• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Hi, new here. Hows this look

S

SRUDWARF

Monday-
Front Squat 5x5 Ramping with the triple from friday
Pushpress 4x6 Ramping with 4 rm on friday
3 sets failure pullups or weighted pullups
weighted incline situps
facepulls

Wendsday-
5x3 ramping Sumo deadlift
3x6-10 dumbbell benching
3x3 Powerclean

Friday-
5x3 Ramping Front Squat
4x4 ramping Pushpress
3x6-10 T-bar row
Weighted incline situps
ghr's

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

I would change your rep range to be between 6-10 on all of your lifts and what are you trying to do with your workouts?
get bigger, faster, stronger what are your goals?

S

SRUDWARF

I would change your rep range to be between 6-10 on all of your lifts and what are you trying to do with your workouts?
get bigger, faster, stronger what are your goals?

Pure strength, i've put a fair amount of bf on my bulk(13%) and want to maintain my weight while getting some more strength. Why make the reps higher?

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

I would add more reps because when you are doing lower rep sets it's harder for your body to achieve muscular hypertrophy
also with higher rep sets your body will be put under more stress which can lead to more gains
low reps also tend to let your body quickly adjust to them as long as you keep pushing yourself hard and shifting the rep range between 6 and 10 your body won't adjust as easily

S

SRUDWARF

I'm not bulking, I'm going for strength. I mean i understand what you're saying but I read you're not even supposed to do front squats above 6 reps for lower back reasons. same goes for deadlifts

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

I personally do front squats and deadlifts for many more reps than that and many pros do as well
I don't experience lower back pain the main reason for lower back problems stemming from that do not occur because of the number of reps on an exercise but instead because of problems with their form
and strength and size go hand in hand you aren't going to get bigger without getting stronger and you aren't going to get stronger without bigger

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Personally I would keep the dead rep range low as you have done - I work for hypertrophy predominantly but still work that lift in the low rep range. If you are going predominantly for strength then you are right to focus primarily on lower reps. It might be worth undulating loads and adjusting rep ranges according to the loads between 3-6 reps. The exercise choice is good though particularly utilizing the oly lifts which will help all over power. However I'd be inclined to swap round the pushpresses with the bench every other week so you get a balance and work the chest a bit more which looks to be slightly neglected with this routine. Just a thought.

J

jeromethechicken

I've found that adding dbell pullovers 4X8 and dips 4Xfailure helped boost my bench while breaking my legs into two days, quads emphasis and hams emphasis, added much needed size and strength.

J

jeromethechicken

I wanted big strength gains and I stuck primarily with the big 3 (squat, dead lift, bench) but I eventually hit a point where I just wasn't improving as much. I added a little more supplemental lifts and I started seeing good gains again.

S

SRUDWARF

well i almost have an 800 lbs total what kind of workouts should i be doing

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
J

jeromethechicken

Throw in some incline bench, dumbell pullover for tris, dips, and leg press. You have a pretty good routine these are just some things I do.