• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Elbow aching & growth

SirTeddy

SirTeddy

After doing dips I have noticed this odd aching in the tip of my elbow. It doesn't hurt at all while I'm doing the exercise but a little while after my elbow starts to ache. The aching occurs only in my right elbow (I'm right handed).

I've also noticed that my right elbow is pointier than my left. Could the strange aching be a reason for elbow bone growth?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After doing dips I have noticed this odd aching in the tip of my elbow. It doesn't hurt at all while I'm doing the exercise but a little while after my elbow starts to ache. The aching occurs only in my right elbow (I'm right handed).
What sort of dips? Is it only with dips or do you notice it more with french presses, skull crushers, etc?

I've also noticed that my right elbow is pointier than my left. Could the strange aching be a reason for elbow bone growth?
Not likely unless you've had an injury there.

I get elbow pain too, often notice it first in the dominant arm (basically the dominant arm compensates for the weak arm by adjusting position and thus becomes irritated earlier/sooner). The thing is that most tricep exercises are actually pretty harsh on the elbow due to the loading and angles used. Press downs, parallel bar dips, floor presses, band extensions, sissy tricep ext are the sorts of exercises that cause least irritation. I'm guessing that you were doing bench dips (or a form of parra dips that had some odd angles for the body) which are actually pretty harsh on the shoulders and the triceps were trying to compensate and thus flared.

SirTeddy

SirTeddy

What sort of dips? Is it only with dips or do you notice it more with french presses, skull crushers, etc?
Firstly, thanks for responding. This has been bothering me for some time now.
I do paraller bar dips. Similar aching doesn't occur in any other triceps exercises. The strange thing is that it really feels like the bone is aching. Maybe it's due to my right arm being the dominant as you said.