• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

knee cap hurts

fdelval

fdelval

Hello,
I use to do free squats with very low weight once a week. My right knee has never been very strong, so i tend to use very low weight to give it time to strenght up.

Today i woke up with a weird pain in the LEFT knee cap, as i see it, in the right side (internal).

Area was a bit bloated, and it hurts like a bitch if i apply a massage over it.
Its range of movement seems as wide as the other knee cap, and only hurts if i press its internal side.

When walking, it feels rare, like the knee is about to pop out (like when u crack your knuckles and you feel better) and im constantly straightening it up in a try to re-colocate it... in fact, it clicks sometimes when i straight it up.

Im waiting 3 days (holydays) , then going to the medic if it doesnt heal, meantime, if you guys have any suggestion, ill hear it.

thank you

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds like you need an MRI.

Also I'm betting that if you posted a video of your squat form, a video of you walking and running, that we'd see all sorts of issues. So when you get this fixed see a physio and get them to sort you out to move properly.

xtacy

xtacy

does it hurt when you use stairs?

i had the same problem. it hurt when i walked but doing stairs was like torture. i went to doctor, had MRI and it turned to be grade 2 meniscus(there are 5 grades. 3 and above need surgery) i had physical treatment for 14 days and i will be doing exercises at home for 2 months. i won't do any leg training till march.

just take it seriously and see a doctor asap. i waited 2 weeks before going to a doctor. my advice don't make the same mistake.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
does it hurt when you use stairs?

i had the same problem. it hurt when i walked but doing stairs was like torture. i went to doctor, had MRI and it turned to be grade 2 meniscus(there are 5 grades. 3 and above need surgery) i had physical treatment for 14 days and i will be doing exercises at home for 2 months. i won't do any leg training till march.

just take it seriously and see a doctor asap. i waited 2 weeks before going to a doctor. my advice don't make the same mistake.

Yes, this is what I was thinking it would be. Most meniscus issues are either traumatic or from gradual build up. I had a traumatic meniscus tear, but poor movement patterns, crap form while lifting, etc can cause just as much of a problem.

fdelval

fdelval

Hello all, and happy new year

well, as i supposed, pain came to me as it went out.
Today, im ok, and it doesnt hurt. It usually happens to me, but never with such big pain as this time...

2 causes:
when i mostly felt pain was driving, hitting the pedals, i got a good pain two days before the driving test aswell, and it went suddenly...... weird

I had almost 39?C feber last week, i took paracetamol and, i dont know why, i found some spots in my knee, maybe some alergic reaction made a spot grow downwards and irritate then tendom?
with 39?C feber, i almost did nothing but stay in bed, how else could i get such a bad pain in the knee then?

wicked knees -_- ...