Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 18 of 22
  1. #1

    The Best of Jay Cutler

    Most of you have probably seen it already, but I felt it's only right to throw this video up again after Jay Cutler's all-time best showing in 2009! Mr Olympia 2009, Jay Cutler.






    Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

     



    •   Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Body building advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Body building,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Muscle Building Community

        

        
        Support Muscle Mecca and Visit Our Sponsors




  2. #2
    Mecca V.I.P. tim290280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Age
    38
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,271
    Ahh memories.

    I remember searching for Jay and Priest vids and finding BBD as a result.

    Still hate what Jay has done to his mid section playing the mass game. Look at those early vids and he was a different animal.


    Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    My Log - Join the Journey!
    Aussie Lift-Off


  3. #3
    ^^ Tim, why in hell you keep bitching about "huge midsection" ?

    What Cutler should have been done, in your opinion?

    When you get THAT big, well over 270lbs, your stomach is huge. Of course if you are 202 like Ronnie Rockel you have not that kind of distension.

    Jay needed to play the size game just because:
    1) Ronnie was the king and Ronnie was huge.
    2) He can't be as cut as Dexter or the rest of the "smaller" guys.

    Anyway, Jay's midsection was never small. His hips are wide. It's genetics.

    He played the size game, he fucked up his midsection and he won 3 ASC and 3 Mr Olympias. He was right.


     


  4. #4
    Mecca V.I.P. tim290280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Age
    38
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,271
    Quote Originally Posted by mvsf1 View Post
    ^^ Tim, why in hell you keep bitching about "huge midsection" ?

    What Cutler should have been done, in your opinion?

    When you get THAT big, well over 270lbs, your stomach is huge. Of course if you are 202 like Ronnie Rockel you have not that kind of distension.

    Jay needed to play the size game just because:
    1) Ronnie was the king and Ronnie was huge.
    2) He can't be as cut as Dexter or the rest of the "smaller" guys.

    Anyway, Jay's midsection was never small. His hips are wide. It's genetics.

    He played the size game, he fucked up his midsection and he won 3 ASC and 3 Mr Olympias. He was right.
    Oh yes, because your opinion is definitely superior to my opinion.


    I've always said I'm biased by the aesthetic physiques. Get over it. I'm allowed to prefer aesthetics. Doesn't stop me also appreciating Ronnie for the champ he was.

    Also I'm about to go and post in another section, so keep an eye out for it so you can post immediately afterwards to criticise me. While you are at it, why not stop off at the Introductions section and criticise a newbie.


     


  5. #5
    ^^ Once again, you are not answering my question... don't act as if you were a victim, you are not funny at all. I posted FACTS. Why don't you just reply me with facts? Please, answer my question:

    What Jay should have been done different?


     


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mvsf1 View Post
    ^^ Once again, you are not answering my question... don't act as if you were a victim, you are not funny at all. I posted FACTS. Why don't you just reply me with facts? Please, answer my question:

    What Jay should have been done different?
    If I was Jay, I'd take lots of time off from the gym after this Olympia. All that volume, year-round, I think his body could use a break.

    It could possibly help his gains, his body has probably adjusted to his routine 24/7.


     


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    If I was Jay, I'd take lots of time off from the gym after this Olympia. All that volume, year-round, I think his body could use a break.

    It could possibly help his gains, his body has probably adjusted to his routine 24/7.
    I think you didn't understand me. I asked what you think Jay should have done instead playing the mass game since 2001. I think it worked for him wonders due the fact he can't be as sharp as Dex and the rest of the smaller guys.

    BTW: yeah, I think you're right and he needs a break right now...

    PS: I don't think he will do the ASC again.... what do u think, guys?


     


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mvsf1 View Post
    I think you didn't understand me. I asked what you think Jay should have done instead playing the mass game since 2001. I think it worked for him wonders due the fact he can't be as sharp as Dex and the rest of the smaller guys.

    BTW: yeah, I think you're right and he needs a break right now...

    PS: I don't think he will do the ASC again.... what do u think, guys?
    I understood you, I just didn't really answer your question. :gaysign:

    I think he did everything right to become the top bodybuilder in the world. When he started training with more free weights, he really started packing on more mass.


     


  9. #9
    Mecca V.I.P. Johnny5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    29
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    1,322
    Well a lot of it is actually genetics. If you're born with wide hips, you're going to stay that way forever, there's just nothing you can do about it (Gunter Schlierkamp for example). Jay obviously did the right thing, because the mass game suits him best. He can still maintain a pretty tight midesection (as we've seen this year), unlike Ronnie Coleman, or Dennis James for example.

    By the way nice video!


     


  10. #10
    Mecca V.I.P. Hypocrisy86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Age
    30
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    15,727
    awesome video


    The Best of Jay Cutler


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by tim290280 View Post
    Oh yes, because your opinion is definitely superior to my opinion.


    I've always said I'm biased by the aesthetic physiques. Get over it. I'm allowed to prefer aesthetics. Doesn't stop me also appreciating Ronnie for the champ he was.

    Also I'm about to go and post in another section, so keep an eye out for it so you can post immediately afterwards to criticise me. While you are at it, why not stop off at the Introductions section and criticise a newbie.
    I agree, I prefer aesthetic physiques as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by mvsf1
    ^^ Once again, you are not answering my question... don't act as if you were a victim, you are not funny at all. I posted FACTS. Why don't you just reply me with facts? Please, answer my question:

    What Jay should have been done different?
    What facts? Those are not "Facts" as much as they are your opinion or general assessment. You are arguing over something that is merely perception and preference so why does someone need to state rock hard "Facts"??


    [April|MOTM] Braaq
    The Best of Jay Cutler


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Braaq View Post
    What facts? Those are not "Facts" as much as they are your opinion or general assessment. You are arguing over something that is merely perception and preference so why does someone need to state rock hard "Facts"??
    1) Ronnie was a beast. That's a fact.
    2) Jay NEVER showed as sharp as Dexter Jackson, that's a fact.
    3) Jay would have never beaten Dexter Jackson this year if they were the same size, that's a fact.
    4) Jay can't win weighing the same as Dex because his structure and conditioning are not as good as Dexter's. That's a fact.
    5) The Creator wrote "Jay destroyed the competition". He said it, that's another fact.

    I'm being realistic, that's all.


     


  13. #13
    Mecca V.I.P. tim290280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Age
    38
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,271
    Quote Originally Posted by mvsf1 View Post
    1) Ronnie was a beast. That's a fact.
    2) Jay NEVER showed as sharp as Dexter Jackson, that's a fact.
    3) Jay would have never beaten Dexter Jackson this year if they were the same size, that's a fact.
    4) Jay can't win weighing the same as Dex because his structure and conditioning are not as good as Dexter's. That's a fact.
    5) The Creator wrote "Jay destroyed the competition". He said it, that's another fact.

    I'm being realistic, that's all.
    Your opinion has suddenly changed from the original points of opinion that Braaq and I were commenting on.

    Quote Originally Posted by You
    ^^ Tim, why in hell you keep bitching about "huge midsection" ?
    This is you criticising my opinion about aesthetics. Get over it!

    Quote Quote
    What Cutler should have been done, in your opinion?
    This is you questioning a my opinion on a hypothetical situation.
    Quote Quote
    When you get THAT big, well over 270lbs, your stomach is huge. Of course if you are 202 like Ronnie Rockel you have not that kind of distension.
    This is your opinion on why distention occurs. You are ignoring the fact that a lot of smaller competitors are just short and are actually similar proportions relative to size. The other point you ignore is just how much drugs affect distention. Check out people with insulin problems and how good they look.
    Quote Quote
    Jay needed to play the size game just because:
    "Needed"??? Chose is the correct adjective.
    Quote Quote
    1) Ronnie was the king and Ronnie was huge.
    So being huge is the only way to win????? Ronnie had more than just mass.
    Quote Quote
    2) He can't be as cut as Dexter or the rest of the "smaller" guys.
    Why not? He was lean as hell this year.
    Quote Quote
    Anyway, Jay's midsection was never small. His hips are wide. It's genetics.
    Your first actual fact statement.
    Quote Quote
    He played the size game, he fucked up his midsection and he won 3 ASC and 3 Mr Olympias. He was right.
    Being rewarded has nothing to do with being right. But I agree he was rewarded well for playing the mass game.

    But these "facts" you refer to are not present. Your opinion is that Jay is ever so wonderful and that any flaws are irrelevant. I say the flaws are relevant because BBing isn't about just being the biggest. If that were the case we'd just slap as much muscle onto our bodies as possible and have a weigh in to determine the winner. BBing is about aesthetics and balance as well.


     


  14. #14
    LIFT OR DIE El Freako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
    Age
    34
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    8,264
    I'm going to back Tim here, just because you've played the game doesn't mean you deserve a reward. Jay IMO has a flawed physique and did not deserve this Olympia when there were much better physiques on show with pretty similar conditioning.


    My log - read it f*ckers!

    My lifting vids

    There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy.
    -Mark Rippetoe


  15. #15
    Quote Quote
    What Cutler should have been done, in your opinion?
    This is you questioning a my opinion on a hypothetical situation.
    We are in 2001. Jay has lost the Olympia to Ronnie Coleman. Ronnie has displayed in the past (2000 Mr Olympia) a bigger phisique than Jay's. What Cutler should do know in your opinion? Stay the same weight and try to be more cut than in 2001 Olympia? Play the size game trying to catch Ronnie?

    It's not difficult, please answer, it seems you don't like to discuss at all. It very interested in your reply.


    Quote Quote
    This is your opinion on why distention occurs. You are ignoring the fact that a lot of smaller competitors are just short and are actually similar proportions relative to size. The other point you ignore is just how much drugs affect distention. Check out people with insulin problems and how good they look.
    Tnx God, at least one good reply. Ok I disagree. In fact I'm not ignoring what insulin do. To get as big as Cutler or Kai (mass monsters) you NEED insulin, GH and all that stuff. That's why their stomach is distented. Now take a look at how Shawn Ray looked being much lighter than mass monsters. His lines were perfect, he didn't took lots of insulin. Remember also Flex Wheeler's transformation in order to get huge (1993 vs 2000) Then:

    Insulin + GH + etc -> Mass Monster -> Big gut
    No big dosages + less food -> Big but streamlined -> No gut.


    Quote Quote
    "Needed"??? Chose is the correct adjective.
    Yeah, "needed" in order to win the Olympia. Of course nobody put a gun in his head but Olympia is all about size since 1991. Yeah, Dex won last year, but I bet you the average weight of Mr O. winners since that date is well over 250lbs. So, you need to be huge to suceed in the Mr Olympia nowadays.

    Quote Quote
    1) Ronnie was the king and Ronnie was huge.
    So being huge is the only way to win????? Ronnie had more than just mass.
    It's not the only thing you need in order to win, but it's a MUST looking at past 20 Mr Olympia results. That's a fact. If you are not big, you don't win.

    Quote Quote
    2) He can't be as cut as Dexter or the rest of the "smaller" guys.
    Why not? He was lean as hell this year.
    Why not? Even this year, at his all time best (once in... 30 competitions he might be done¿?) he was not as cut as Dexter Jackson. That's a fact. Call it genetics or "bad luck"... but that's not his strong point.

    Quote Quote
    Anyway, Jay's midsection was never small. His hips are wide. It's genetics.
    Your first actual fact statement.
    Wow! You agree with me in Jay's faults, what a surprise!

    Quote Quote
    He played the size game, he fucked up his midsection and he won 3 ASC and 3 Mr Olympias. He was right.
    Being rewarded has nothing to do with being right. But I agree he was rewarded well for playing the mass game.
    LOL. Man, he did it right because he took what he wanted to (The Sandow) without killing anybody. He won 6 big trophies, that's the only important thing.

    In fact I think Levrone's got a better body than Jay some years. Did Levrone won? Nope. Did Jay? Hell yeah. Who materialize his dream? Only Jay.

    That's why I said he did the right thing.


    Quote Quote
    But these "facts" you refer to are not present. Your opinion is that Jay is ever so wonderful and that any flaws are irrelevant. I say the flaws are relevant because BBing isn't about just being the biggest. If that were the case we'd just slap as much muscle onto our bodies as possible and have a weigh in to determine the winner. BBing is about aesthetics and balance as well.
    No, Jay has flaws.... if fact I always said in 1000 threads Ronnie Coleman is the best BB ever. I'm not blind.

    I agree, bobybuilding is not (or should be not) only about size, but IN FACT Mr Olympia is. You don't like Cutler's structure and that's fine to me, I respect your opinion, and you should respect judges' one too. :gaysign:


     


  16. #16
    LIFT OR DIE El Freako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
    Age
    34
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    8,264
    ^I'm not even sure what your argument is anymore...


     


  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by El Freako View Post
    ^I'm not even sure what your argument is anymore...
    Cutler would have not won the Olympia if he didn't played the size game. That's my main point.


     


  18. #18
    Mecca V.I.P. tim290280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Age
    38
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,271
    Quote Originally Posted by El Freako View Post
    ^I'm not even sure what your argument is anymore...
    His very last point is to agree with me again. So basically the basis of his argument is to argue with me. Pretty much why I'm not playing.


     




    • MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Body building advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Body Building Forum

        

        
         We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY






 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

collapse Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By agreeing to the above you are also agreeing to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Statement.