• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Adonis Belt/Lower Abdomen Strain?

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
During hack squats today I kept getting this odd feeling in my lower abdomen, about 3 inches up and slightly to the left of my junk. Kind of along the line of my adonis belt. Anyway, I've never had a hernia, I don't know what a hernia feels like if you "feel one coming on". I've had the feeling before but it felt a bit more promiment today (I was doing more weight than I've ever done) and was a bit worried.

I stopped the workout immediately and called it a day, better safe than sorry.

I'm trying to get some feedback as to what it may be or what it may feel like to get a hernia or feel a hernia lurking around. Anything would help, thanks ahead of time.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You're usually pretty weak in that area and hernia is a possibility.

It has been ages since I had one so I can't remember the sensation. But you are looking for a lump or distension of some sort in that area that may or may not be painful and may or may not be able to be pushed back into the abdominal cavity. Coughing or standing may increase the size of the lump or the amount of pain.

Best to get it checked out.