• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bonus training.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have a question. I want to add to my training, home training. By that I mean pull-ups and fist push-ups.

The idea behind this is that I have added about 5-6 kg of solid mass, while maintaining my body fat in about three months, no idea how the fuck I managed this since I did nothing special. Hey, I'm not unhappy.

The problem is, I used to be able to do 28 body-weight pull-ups and about 90-100 push-ups. Now not even half, even though I lift more weight. I don't understand the body mechanics behind the numbers, but if I am stronger, why can't I rep more ?

Anyway. I want to start a regimen. Each time I pass to my room I do a set number of pullups (I already installed a parallel bar right at the doorset. Each time I pass into the kitchen I do a set number of push ups. This of course as a bonus, because I wont stop exercising at the gym.

Will this help me gain more resistance and muscle ? Thoughts ? Should I do this ?

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Imo you should not. You could do some GPP as active recovery but the amount of pushups/pullups could be counterproductive for your strength training and recovery.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Imo you should not. You could do some GPP as active recovery but the amount of pushups/pullups could be counterproductive for your strength training and recovery.

But what if I do the bonus training alternating.

Example, day one I train chest and triceps. That means home I will be doing only pull-ups as bonus training.

On day 2, I will do back and biceps, and bonus training halted, to rest the chest.

Day 3 legs, I would do push-ups as bonus training, since chest would be recovered by then.

Repit. Would that be better ? And what is GPP ?

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Push-ups can be beneficial to chest developmene if they don't interfere with your regular chest training. I've seen gains on my chest size and bench press numbers, since I started doing them for military training.