• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Mass Gain Diets for Bodybuilders

M

magnus07

Most of the people want to loose weight because obesity is the biggest problem in between the people of all age groups.If you want to gain some weight or mass then you can't get much information form others. The most important thing that I cannot emphasize is that you need to eat to gain weight. You need to eat like you?ve never eaten before. If you are not eating enough calories, you will NEVER gain weight, no matter what you do. In order to build new muscle, you must eat more calories than your body burns off, creating what is called a caloric surplus. To gain mass, you should strive to eat around 18-20 times your bodyweight in calories. The extra calories will be used by your body to repair muscle tissue that is damaged during the heavy workouts, and to build new muscle.

Now, when I say eat, I do not mean just anything. All calories are not created equal. In other words, some types of calories are not equal to others for gaining muscle. For example, if I said that you need to eat 2,000 calories per day to gain weight, and you eat 4 bags of potato chips each day, do you think you would gain muscle? Not likely. The majority of your weight would be fat. Why? Because potato chips, like most processed junk food, contains empty, totally nutritionless calories. These foods do not provide you with the correct nutrient breakdown essential for gaining muscle

To gain weight, you will be eating a large amount of calories. Unfortunately, your body can only assimilate a certain number of calories at each meal. For our purposes, eating three meals per day is not beneficial. If you had to eat 3,000 calories per day, then you would end up eating 1,000 calories at each meal. The average person can only use a portion of those calories. The excess will be stored as fat or removed from the body.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Helpless post ever. Sorry, mate.

Torres

Torres

Sorry bro , but as a hardgainer , this did not help !!!
3 meals at 1,000 calories a meal may be alittle too much for some . Me, on the other hand , eat smaller meals throughout the day as well as larger meals that equal up to or exceed the 3,000 mark . I may not hit that every single day , mind you , but I usually eat whenever I'm hungry , which is often , and with my Fitness Pal App, I can see exactly where I'm at to be able and hit my goal of caps for the day .
If I see that I'm coming in short of Cals , I'll add in a weight gainer shake and that usually gets me to where I need to be.
Plus a post workout weight gainer shake is a MUST for me . My .02 !!!

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

To gain weight eat 3 healthy meals a day and take 3 fastfood snacks a day burgers, dogs, pizza, meat sandwiches and other not so healthy foods, also drink several glasses of whole or full cream milk or chocolate milk drink a day. Also double your supplements. Doing this would definitely increase your weight.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This reminds me of my teenage years when I was skinny. I tried the barbell of my brother in the garage. It was quite heavy but I could lift it for maybe 5 reps at the start until 10 reps. And after a week, I was expecting to gain weight but didn't although the muscle on my biceps were visible, at least to my eyes. My father said that I should eat double of the volume of my meals if I wanted to gain weight and have muscles. Unfortunately, my appetite didn't cooperate. But one friend was able to have the muscled body by eating more food. He was lucky to afford nice foods like steak and roast beef.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To gain quality weight as a bodybuilder you need to have a 50/30/20 percentage(carbs,protein,fat) going on- also the body gets used to the amount of calories you are giving it, so every two weeks you need to up the calories by 300. Also get plenty of sleep to help repair the muscle as well.