• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Targeting Upper Biceps

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys. I've been having some trouble with my left arm (biceps in particular). There is a large gap from my shoulder to my biceps. My right side, the gap is pretty much filled, very thick. But on my left, the upper bicep part (closest to shoulder) is virtually not there! How would I train my left arm to catch up with my right? I've tried adding a couple of extra reps here and there but I don't think it's helping much to be honest. Thanks! :bitenails:

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys. I've been having some trouble with my left arm (biceps in particular). There is a large gap from my shoulder to my biceps. My right side, the gap is pretty much filled, very thick. But on my left, the upper bicep part (closest to shoulder) is virtually not there! How would I train my left arm to catch up with my right? I've tried adding a couple of extra reps here and there but I don't think it's helping much to be honest. Thanks! :bitenails:

You can't isolate 'upper biceps'. It might be genetics - and in that case there's really nothing to do about it besides bringing your arms up more overall.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
as he said..
my left and right biceps are also very different.. similar to how levrones are (except mine are twice the size)

KevinLevrone22a-1.jpg

you see how one is round with a peak and the other is similar to a cyclinder

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
as he said..
my left and right biceps are also very different.. similar to how levrones are (except mine are twice the size)

KevinLevrone22a-1.jpg

you see how one is round with a peak and the other is similar to a cyclinder

Thats because one arm is supinated and the other one pronated.:doh:

Is it really that hard to understand??

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can't isolate 'upper biceps'. It might be genetics - and in that case there's really nothing to do about it besides bringing your arms up more overall.

It's funny because both of my bicep peaks are pretty much the same (few centimetres of difference). I also think that my left shoulder may be smaller as well! And I do many isolated movements and everything seems fine. This really shot down my self-esteem... :wtcrun:

I think what I might do is train both arms one day, and another day focus only on the left side. I'll be sticking to heavy hammer curls and bicep curls.

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's funny because both of my bicep peaks are pretty much the same (few centimetres of difference). I also think that my left shoulder may be smaller as well! And I do many isolated movements and everything seems fine. This really shot down my self-esteem... :wtcrun:

I think what I might do is train both arms one day, and another day focus only on the left side. I'll be sticking to heavy hammer curls and bicep curls.

Nobody is 100% symmetrical. Some people just have more noticeble asymmetries. Just keep training hard.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I need to start isolating my long head.

:spy:

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Your dick? Don't isolate it, share it with a good chick (Robcardú, e.g.).

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

nope my friend.... even if both where to be the same... they would still have that distinction...one bicep is longer than the other but with less peak
take my word for it

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
nope my friend.... even if both where to be the same... they would still have that distinction...one bicep is longer than the other but with less peak
take my word for it

Chewie knows Levrone "inside and out". :gaygay:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Chewie, what the hell are you talking about. Anabolicus is right. Levrone's right hand is supinated therefore the biceps shorten. His left hand is pronated therefore the bicep appears longer.

Oh almost forgot, Johnny. It's all down to genetics mate. I have some muscle imbalnces with my left side to my right side of my body but you just gotta deal with it. I don't in your case any type of training will help you in this case, because you cannot activate your muscle fibres in your upper arm.

The King Of Lurkers

The King Of Lurkers

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah i think its genetics not even 2 time mr olympia jay could match both of his biceps:bitelip: and to be honest i also think that nobody has equal biceps in both arms

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Finally someone else saying this :thumbsup2:

I was getting sick of people not understanding this.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks a lot for your advice guys. This stuff was really getting to my head.