time, baseball players were not allowed to win it more than once until 1930. Some of his all time records include:

* 3rd on all-time home run list with 714
    * 10 on all-time batting average list with .342
    * 2nd on all-time RBI list with 2,217
    * 1st on all-time slugging % with 0.690
    * 2nd on all-time on-base % list with .474
    * 1st on all-time OPS with 1.164
    * 4th on all-time runs list with 2,174
    * 6th on all-time total bases list with 5,793
    * 3rd on all-time bases on balls list with 2,062
    * 7 World Series Championships.

Going back to the aura Babe still has to this day, look no further than the movie "The Sandlot." In the film, a ghost of Babe Ruth appears in the middle of the night and says the memorable quote: "Hero's get remembered, but legends never die."

... no wonder so many people say the ghost of Babe Ruth still lives.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Ahh, the first American to have a voice-box. A God amongst men.

tom brady isnt a top 100 athelete? whata moron.

Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by president_fad View Post
    tom brady isnt a top 100 athelete? whata moron.
    Calling a Mod a moron after being here five days isn't your best move. If you do have a viable problem with the list you're better off making a somewhat thought-out post addressing your qualms. Consider yourself warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Line View Post
    Calling a Mod a moron after being here five days isn't your best move. If you do have a viable problem with the list you're better off making a somewhat thought-out post addressing your qualms. Consider yourself warned.
    Thanks for having my back bro, but I think he was referring to the original list from ESPN, which listed top 100 of the 20th Century. (Brady didn't play until the 21st).

Edit: unless he WAS calling me a moron, for that he would deserve the wraths of Hypo after being unable to meet a girl online :angrydude:

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Ironslave View Post
    Thanks for having my back bro, but I think he was referring to the original list from ESPN, which listed top 100 of the 20th Century. (Brady didn't play until the 21st).

Edit: unless he WAS calling me a moron, for that he would deserve the wraths of Hypo after being unable to meet a girl online :angrydude:

Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

If it's the former than I apologize. Either way, Ruth = Ironslave's top 10 greatest athletes ever

Quote Originally Posted by Line View Post
    imsorry, ill rephrase, tom brady not a top 100 athlete, does your brain function properly, or is that a joke?

Height
    5'8"
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

imsorry, ill rephrase, tom brady not a top 100 athlete, does your brain function properly, or is that a joke?
    Is this a question for Ironslave or the author of the ESPN list?

He is definitely a top 100 athlete, but that list he was referring to was for the 20th century.. Brady didn't start until the 21st. I think we all agree that Brady is a top athlete in his sport. I think you can agree with all the amazing athletes that have come and gone he does not belong in the top ten ever.

[April|MOTM] Braaq

My brain functions great (see the member awards).

Anyway, as I mentioned in my last post, once again, the first post was an ESPN list (not mine) of top 100 North American athletes from the 20th century.

Tom Brady was drafted in the 2000 draft, thus, Tom Brady did not play in the 20th century.

clear?

My brain functions great (see the member awards).

Anyway, as I mentioned in my last post, once again, the first post was an ESPN list (not mine) of top 100 North American athletes from the 20th century.

Tom Brady was drafted in the 2000 draft, thus, Tom Brady did not play in the 20th century.

clear?

actually, nowhere on your post does it say greatest athletes of the 20th century. And you said " none of these atheletes are even close." Which leads me to believe that it had nothing to do when he was drafted, but simply youre saying he shouldnt be on there.

actually, nowhere on your post does it say greatest athletes of the 20th century. And you said " none of these atheletes are even close." Which leads me to believe that it had nothing to do when he was drafted, but simply youre saying he shouldnt be on there.
    Are you seriously blind? What on earth is the point you are trying to say?

The very first post I posted was a list off ESPN, that was a list of 100 names. I made that clear, just to throw names out there for people.

No, my list is the best 10 athletes of all time, but yes, Tom Brady is nowhere close to being one of the top 10 greatest athletes of all time, I stand by this. I had Michael Jordan at number 6, Brady is nowhere near that.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Body building advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Body Building Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast