• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Maxximus Acceleration: Zero to 60 in 2.1 Seconds

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
An Indiana businessman and a race car-driving chauffeur have built what they and the World Record Academy call the world's fastest street-legal car, a 1,600-horsepower beast that does zero to sixty in just 2.1 seconds.

That's right. Two-point-one seconds.

Designer Marlon Kirby and financier David McMahan unveiled the Maxximus G-Force this morning in Beverly Hills, and they'll happily sell you one for $3 million. That kind of money buys you a car with a 7-liter twin turbocharged Chevrolet V8 engine powerful enough to leave the Ferrari Enzo, McLaren F1 and even the mighty Bugatti Veyron in its dust. When Kirby let 'er rip at Rockingham Raceway in North Carolina a few months ago, the car did zero to 100 in 4.541 seconds and peeled off a zero-to-100-back-to-zero time of 8.861 seconds.

"Racing the Maxximus G-Force, well, it's like coming down from the top of a roller coaster ride," Kirby told Wired.com. "You're experiencing so many Gs that there is just no other way to describe it."

Kirby is the founder of Maxximus Technologies. McMahan is the president and CEO of Argent Funds Group. The two met when Kirby was driving the limo that carried McMahan home from the airport in Indianapolis. They started talking about cars and discovered they shared a dream of building a record-breaking street-legal car.

"Building a record-breaking performance car is something I always dreamed of as a kid, ever since I was strapping motors to my Radio Flyer to the time when I was drag racing Studebakers at Paradise Airport," said McMahan. "So, we exchanged numbers in the limo, and I called Marlon back about two weeks later, agreeing to finance his next project.'"

Kirby spent four years developing and building the car. He started with an Ultima GTR 720, a British super-exotic already capable of zero to 60 in 2.6 seconds. Kirby yanked the Ultima's drivetrain, gearbox and a good portion of the chassis because, he said, they couldn't handle the acceleration he was looking for. Maxximus uses an all-aluminum 434-cubic inch small-block V8 and two Turbonetics turbochargers to produce 1,600 horsepower at the flywheel. Power flows through a custom-made paddle-shifted three speed transmission. Six-piston AP Racing calipers grab 14.2-inch rotors to bring the car to a stop. The mid-engined car weighs 2,700 pounds and will suck the fuel tank dry in 9 minutes.

McMahan calls building the car a dream come true. And though it costs about twice as much as the Veyron - which does zero to 60 in 2.8 seconds - McMahan says he's had a couple of inquiries from buyers in the Middle East. Perhaps that's why the car will be featured at the Big Boy's Toys Super Show in Abu Dhabi on April 30th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats sick, i need to sell my ps3 and dog in order to buy that ride.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Crazy....2.1? that's lik NFS type accelaration lulz

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
those two should get advice from J, Shelby
4 years? not enough time to design a world record breaker.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What's the point ? I'd just ride a roller coaster.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Can't find the top speed record anywhere
just how good it is from 0 to w/e
wheres the top speed?..

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its not really street legal

The G-Force is an amazing achievement -- apart from one tiny detail. You see, the Maxximus G-Force isn't strictly a street-legal automobile. Sure, it has a stereo and sat nav. It has lights and turn signals. But if GM. Ford, or even Bugatti presented this thing to the DOT for certification, they'd get laughed out the building, because the Maxximus G-Force hasn't a hope of meeting current new car crash or emissions standards.
Y

There's only one in existence -- the blue car you see here -- and it's already been sold, reportedly to someone in the Middle East, where you could probably register a Saturn V rocket as a car, if you tried.. Though Maxximus folk didn't talk specifics, they did mention a number in the seven-figures.
The fastest road car in the world? It's still the 253-mph Bugatti Veyron (although the SCC Ultimate Aero folks will beg to differ), airbags, anti-lock brakes, catalytic converters and all.

Last edited by a moderator:
brendan

brendan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow.very nice thread bro.......repped.:xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cool! But, that price tag is sick. I'll take a GTR & 0-60 in 3.4 sec. for 80k fully loaded.