• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pete's Contest Prep- OCB Midatlantic Classic

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys,

I'm currently getting ready for the OCB Midatlantic Classic, which is an IFPA pro qualifier.

A little about me...

Natural Amateur bodybuilder. Started bodybuilding when I entered college, in the fall of 07' at a height of 5'11 and a weight of 175. I was pretty lean, but didn't have much of a build. I had always been busy with sports, theatre, and school work in high school to put any focus on bodybuilding. When I began college, I put all my physical energy into lifting, eating, rest, etc.
Since then I've put on over 50 pounds and competed twice in the Summer of 08'. Both shows were N.A.B.B.A shows, which were untested amateur shows. I placed 2nd in Junior men, and 4th in Novice in my first show. 2nd in Teen class, and 3rd in Novice in my second show. I weighed about 185 on stage at both shows.

Since then, I dedicated myself to doing a slow and consistent bulk. I did not compete in the summer for two reasons. 1. I had arthroscopic surgery on my right shoulder, which was long, painful and slow recovery process. 2. I wanted to make the best of my youth and grow as much as possible.
I had surgery in April of 09', and couldn't lift properly for about 3 months, and when I could, it took me about 3 months to regain my prior size. However, I continued to hit my legs twice a week, even two weeks after my operation!

I'm currently 19.5 weeks out from the OCB show this summer. I'm really excited to finally be doing a natural show. NABBA was filled with people that used anabolics, which is fine, but I didn't want to compete against people that used, when I did not. It's just not an even playing field.

Also, I have Layne Norton as my contest prep coach for this show. I came in good condition for my first two shows, but not nearly "shredded". If I want to do well in bodybuilding, I need to learn how to get into that 3-4% body fat range and hold my muscle and fullness. I hired Layne, because I know he can get me these kind of results. I figured I would pay him to do so, learn from him, and then be knowledgeable enough to do my own prep in the future.

Attached are pictures my girlfriend took of me about 2 hours after a leg hypertrophy session. I'm 4 days into my diet, so the reduction in carbs has definitely already started to flatten me out just a bit, as I have lost 4 pounds already which im sure is mostly water.

I know I need to work on posing, so please be gentle lol. I havent posed for a camera or on stage in a while, so i definitely need to practice. Posing definitely wins contests for sure.

I'm 227 pounds in these pictures at approximately 18-20% bodyfat.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Photos

first set of pictures..

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Photos 2

More..

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Photos 3

More..

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good call hiring Layne. I will follow your progress. You look like you have on some descent size but you do have some cutting to do. I am sure your time alloted will suffice!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice, ill follow this log for sure! good luck with your prep man!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Guys!

Creator: I definitely have like 25-30 pounds to lose. This offseason, I wanted to stay somewhat lean, but really wanted to focus on making sure I put on some serious mass. I had always worried too much about having a six pack while putting on mass, and that was just a bit counter productive.

PV: Thanks a lot man! knowing I have some people following me, and watching my progress keeps me that much more motivated.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
This will be a great one to follow!

I hope I can learn from this.

keep it up Pete !

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys, I forgot to include my macros I've been following since the start of my diet.

Protein: 275
Carbs: 260
Fats: 65

2 times a week I'll be doing refeed days, which I increase my carbs, and lower my fats and protein. It's roughly the same amount of calories, just more carbs. Carbs = A happy Pete :)

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking massive there bro ,ill be following this log for sure so keep it updated :)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Lionheart! I'll try to keep it updated as much as possible.

A note on my training for anyone who cares lol

I worked with Layne for 12 weeks in the offseason, and he had me doing his P.H.A.T training. Power, Hypertrophy, Adaptive, Training.

This is my run down.

Day 1. Power upper body
I'll do low volume and reps of 5 usually. some 6-10 depending on the exercise. I'll work the entire upperbody in this day. 2 exercises for chest, back, and shoulder. 1 exercise for biceps and triceps.
Day 2. Lower body power
Same idea, but with the legs.
Day 3. Rest
Day 4: Chest and Back Hypertrophy
I'll utilize different rep ranges, 6-10, 10-12, 12-15, 15-20 anything relatively medium to high. The number of sets are more, and the rest periods are shorter as well. I really focus on getting a big pump on these days.
Day5 5. Leg hypertrophy
Same idea, but with legs. Also note, I'll use methods such as supersetting, drop sets, rest pause, and different tempos on all my hypertrophy days.
Day 6. Bi, tri, shoulder hypertrophy
Same as above, but with arms.
Day 7. rest

Also note, Im doing 4 days of cardio right now. ranging from 20-25 minutes.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
arms and back look great pete, im with lionheart a contest log is exciting to check ill support you every step of the way. I like the mix of power and hypertrophy as well. Keep us updated :)

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Pickle! I always thought my back was a bit of a weak point :( It's somewhat wide, but the thickness still needs to come up a lot.

Thanks so much for the support man, I really appreciate it a lot. I'll make sure to keep you guys all posted with new pics each week.

Also, just wanted everyone to know what supplements I'm taking right now, if anyone is wondering.

1. Dymatize whey
2. ON Casein
3. Creatine Monohydrate
4. Beta alanine
5. Scivation XTEND
6. Fish oil
7. Lipo 6X
8. CLA
9. Sesamin
10. Opti-men Multi V
11. If I'm really dragging ass, I'll take JACK3D from time to time for preworkout energy. I've only needed it once or twice so far.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
19 weeks

Hey guys Here are some updated pictures taken 10 minutes ago. These were taken 6 hours after a power leg session. Also, the last pictures I showed you guys were taken only 5 days ago, so this isnt a full week of progression, however just as an FYI I have lost a total of 6 pounds in my first week of dieting. Every time I look in the mirror during the day, I feel like I see small differences across my body.

Feeling good, still strong, meals are keeping me satisfied, and the pounds of fat are dropping. = Happy!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also note my girlfriend and I's dog at my feet in some of the pictures. He's a jack russel terrier yorkie mix. Hes a bundle of positive energy, which is so awesome, especially during contest prep when you can feel a little low from dieting, cardio, lifting, etc.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
18 weeks!

Hey Guys,

So I've finished two weeks of my diet so far. 18 more weeks to go! My weight this week fluctuated a bit, which is very frustrating when all you want the scale to do is gradually go down every day. But I think I have to not put so much emphasis on the scale, as the body does strange things like hold water, get constipated, etc. I should really focus a little less on the scale, and a little more on the mirror. My weight last week was 225 on saturday, and my weight this saturday was 223, so im right on point! However, this morning my weight was 223.8, which was kind of strange.
My workouts are all going well, I dont feel tired or drained at all. Even though im dieting, I still feel fairly full, which is awesome. I want to make sure I keep all my muscle, I know its near impossible, but I figure if I make a lofty goal, I'll get closer to perfection.
Attached are some pics from this morning. these pics were taken cold, before any meal or training!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
more..

more pics..

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
last set.

last set..