• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is it possible to get shredded with no cardio?

U

umegghiu973

So i was doing cardio at 530am for 40mins going to school, then working out at 3pm for 40min then doin cardio for another 20min right after, then go to work till 10pm. after doin this for about 2 weeks i didnt notice too many results except for extreme tiredness and feelin like shit at the end of the day. I was taking tin about 350g of protein 150g carbs and about 30g fat. Now maybe its just the pathetic 5 hours of sleep a night or maybe i just really dont know the harsh reality of dieting but i dont think there is anyway Id be able to do that constantly for 3 months unless i actually worked myself sick. So i had an idea; if i workout for the normal 1hr to 1 1/2hr a day for 6 days a week and did 20min of cardio right after i wokr out will i still get cut up? im thinking due to the less activity i will have to lower my carbs to about 50g a day. Also i am goin to eat about 3 extra small meals included into the 6 i already am eating, so i can eat exactly every 2 hours during the long days i musty put in. Please feel free to comment. Thnx guys.

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont see why not, Isnt dieting all about calorie defecit. As long as your using more then your consuming you will lose weight

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
So i was doing cardio at 530am for 40mins going to school, then working out at 3pm for 40min then doin cardio for another 20min right after, then go to work till 10pm. after doin this for about 2 weeks i didnt notice too many results except for extreme tiredness and feelin like shit at the end of the day. I was taking tin about 350g of protein 150g carbs and about 30g fat. Now maybe its just the pathetic 5 hours of sleep a night or maybe i just really dont know the harsh reality of dieting but i dont think there is anyway Id be able to do that constantly for 3 months unless i actually worked myself sick. So i had an idea; if i workout for the normal 1hr to 1 1/2hr a day for 6 days a week and did 20min of cardio right after i wokr out will i still get cut up? im thinking due to the less activity i will have to lower my carbs to about 50g a day. Also i am goin to eat about 3 extra small meals included into the 6 i already am eating, so i can eat exactly every 2 hours during the long days i musty put in. Please feel free to comment. Thnx guys.

yo did an hour a day cardio and you didnt notice a change? what are your stats?

U

umegghiu973

6'0" 202lbs and i dont know my bf% but not low enough

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
you should have been noticing differences with the calories you were taking in... what cardio were you doing?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First of all, you are not going to see any drastic changes in your body composition in 2 weeks. Dieting is harsh and it takes time to reduce fat. Second of all, you will get burnt out trying to cut and getting only 5 hours of sleep a night. This sleep/recovery time is crucial. You can get very lean without doing cardio but it will take longer. Cardio is also very good for increasing overall metabolism.

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You got to get more sleep

U

umegghiu973

thnx for the advice guys, it is hard to get more sleep though just because of my schedule i put in between work and school and everything but im gonna stat eating smaler meals more often throughout the day so i will be eating about 9 smaller meals throughout the day instead of 6 and im gonna try and do the 1 hour of cardio and getlift for a full hour instead of 40min of cardio in the morning and 40min of lifting with 20min afterward to get a better workout. i feel like i was rushing my workouts because i was so worried about squeezing in my cardio. so im gonna see how these changes do and ill keep you guys updated.

T

Thomas_Rivera

It's possible to get ripped without cardio, but cardio defiantly helps to speed it along and bring you to that next level. If your strapped for time use HIIT.

For low carb dieting I suggest you look at the work of Lyle McDonald, in my opinion he's an excellent writer who also sources his information. If your going to be dropping to 50 grams of carbs a day you might as well check out the UDv2 protocol, it incorporates ketogenic low carb dieting into a carb load, then basically a few days of a normal maintenance dieting during which you look for muscle gain.

Rookieliftin

Rookieliftin

Some of us can only afford to get 5 hrs of sleep, especially when like in my case, I work and go to school at night till 1130, then go to the gym.... It takes alot of dedication on our part.. Sure you will get burnt out but the trick is to stay motivated.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Mach

Mach

Your problem is simple. You are not going to see pretty much anything doing it for only 2 weeks. It takes more then that to notice anything, and it's espeically hard to notice yourself.

Try working out for 5 days and the 2 days off do a solid hour of cardio on each of those 2 days, eat right and you'll be set, but like I said, don't expect much or even anything in 2 weeks time.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well that was a waste. Had an entire response written up only to realize this thread was created when I was in 10th grade :no:

MetalMX

MetalMX

Their are many variables in your body for it to work optimally and for you to reach your goals sleep is definitly one of those also, keeping stress to a minimum ( 1 1/2 hours training 6 days a week will burn out your adrenals and leave you feeling like shit not to mention sabotaging your progress), having your hormones balanced, having the right diet (no huge calorie deficits or surpluses), making sure you have the right vitamins/minerals in you, you could have a deficiency. I do hair mineral analysis testing regularly so i know where i am at with my minerals. And gastrointestinal function (probiotics - which also help you absorb food better), digestive supplement like swedish bitters.

Their are many variables so its not simply all about doing a crapload of training and/or cardio and eating a calorie deficit. Ive known people who do so much cardio and eat correctly yet don't achieve results they wanted because something else isnt right with the body.

One thing i would recommend is sublingual B12 helps with a huge amount of things. Your fat intake is waaayyy too low, every single hormone in your body is made from cholesterol if you don't get enough you don't produce enough. Best sources of EFA's (Essential Fatty Acids) are flaxseed oil and fish oil. I like udo's oil because it also contains coconut oil which has MCT's and omega 6 and 9 in the right ratios.

And as everyone else said 2 weeks is too early to notice changes.

R

ratonespisados

hello, i never posted on this forum before, i only read, but i will explain my own way to get lean with out cardio

only eat chicken, beef, and vegetables
train as heavy as you can
forget cardio and save your energy for train

this is the cheapest and easy way for get lean, i am not english native

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well that was a waste. Had an entire response written up only to realize this thread was created when I was in 10th grade :no:

And yet there are people responding to the thread after you pointed out that this thread has been bumped from over a year ago. :deadhorse: