Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Possible Pec Injury

    Is it possible to have a slight pec tear and it not bruise? Is it even possible to train chest with a slight pec tear? I feel discomfort/pain where the pec and shoulder tie-in more so on the pec. I dont feel any pain while training shoulders. Its not an excruciating pain but something I feel while training chest mostly especially incline flys.

    Similar Bodybuilding Threads:


    POWERED BY KETONES

    Possible Pec Injury



    •   Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Body building advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Body building,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Muscle Building Community

        

        
        Support Muscle Mecca and Visit Our Sponsors




  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by GetSize View Post
    Is it possible to have a slight pec tear and it not bruise? Is it even possible to train chest with a slight pec tear? I feel discomfort/pain where the pec and shoulder tie-in more so on the pec. I dont feel any pain while training shoulders. Its not an excruciating pain but something I feel while training chest mostly especially incline flys.
    Yes it is absolutely possible to have a tear in a muscle and their be no bruising, especially if the tear is more deep as opposed to being superficial. I would go to a doctor and get an MRI to see the extent of your injury so you can find out what exactly it is you are experiencing, and the correct treatment/therapy to make sure the injury heals to allow for proper function in the future.


     


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    Yes it is absolutely possible to have a tear in a muscle and their be no bruising, especially if the tear is more deep as opposed to being superficial. I would go to a doctor and get an MRI to see the extent of your injury so you can find out what exactly it is you are experiencing, and the correct treatment/therapy to make sure the injury heals to allow for proper function in the future.
    Thx for the response BB. I feel I have been getting 100% out of my chest workouts but ive dealt with this slight discomfort. Im wondering if I am injured why has it not gotten worse? Its the only reason why I continue to train. But I will get the MRI regardless.


     


  4. #4
    Mecca V.I.P. tim290280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Age
    38
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    9,271
    ^^ Yes it has gotten worse. Especially if you are doing flys. Be smarter about injuries, ignoring it is setting you up for a major problem.


    Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    My Log - Join the Journey!
    Aussie Lift-Off


  5. #5
    Mecca Super-***** dilatedmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Age
    28
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    6,082
    i was having pain and discomfort in the same area a few years ago... some people told me it may have been tendonitis though... i dunno. either way i layed off of it for a while and stretched it often and only worked out to get some blood flow and a small pump but light weight. Eventually it got kinda healed. I still feel it every few months but only after or towards the end of my workout.

    is that u in your avatar and sig? if so, you look fantastic, great quads and upper body from the front atleast.


    "Yeah I grunt when I get my swole at the gym. So everyone can see how jacked and tan I am." -Brucie Kibbutz

    Possible Pec Injury


  6. #6
    Please go to the doc. I had the same issue. Trained through it until a 120lb DB got away from me at the gym and I tried to fly it back and my pec ripped. Still no bruising but horrible pain and now you can tell the muscle did rip. Get it checked out!


     


  7. #7
    Thank you all for the responses. I hope I have not injured myself too much. The hardest thing to do is take off time in the gym or just back off for a while. Im preaching to the choir. lol Thanks again.


     


  8. #8
    Mecca Maniac JoaoT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    29
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    326
    Best recovery for you man. Focus on treat your problem so you can move and train as soon as you wish.


     


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by GetSize View Post
    Thank you all for the responses. I hope I have not injured myself too much. The hardest thing to do is take off time in the gym or just back off for a while. Im preaching to the choir. lol Thanks again.
    One side note: Use your instincts. When a doctor says they can't do anything for you and you know something is wrong then get another opinion. They said I was fine and just needed to heal. Two years later I went to a sports doc and they said I blatantly needed surgery at that time.


     




    • MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Body building advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Body Building Forum

        

        
         We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY






 

 

Tags for this Thread

collapse Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By agreeing to the above you are also agreeing to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Statement.