• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

A few questions on measurements

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok so I want to do some muscle measurements. I have a "myotape" measurer. It seems pretty good. Aren't most measurements made with the muscles relaxed and not flexed? Also does a time of day matter when doing measurements, I'd greatly assume you wouldnt want to do them after training, unless your looking for a pumped measurement.

Also I have a digital caliper.... iRonMan has a regular caliper. Which do you guys perfer to use? The three spots for the digital one is the chest, stomach and quad. I've never used a regulare caliper... but I want to get an accurate body fat reading so that I know exactally how much muscle compared to fat I will be gaining.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
step 1: get hottie
step 2: get hottie naked
step 3: make hottie touch your penor
step 4: measure.

/end.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Relaxed and not after training. You could do it after you wake up easy to remember for the next time since measurements are best made on the same days/times.

Never used a digital one so I cant tell you which one I prefer most

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The only tensed measure is the upper arm.

Go to the myotape webpage, I thought they had all the measure sites described and how to use the calipers.

Also everything I've read on calipers says that they aren't accurate. The only time they have any use is for consistent readings. So if you are able to consistently be precise in your measurements then you will be able to measure any decreases in skin folds. But this will not be able to tell you what your actual BF level is.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The only tensed measure is the upper arm.

Go to the myotape webpage, I thought they had all the measure sites described and how to use the calipers.

Also everything I've read on calipers says that they aren't accurate. The only time they have any use is for consistent readings. So if you are able to consistently be precise in your measurements then you will be able to measure any decreases in skin folds. But this will not be able to tell you what your actual BF level is.

Thanks Tim, your opinon is always valued. I cant seem to find the myotape website though.