• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Nongineers

Glex

Glex

Diet cat says no spoon 4u
VIP
People without engineering degrees need to stop touching Excel. That is all.

Glex

Glex

VIP
God damn it Line. You have reasoning skills, though, so it's probably okay.

I found out today that Air Force ROTC created a weighting system to rank cadets competing for opportunities to commission that isn't actually weighted correctly. And by found out, I mean I did the math and went WTF? Two days ago they released the results of 2000 cadets using their bogus system. Fail.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I had a Chemistry lab today... had to create a graph in excel... didn't know how to do it. Fail.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
People without engineering degrees need to stop touching Excel. That is all.

And engineers shouldn't be using it either for it is inacurate.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
i'm not an engineer.

that is all.

Glex

Glex

VIP
Inaccurate?

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^

pretty accurate.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
14vsdn9-1.gif

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Lol.... engi-nippling ..... amirite?!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Glex

Glex

VIP
That's ****ing fantastic.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had a Chemistry lab today... had to create a graph in excel... didn't know how to do it. Fail.

Awesome that u had a chem lab. Bogus that u didnt know how to do yr graph. What chem course?

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tkD with epic thread save :)

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Awesome that u had a chem lab. Bogus that u didnt know how to do yr graph. What chem course?

I'm trying to get the grades to do Physiotherapy so I'm just taking 1st year science subjects to help me get there. Its just intro chemistry ahahaha. I just really don't know how to use excel.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
tkd that's the best GIF ever! ever!

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Inaccurate?

have you ever try to do any real math in excel?

Of course it's not the right tool for the job, but even not-so-rare operations offer bogus results, the thing is full of bugs.

ie: enter 4/3 in A1
A2=A1+(1-( (A1-1) + (A1-1) + (A1-1)))
now stretch A2 (however you call it, drag it so A3 is now "=A2+(blabla" etc etc). Every AXX should be 4/3 right?, well, by A51 you'll be having 1.25 of course this is a made up example with cancelative adds and everything but there's too much trust put into Excel out there, with formulae and **** not revised by expert eyes.

Last edited:
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm trying to get the grades to do Physiotherapy so I'm just taking 1st year science subjects to help me get there. Its just intro chemistry ahahaha. I just really don't know how to use excel.

LOL, Very cool! Good luck!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
have you ever try to do any real math in excel?

Of course it's not the right tool for the job, but even not-so-rare operations offer bogus results, the thing is full of bugs.

ie: enter 4/3 in A1
A2=A1+(1-( (A1-1) + (A1-1) + (A1-1)))
now stretch A2 (however you call it, drag it so A3 is now "=A2+(blabla" etc etc). Every AXX should be 4/3 right?, well, by A51 you'll be having 1.25 of course this is a made up example with cancelative adds and everything but there's too much trust put into Excel out there, with formulae and **** not revised by expert eyes.

You're doing it wrong.

I'm not a big fan of MS anything, but spreadsheets are pretty powerful when you use them correctly. The more you learn about Excel the more you realise just how great it can be. Statistics in it are pretty decent as well, but not so great if you don't know what numbers you expect to get - too easy to not get the full output table and only get some of the numbers.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
My gf is an Aerospace and Electrical Engineer, works for the United Launch Alliance.... does that make me an engineer by association?

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
You're doing it wrong.

I'm not a big fan of MS anything, but spreadsheets are pretty powerful when you use them correctly. The more you learn about Excel the more you realise just how great it can be. Statistics in it are pretty decent as well, but not so great if you don't know what numbers you expect to get - too easy to not get the full output table and only get some of the numbers.

No, it's not me doing it wrong. When I have to use a spreadsheet (excel or any other) for anything you can be sure I got it right, but that's because I know what i'm doing, there are terrible,terrible things done in excel (or OO or even 1-2-3). They give clueless people a false feeling of confidence because they're "easy" to use.