• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

IF IT FITS YOUR MACROS IIFYM !! FLEXIBLE DIETING Spread the Word!

Banshee20

Banshee20

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Have you heard of If It Fits Your Macros? If not, I promise you that you will soon! This is the wave of the future for Bodybuilding and for general fitness and overall health. Also referred to as Flexible Dieting, this program allows for users to choose foods that fit within the outline of their Macro profile which is a designated amount of Carbs, Protein and Fat per day. No foods are off limits as long as they fit within the profile. This diet advocates overall healthy eating but is designed to create a complete healthy lifestyle taking into account that it is OK to have foods that you enjoy/like from time to time instead of limiting to a cheat day or two which promotes binging behaviors. Experience and research shows that diet compliance is the biggest factor in success and results and IIFYM perfectly illustrates this. You literally choose the foods you like so how can you go wrong?! You can adjust for parties, outings or whatever.

I recently used this approach to Diet/Peak for my first NPC Bikini show with the help of my Nutrition Coach Tyler Mayer of Team TNT/The Diet Doc Phoenix. It was an absolutely awesome experience. Some of you may know me as I have been on this site for a long time and have always been fit to a higher degree. With the help of If It Fits Your Macros, I was able to come into my show in better shape than ever. Tyler helped me peak perfectly for the show with a constantly increasing macro profile which was tailored to my high metabolic needs. When used for peaking, this approach also does not advocate the use of water or salt depletion. The methods are backed by Dr. Joe Klemczewski and he was available if questions arose throughout the program(which in my case they did not).

Throughout my diet experience, I was eating everything from pizza, lasagna, sub sandwiches, cheeseburgers, macaroni and cheese...whatever...you name it! The day of my show, my macro profile was 100 grams of fat, 500 grams of carbs and around 175 grams of protein. The cleaner the food sources are, the better the results but in my case, I was trying to stay smooth and full so pretty much EVERYTHING fit my macros. The one rule that I kept throughout, especially nearing the show was not eating out as this makes macro tracking too tricky and my coach would not have been pleased. lol. Keep in mind that I do have extremely high metabolic needs but nevertheless, I came into this show healthy, energetic and muscles full instead of starved and half way dead. I was seriously amazed by the results.

Participating in my first bodybuilding show was amazing but it also highlighted some of the extremely unhealthy practices in the fitness community and brought a lot of the imbalance embedded in this lifestyle to my attention. There were people walking around extremely unhealthy, some passing out, talking of how little they have eaten or drank for days, and it doesn't stop there...some of these people keep these behaviors up for a year/years before they crash and burn with weight gain and long term health problems and allergies due to starvation diets/water depletion etc. It is my hope that people will stop doing this to themselves and the IIFYM approach is certainly a great start in that direction!

If you are familiar with the Lean Gains/Intermittent Fasting style of dieting made popular by Martin Berkhan, this will feel familiar to you, just slightly less structured.

I am by no means an expert, but I would be happy to answer any questions that anyone may have to the best of my ability!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KaiGold
Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Haha, I've never heard of it and so I'm glad you shared with us about it. If it fits your macros is a nice slogan to maintain a healthy diet.