• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Best of Jay Cutler

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Most of you have probably seen it already, but I felt it's only right to throw this video up again after Jay Cutler's all-time best showing in 2009! Mr Olympia 2009, Jay Cutler.

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ahh memories.

I remember searching for Jay and Priest vids and finding BBD as a result.

Still hate what Jay has done to his mid section playing the mass game. Look at those early vids and he was a different animal.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Tim, why in hell you keep bitching about "huge midsection" ?

What Cutler should have been done, in your opinion?

When you get THAT big, well over 270lbs, your stomach is huge. Of course if you are 202 like Ronnie Rockel you have not that kind of distension.

Jay needed to play the size game just because:
1) Ronnie was the king and Ronnie was huge.
2) He can't be as cut as Dexter or the rest of the "smaller" guys.

Anyway, Jay's midsection was never small. His hips are wide. It's genetics.

He played the size game, he fucked up his midsection and he won 3 ASC and 3 Mr Olympias. He was right.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

When you get THAT big, well over 270lbs, your stomach is huge. Of course if you are 202 like Ronnie Rockel you have not that kind of distension.

He played the size game, he fucked up his midsection and he won 3 ASC and 3 Mr Olympias. He was right.

Oh yes, because your opinion is definitely superior to my opinion.
:sissyfight:

I've always said I'm biased by the aesthetic physiques. Get over it. I'm allowed to prefer aesthetics. Doesn't stop me also appreciating Ronnie for the champ he was.

Also I'm about to go and post in another section, so keep an eye out for it so you can post immediately afterwards to criticise me. While you are at it, why not stop off at the Introductions section and criticise a newbie. :borat:

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Once again, you are not answering my question... don't act as if you were a victim, you are not funny at all. I posted FACTS. Why don't you just reply me with facts? Please, answer my question:

What Jay should have been done different?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Once again, you are not answering my question... don't act as if you were a victim, you are not funny at all. I posted FACTS. Why don't you just reply me with facts? Please, answer my question:

If I was Jay, I'd take lots of time off from the gym after this Olympia. All that volume, year-round, I think his body could use a break.

It could possibly help his gains, his body has probably adjusted to his routine 24/7.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If I was Jay, I'd take lots of time off from the gym after this Olympia. All that volume, year-round, I think his body could use a break.

It could possibly help his gains, his body has probably adjusted to his routine 24/7.

I think you didn't understand me. I asked what you think Jay should have done instead playing the mass game since 2001. I think it worked for him wonders due the fact he can't be as sharp as Dex and the rest of the smaller guys.

BTW: yeah, I think you're right and he needs a break right now...

PS: I don't think he will do the ASC again.... what do u think, guys?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think you didn't understand me. I asked what you think Jay should have done instead playing the mass game since 2001. I think it worked for him wonders due the fact he can't be as sharp as Dex and the rest of the smaller guys.

BTW: yeah, I think you're right and he needs a break right now...

PS: I don't think he will do the ASC again.... what do u think, guys?
I understood you, I just didn't really answer your question. :gaysign:

I think he did everything right to become the top bodybuilder in the world. When he started training with more free weights, he really started packing on more mass.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well a lot of it is actually genetics. If you're born with wide hips, you're going to stay that way forever, there's just nothing you can do about it (Gunter Schlierkamp for example). Jay obviously did the right thing, because the mass game suits him best. He can still maintain a pretty tight midesection (as we've seen this year), unlike Ronnie Coleman, or Dennis James for example.

By the way nice video!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh yes, because your opinion is definitely superior to my opinion.
:sissyfight:

I've always said I'm biased by the aesthetic physiques. Get over it. I'm allowed to prefer aesthetics. Doesn't stop me also appreciating Ronnie for the champ he was.

Also I'm about to go and post in another section, so keep an eye out for it so you can post immediately afterwards to criticise me. While you are at it, why not stop off at the Introductions section and criticise a newbie. :borat:

I agree, I prefer aesthetic physiques as well. :thumbsup2:

mvsf1 said:

What facts? Those are not "Facts" as much as they are your opinion or general assessment. You are arguing over something that is merely perception and preference so why does someone need to state rock hard "Facts"??

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What facts? Those are not "Facts" as much as they are your opinion or general assessment. You are arguing over something that is merely perception and preference so why does someone need to state rock hard "Facts"??

1) Ronnie was a beast. That's a fact.
2) Jay NEVER showed as sharp as Dexter Jackson, that's a fact.
3) Jay would have never beaten Dexter Jackson this year if they were the same size, that's a fact.
4) Jay can't win weighing the same as Dex because his structure and conditioning are not as good as Dexter's. That's a fact.
5) The Creator wrote "Jay destroyed the competition". He said it, that's another fact.

I'm being realistic, that's all.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1) Ronnie was a beast. That's a fact.
2) Jay NEVER showed as sharp as Dexter Jackson, that's a fact.
3) Jay would have never beaten Dexter Jackson this year if they were the same size, that's a fact.
4) Jay can't win weighing the same as Dex because his structure and conditioning are not as good as Dexter's. That's a fact.
5) The Creator wrote "Jay destroyed the competition". He said it, that's another fact.

I'm being realistic, that's all.

Your opinion has suddenly changed from the original points of opinion that Braaq and I were commenting on.

You said:
This is you criticising my opinion about aesthetics. Get over it!

This is you questioning a my opinion on a hypothetical situation.
This is your opinion on why distention occurs. You are ignoring the fact that a lot of smaller competitors are just short and are actually similar proportions relative to size. The other point you ignore is just how much drugs affect distention. Check out people with insulin problems and how good they look.
"Needed"??? Chose is the correct adjective.
So being huge is the only way to win????? Ronnie had more than just mass.
Why not? He was lean as hell this year.
Your first actual fact statement. :borat:
Being rewarded has nothing to do with being right. But I agree he was rewarded well for playing the mass game.

But these "facts" you refer to are not present. Your opinion is that Jay is ever so wonderful and that any flaws are irrelevant. I say the flaws are relevant because BBing isn't about just being the biggest. If that were the case we'd just slap as much muscle onto our bodies as possible and have a weigh in to determine the winner. BBing is about aesthetics and balance as well.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'm going to back Tim here, just because you've played the game doesn't mean you deserve a reward. Jay IMO has a flawed physique and did not deserve this Olympia when there were much better physiques on show with pretty similar conditioning.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is you questioning a my opinion on a hypothetical situation.

We are in 2001. Jay has lost the Olympia to Ronnie Coleman. Ronnie has displayed in the past (2000 Mr Olympia) a bigger phisique than Jay's. What Cutler should do know in your opinion? Stay the same weight and try to be more cut than in 2001 Olympia? Play the size game trying to catch Ronnie?

It's not difficult, please answer, it seems you don't like to discuss at all. It very interested in your reply.

This is your opinion on why distention occurs. You are ignoring the fact that a lot of smaller competitors are just short and are actually similar proportions relative to size. The other point you ignore is just how much drugs affect distention. Check out people with insulin problems and how good they look.

Tnx God, at least one good reply. Ok I disagree. In fact I'm not ignoring what insulin do. To get as big as Cutler or Kai (mass monsters) you NEED insulin, GH and all that stuff. That's why their stomach is distented. Now take a look at how Shawn Ray looked being much lighter than mass monsters. His lines were perfect, he didn't took lots of insulin. Remember also Flex Wheeler's transformation in order to get huge (1993 vs 2000) Then:

Insulin + GH + etc -> Mass Monster -> Big gut
No big dosages + less food -> Big but streamlined -> No gut.

"Needed"??? Chose is the correct adjective.
Yeah, "needed" in order to win the Olympia. Of course nobody put a gun in his head but Olympia is all about size since 1991. Yeah, Dex won last year, but I bet you the average weight of Mr O. winners since that date is well over 250lbs. So, you need to be huge to suceed in the Mr Olympia nowadays.

So being huge is the only way to win????? Ronnie had more than just mass.

It's not the only thing you need in order to win, but it's a MUST looking at past 20 Mr Olympia results. That's a fact. If you are not big, you don't win.

Why not? He was lean as hell this year.

Why not? Even this year, at his all time best (once in... 30 competitions he might be done¿?) he was not as cut as Dexter Jackson. That's a fact. Call it genetics or "bad luck"... but that's not his strong point.

Your first actual fact statement.

Wow! You agree with me in Jay's faults, what a surprise!

Being rewarded has nothing to do with being right. But I agree he was rewarded well for playing the mass game.

LOL. Man, he did it right because he took what he wanted to (The Sandow) without killing anybody. He won 6 big trophies, that's the only important thing.

In fact I think Levrone's got a better body than Jay some years. Did Levrone won? Nope. Did Jay? Hell yeah. Who materialize his dream? Only Jay.

That's why I said he did the right thing.

But these "facts" you refer to are not present. Your opinion is that Jay is ever so wonderful and that any flaws are irrelevant. I say the flaws are relevant because BBing isn't about just being the biggest. If that were the case we'd just slap as much muscle onto our bodies as possible and have a weigh in to determine the winner. BBing is about aesthetics and balance as well.

No, Jay has flaws.... if fact I always said in 1000 threads Ronnie Coleman is the best BB ever. I'm not blind.

I agree, bobybuilding is not (or should be not) only about size, but IN FACT Mr Olympia is. You don't like Cutler's structure and that's fine to me, I respect your opinion, and you should respect judges' one too. :gaysign:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
^I'm not even sure what your argument is anymore...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^I'm not even sure what your argument is anymore...

His very last point is to agree with me again. So basically the basis of his argument is to argue with me. Pretty much why I'm not playing.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Cutler would have not won the Olympia if he didn't played the size game. That's my main point.

But I think the others are only arguing that he shouldn't win just because he played the size game.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
But I think the others are only arguing that he shouldn't win just because he played the size game.

Nope, they are arguing he did something bad playing the size game.

I think for some of you is better having the body you like instead having the body IFBB judges want. This is PRO BB, they are there to win contests and money, no looking how they want to.