• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Overrated movies?

P

Pain

VIP
As of right now, I'd say the most overrated movie of the moment is The Dark Knight. Sure, TDK is a great movie and all but its not that good. Also, The Lord of The Ring movies are just abit overrated too.

What are some of the most overrated movies out there?

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Drunk, Punch Love. For that movie to have any mention or publicity is overrating it, worse movie i have ever seen.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There are so many I am overloaded.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I'll say Shawshank Redemption.
Drunk, Punch Love. For that movie to have any mention or publicity is overrating it, worse movie i have ever seen.
Paul Thomas Anderson channeling Tati? You're wrong.
Kill Bill 1 & 2
I'll never understand why you hate these films so much.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As of right now, I'd say the most overrated movie of the moment is The Dark Knight. Sure, TDK is a great movie and all but its not that good. Also, The Lord of The Ring movies are just abit overrated too.

What are some of the most overrated movies out there?

I disagree, I think LOTR has earned its hype and exceeded it.
TDK is great, is it as great as it is hyped to be... maybe not but it is still a great movie.

Tropic Thunder was over hyped this year for sure.
The most hyped and biggest let down film ever IMO was the HULK. Not the new one but the first one that came out about six years ago.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I disagree, I think LOTR has earned its hype and exceeded it.
The LotR films are so decisively American in their style, every scene trying to overshadow the prior, that much of the purported resonance is lost. Jackson seems hellbent on outdoing spectacle with more spectacle so that the context and conflict is lost and it subverts its efforts to being overtly melodramatic and self-important. Meh.
Braaq said:
TDK is great, is it as great as it is hyped to be... maybe not but it is still a great movie.
It's good.
Braaq said:
Tropic Thunder was over hyped this year for sure.
Agreed.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
The LotR films are so decisively American in their style, every scene trying to overshadow the prior, that much of the purported resonance is lost. Jackson seems hellbent on outdoing spectacle with more spectacle so that the context and conflict is lost and it subverts its efforts to being overtly melodramatic and self-important. Meh.
Well aight check this out dawg, first of all, you throwin' too many big words at me, and because I don't understand 'em I'm gonna take 'em as disrespect. Watch ya mouth and help me with the sale.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I won't disagree with that, I saw that every film myself actually.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Well aight check this out dawg, first of all, you throwin' too many big words at me, and because I don't understand 'em I'm gonna take 'em as disrespect. Watch ya mouth and help me with the sale.
:xmasrofl: :xmasrofl:

Good movie.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tropic Thunder
Crash
Fred Claus
Anchorman
Talladega Nights
Step Brothers
Meet the Spartans

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't say,. i didn't see as many films this year as usual,
TDK is somewhat over-rated but still one of the best to me,
didn't see Tropic thunder cus' it looked like shit just from watching the trailer.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Indian Jones 4 - way overhyped
Pirates of the Caribean 2&3 - just crap in comparison to the hype surrounding them
Da Vinci Code - both the book and movie were overhyped to glory. They were both average.
The new Star Wars - "suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked" to quote Homer. Seriously a potato could have come up with wittier dialouge and acting chops than that production.

I enjoyed TDK in spite of the hype, so I think it lived up to expectations.

LOTR I wasn't expecting anything so I actually really enjoyed it. The second and third films were good in spite of the hype. Still find it hard to see how they had a 9hr epic that couldn't have been done in half the time.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The new Star Wars sure were garbage.

I don't understand how the acting could possibly be so horrendous.

Boardwalk

Boardwalk

This year:

Hancock was a bit disappointing. Death Race wasn't something to write home about.

Step Brothers DELIVERED. I was rofl that whole movie.
I haven't seen the dark knight but will be receiving it for Christmas.. I hope its good.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Step Brothers DELIVERED.
No it didn't. It staked all its jokes on the idea that cursing in front of your parents or overt manchild gimmicks are funny. Great writing there. :rolleyes:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The new Star Wars sure were garbage.

I don't understand how the acting could possibly be so horrendous.

Formulae for Original Star Wars movies=
Harrison Ford + Good idea + George Lucas not directing + script rewrites + as few scenes as possible without Harrison Ford

Formulae for New Star Wars moveis=
No Harrison Ford + prequel of idea + George Lucas directing + no script rewrites + no improvisation or direction for actors + focus on special effects

It's amazing how much Harrison Ford contributes to a scene. Just his demands for script rewrites so that dialoge worked made a huge difference.