• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil Heath is not doing the ASC 2009

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
heath_out_large.jpg

personally i want him to do that show, he could win it, but i respect his choice and watch out for the Olympia 09 :coolguy:

Phil Heath decides to sit out the 2009 Arnold Classic

Prediction time: Phil Heath won't be winning the Arnold Classic in 2009.

No, we haven't soured on The Gift's otherwordly potential, especially not after his third-place finish at the 2008 Olympia, behind only winner Dexter Jackson and runner-up Jay Cutler. It's simply because Heath has decided he will bypass the second-biggest contest in bodybuilding to focus on winning the sport's ultimate title.

"After the Olympia, I definitely feel I could not only place high at the Arnold, I could win it," Heath said. "But my goal is to be Mr. Olympia. I just feel that to continue to improve and satisfy everyone - including myself - I would need another 10 months. I think I can be 240 on stage - dry and hard. But we can't do it in March. I just need that time in the gym."

Heath's announcement comes on the heels of Dennis Wolf's decision to also bypass the Arnold and sit out until the Olympia and Joe Weider's Pro World Cup in Berlin, Germany the following weekend. Those decisions leave 2007 Arnold Classic champ Victor Martinez and fifth-place Olympia finisher Toney Freeman as the early favorites in Columbus come March.

http://www.flexonline.com/phil_heath_arnold_classic_flex/news/628

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So I assume this means Dexter isnt doing it as well?

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^^ i don't know about Dexter, from what they said in the last sentence it could be true, i don't think they forgot about him though, but Wolf as well is not doing it.

Victor has a good chance at winning it, with only (i suppose) Branch, Kai Greene, Toney Freeman ..etc

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont blame Phil at all for wanting to skip the Arnold.... If he can keep getting better why not give it his all for bodybuildings top honor.....

brendan

brendan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
phil's got his eye on the big prize.watch out 09' Olympia.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well that mean victor is going to win the ASC 2009 !!!
thanks for the info tKD :tiphat:

hydro

hydro

At first i thought it was a bad decision considering he would probably win it if he entered, as Jay Ronnie Flex and Kevin all had their fair share of winning the Arnold. So you would think that with Phil being young to get some of these lessor titles under his belt and then go for the O like the others did. But if you think about it hes got a pretty good chance of winning the O in 09 considering Jay didnt improve at all from 08 and Dexter is getting older Phil should finish at least 2nd. So yeh if i were him id probably do the same, even though id love to see him up on stage against Victor and Greene. :xyxthumbs:

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At first i thought it was a bad decision considering he would probably win it if he entered, as Jay Ronnie Flex and Kevin all had their fair share of winning the Arnold. So you would think that with Phil being young to get some of these lessor titles under his belt and then go for the O like the others did. But if you think about it hes got a pretty good chance of winning the O in 09 considering Jay didnt improve at all from 08 and Dexter is getting older Phil should finish at least 2nd. So yeh if i were him id probably do the same, even though id love to see him up on stage against Victor and Greene. :xyxthumbs:
exactly :xyxthumbs:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Actually IF the rumors are true they better watch out for Ruhl

MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think it's the right decition.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
A smart move, that gives him the chance to win the O next year

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If he screws this up, he will have skipped for nothing.

But I have faith in my little Philly, lmao

ddragaon

ddragaon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bad move by Phil IMO.Right now I cant see him wining the 2009 Mr.O.
Why?
Answer No. 1 : Victor Martinez
Answer No. 2 : Dex will take the year off,so he can defende his Mr.O title

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
His younger than Dexter and Jay.More likely to make bigger improvements than those two.
Then again,entering to AC he would have a great chance to win it and be more serious contender.Im sure Phil knows this and have really think this trough whats best for him.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Bad move by Phil IMO.Right now I cant see him wining the 2009 Mr.O.
Why?
Answer No. 1 : Victor Martinez
Answer No. 2 : Dex will take the year off,so he can defende his Mr.O title

Vic wont win the O, sad, but IMO its true.

If phil improves over the next year, like he did last year IMO dex has no chance.

TheGift

TheGift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yo!

Now I am sure many of your guys are pissed that I ain't doing the show, but when you look at the big picture, you'll see it was a good decision. Yes, the goal is to win, but more importantly to improve. My trainer and I agreed that in order to make improvements, an offseason is our only option leaving us more time in the gym to grow. Its funny because every time I sit one out, I get some great positive and some funny negative comments. Please know that I understand that most of you guys love to see me compete so I will do my best as always into bringing my best physique to date in Vegas in '09. I will film the whole year and will touch on many areas of my life. Just be a lil' more patient and you won't be disappointed because my fans are the best so I will continue to train for them.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Good luck Phil :2:
I am sure we all understand what your talking about. If you really want a chance to make improvements enough to win the Mr O you need a proper off season to make the necessary improvements. Good luck and keep us informed on how your doing.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yo!

Now I am sure many of your guys are pissed that I ain't doing the show, but when you look at the big picture, you'll see it was a good decision. Yes, the goal is to win, but more importantly to improve. My trainer and I agreed that in order to make improvements, an offseason is our only option leaving us more time in the gym to grow. Its funny because every time I sit one out, I get some great positive and some funny negative comments. Please know that I understand that most of you guys love to see me compete so I will do my best as always into bringing my best physique to date in Vegas in '09. I will film the whole year and will touch on many areas of my life. Just be a lil' more patient and you won't be disappointed because my fans are the best so I will continue to train for them.
sounds good bro !!! good luck with your offseason, we know you will bring your best physique in the 2009 OLYMPIA !!!
keep up the hard work brother :xyxthumbs:

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice to hear from you Phil.I agree with your decision.2009 just might be yours:2: