• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Vegetarian NEEDS Protein help

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have been a vegetarian for the last 20 years. I eat eggs & dairy. I have limited my calories to 1200-2000 a day and been taking Hydroxycut hardcore & working out daily(except Wed. & Sun) for the last 2 months. I have been drinking Muscle Milk or E.A.S meal replacements for protein. I've lost 23 lbs. I am 6'0 and was 190lbs, now I'm 167lbs. I want to get down to 150lbs & lose the layer of fat over my abs and love handles. Then I want to Bulk up. I'm shooting for December. I bought MT NanoVap & Ana Halo for when I hit 150lbs to help me build mass. Are eggs enough protein? How many? Could someone help me out, I don't know much about the protein options out there?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
add heaps of beans and legumes into your diet man, as well as keeping the dairy and eggs high.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
add heaps of beans and legumes into your diet man, as well as keeping the dairy and eggs high.

Im not sure if this is the correct word :spy:

Lentils also

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Protein powder with some complex carbs in it when u wanna bulk....eggs and milk ofcourse...all kinds of beans and fat free yogurth!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Legumes are really the only quality protein that you are going to get from diet alone on a strict vegitarian plan. The lentils are also good but probably not as complete as legumes. As far as eggs go, I would eat a solid two egg meals a day. I would suggest 2 whole eggs and 4 or 5 whites. Have another meal with legumes as your protein, milk as your protein for another meal, and then throw in a shake or two a day and you should be just fine.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2 cup egg whites = 60 G protein.
I would go for eggs and whey protein. those are your best options.

You could also incorporate a vegetable juicer to get the best out of your fruits and veggies.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so are you a lacto or a pescatarian?

do you eat fish is what I'm getting at? if you eat fish, thats your best source of protein.

After that, egg whites, tofu (why hasn't anybody said this yet?) the boca patties are delicious but don't have a great amount of protein.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
so are you a lacto or a pescatarian?

do you eat fish is what I'm getting at? if you eat fish, thats your best source of protein.

After that, egg whites, tofu (why hasn't anybody said this yet?) the boca patties are delicious but don't have a great amount of protein.

because tofu sucks :wutyousay:

montanamuscle

montanamuscle

I LOVE RED MEAT BEEEEEEF

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd just like to say don't go the soy option. Stick with dairy, especially whey and casein.

Eggs are good.

I personally hate pulse seeds (beans, peas, lentils, etc) but they are good vegetarian protein sources. Though what you will need to do is check out the essential and general amino acid profiles of your diet and make sure that you are getting a good balance of aminos, especially the essential aminos. Since you eat dairy and eggs it won't be as big an issue but worth looking into it for best food choices and variety.

Also make sure you look at your macro ratios. Athletes need somewhere between a quarter and a third of their diet to be protein. Since a lot of your protein sources are also likely to be carbs you may have to keep an eye on that.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ good advice

just make sure your biggest protein meal is after training too

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks everyone for the guidance. :tiphat:
Going to pick up a case(8 dozen) of eggs tomorrow, along with legumes, green beans, kidney beans. Think I'll make some chili too.
Also I found a cool free Journal site called, Fitday.com
Logging my progress now.